IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Guest Mr Salads

it was ok. i wasn't really in the mood for it when i watched it. i don't like zooey deschanel so that didn't help. it had its moments, but i have a feeling people aren't gonna shut the fuck up about it once it gets a wide release.

I am not particularly a fan of zooey either, but in this movie she was cast really well. She has that distant look about her, like she's never really present in the moment but always thinking of something else. Which was quite fitting for this.

Its ok if people dont shut up about it - if you think about it, we don't really get many movies that "speak" to our generation. And whether you liked the movie or you didn't, like Garden State, it still grabs us knowing we can relate to the material better than say "The Graduate" (even if it's the better movie. I brought it up because I was really annoyed with its inclusion in the movie)

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me

i only watched the series before

6/10, didn't really enjoy it and Audrey wasn't in it

the first 30 minutes of this film is full of excellent lol worthy abstract comedy. but i didn't really like the laura palmer part of the film, except of course until the very end in the red room where that dude does the Smooth Criminal supernatural lean dance

Guest zaphod

can we just do away with the entire notion of generations, at this point? it didn't speak to me, just like garden state didn't speak to me. and the only sympathetic character in the graduate is mrs robinson. even though i love that movie, the dustin hoffman character is just a creepy loser with no personality. can we just stop trying to find a movie to "speak to us" because i'm really tired of feeling like i'm going to be spoken for by a bunch of upper middle class white guys in hollywood.

Guest Mr Salads

can we just do away with the entire notion of generations, at this point? it didn't speak to me, just like garden state didn't speak to me. and the only sympathetic character in the graduate is mrs robinson. even though i love that movie, the dustin hoffman character is just a creepy loser with no personality. can we just stop trying to find a movie to "speak to us" because i'm really tired of feeling like i'm going to be spoken for by a bunch of upper middle class white guys in hollywood.

no dude, you can't do away with the notion of generations. you just wish movies were all timeless. the fact is, they arent. they have their moment in the sun and then they become obsolete. just like your entire life will someday be obsolete.

mainly because yeah she was the director of Point Break and Strange Days, two ridiculously flawed movies that i find to be barely watchable now.

oh wait, I'm starting to remember more bits and pieces of Strange Days now - isn't Juliette Lewis the love interest in the movie, and she has some rollerskating on Venice Beach with Ralph Feinnes flashback scene? I've got to see this again. Ralph Feinnes rollerskating with the skank Juliette Lewis. Unless I'm hallucinating.

Guest zaphod

i haven't seen that movie in a really, really long time. is that in it? i barely remember. it's certainly not a very good movie, although i liked the fact that she tried to make something cyberpunk. anyone remember near dark, by the same director? with like half the cast of aliens playing crazed vampires.

haven't seen Near Dark. Yeah I think Strange Days wasn't much better than Johnny Mnemonic. It's weird though, I feel like I recall more of that film than I should. The thing that made me dislike it the first time around - apart from Juliette Lewis singing - was a graphic rape sequence, which may be tame by today's standards.

drag me to hell 9.5

star trek 9

500 days of summer 8.5

tyson 7.5

harry potter athbp 7.5

bruno 7.5

moon 7.5

up 7

hurt locker 7

the hangover 6

public enemies 4

whatever works 3

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i've been crushing on zooey since she sang in Elf

zooey-deschanel.jpg

agreed. very "cute"

Ms. Deschanel: The Universes' gift to mankinds' eyes

the story about her pink bunny, Floppy,

omfg, so damn spoiled

Ahhh, sweet sweet envy and holier than thou judgement passing...humanity shall kill itself even more quickly with these "virtues", thanks again Yegg! We all need to do our part...

Harvey - 8/10

You do love stories about bunnies though.....hmmmm, should quit that...We need this world to die! No time for heartwarming bullshit!

I don't like Zooey Deschanel either

Well you are gay Ben, so what does your opinion matter on this? But you are right, she is no Judy Garland....

zooey deschanel is one of the most unappealing female leads in the history of movies

Your opinions are like a mirror to mine as of late....

jesus people here really find her appealing?

i find her only 2nd in unappealing girls who appeared to have not reached full puberty, of course the first one is Kirsten Dunst, who everybody here should now refer to as Dr. Sunken Tits

zooey deschanel is one of the most unappealing female leads in the history of movies

Your opinions are like a mirror to mine as of late....

I don't know if i would say that, the only thing i've noticed you ever openly express dislike for in the past 6 months is the band 2562, you are on a hyper positive 'like everything that crosses my path' streak if you will. which is admirable to be into so much current stuff, i wish i was more like that

Guest analogue wings

if you think zooey is hot, you haven't seen The Happening - which is quite understandable

wtf kind of name is Zooey???

does she have a nerdy sister called Museumey and a skanky sister called Beachey???

Guest Adjective

yeah, she's no forum personality, but i still think she's hot.

The Hangover 6/10

maybe it was watching it with a lot of people, or that i was trying to make music while it was going, but it only laughed me up a few times.

Archived