IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

So source code isn't "the thriller of the year" as imdb or something stated. hrmm. Will still grab it thought, even though the premise and preview looked pretty shaky.

it's quite possible I'm just too dumb/ADD. My eyes started to glaze over when the black dude launched into the technical mumbo-jumbo. But I think I got the general notion well enough, understood what happened in the end.

Another thing that wasn't adequately explained was what the scientists thought would happen when the 8 minute loop was up but the main characters weren't in proximity to the bomb. If it was an 8 minute loop regardless of outcome, seems they would have expected him to be bounced back to the present even if he didn't die. Of course they neatly sidestepped this so they could hold it for the "big reveal" at the end of the film...was still silly how the one time they got off the train he was conveniently knocked onto the tracks to get run over by another...anyhoo...

i think the idea was that the brains of all the dead people in that train bombing were connected somehow, so by connecting them all they kinda created a plausible virtual reality for 8 mins...or something.

basically it's all crap, it's a movie guided by premise not by a sensible script, a geek's fantasy as i said earlier.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like good animated films and I thought Rango was really boring

Pretty much, it was made by dumb kids. No sense of craft. Like where rango looks down into a precipice and comments on the distance down, but then there's no accompanying shot to illustrate. They short-cutted a lot, and wasted the poor old animators time.

I like good animated films and I thought Rango was really boring

Pretty much, it was made by dumb kids. No sense of craft. Like where rango looks down into a precipice and comments on the distance down, but then there's no accompanying shot to illustrate. They short-cutted a lot, and wasted the poor old animators time.

not to mention the bad acting...

haha, refer to bad storyboarding comment yolL L

Perhaps, i need to take wattmrz on tours to the movies, and then they'd just get eet.

comments interspersed with being able to ignore me and actually watch the crap on screen.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

Isn't source code explained pretty wellin the actual film?

They are creating alternative dimensions or some shit and not reliving 8 minutes a s the scientist thinks/says

No country for old men

One of my favorite films. Perfect.

Cruel intentions

ok. And who could argue with skunk anansie on the closing credits? Lol

mean girls

didnt realise this was written by tina fey. was pretty good except for the redemption ending of course.

i had seen it before on a plane without sound on someone across the aisles' tv.

homo

When you are married there is some movie bartering that goes on. For example I might watch a jenifer aniston or recce wither spoon film so I can watch no countru for old men or hobo with a shotgun. There are some films which cannot be bartered.

Isn't source code explained pretty wellin the actual film?

They are creating alternative dimensions or some shit and not reliving 8 minutes a s the scientist thinks/says

ok, what would be their scientific reason for why he could change events, rather than just observe them?

he isnt observing anything. he's in the alt dimension. or at least his conscious is inside the guy in that dimension.

i watched a movie last night that was so bad i can't even remember the title. it was 1 hour and 47 minutes too long

three days of the condor - 7/10 - good cast, especially von sydow. best part was the phone hacking and dunaway is always bonertime - redfords hair is epic.

the verdict - 6/10 - very disappointed with this, i get why a lot of people would like it but for me it was unremarkable, it is not newmans finest role nor is it even that good as a courtroom drama, yes it does show one mans rise from the bottom to a moral victory and doing the right thing but really i was underwhelmed and other films have done it better. *ducks*

smiley's people - 10/10 - sequel series to le carre's famous tinker tailor soldier spy, i really cant recommend this enough - if you like espionage, there is in my mind nothing that tops these two. its more satisfying than the first and tbh they should be watched back to back as a whole series because by fuck does it get complicated and verbal. the cast is filled with bit parts from some screen greats not to mention alec guinness as the ever dogged smiley.

sucker punch - didn't finish it/10 - this guy has no talent whatsoever - take some pretty humans - put them in front of a blue screen - cgi some explosions then slow it to half speed for the entire film, fucking deplorable.

Guest analogue wings

i pirated transformers 3 because i make a point of stealing money from that racist douche every time he releases a film.

it's hard to know where to start. it's literally difficult to comprehend that they allowed a film to be released that pays so little attention to the basics of storytelling and getting an audience involved.

fucking film doesnt even end, it just stops. its time for the baddies to die so they die. no sense of hero overcoming anything, no macguffin device activated, no riddle solved, no sacrifices, no being clever, nothing. its like he could have killed them whenever but he just chose then. EVEN THE UNDERPAID KOREANS WHO DREW THE SHITTY 80S TOY AD CARTOONS COULD TELL A BETTER STORY

and as for making a film where there are no real good guys because shia is a fucking selfish dick and optimous is a mass murderer and its a film for 8 YEAR OLDS. what, do you actually openly hate children? it's the storytelling equivalent of looking after your sister's kids for a week and taking them to Denny's for every meal. not even the slightest attempt to get anything good or worthwhile into them. no thought for what the shit you do shovel in them might do in the long run.

recipe for good popcorn movie:

1. make audience give a fuck about some characters

2. imperil said characters in visually interesting fashion

3. save characters in way that affirms the stuff you came to like about characters in step 1

recipe for michael bay movie:

1. splosions

2. tits

3. dick jokes

4. linkin park

you see the difference, bay apologists?

mickey and nicky- good rip peter falk

dead man - good

the wrestler - good

beyond the mat - good

hitman wrestling with shadows - lol

Guest analogue wings

i thought hitman hart was :(

the guy obviously has a forrest gump level iq and seems completely oblivious to how much he's being exploited

he isnt observing anything. he's in the alt dimension. or at least his conscious is inside the guy in that dimension.

I know that. My point is, if the scientists truly understand that, why is the chick all "omg" at the end when he sends her the note?

i pirated transformers 3 because i make a point of stealing money from that racist douche every time he releases a film.

it's hard to know where to start. it's literally difficult to comprehend that they allowed a film to be released that pays so little attention to the basics of storytelling and getting an audience involved.

fucking film doesnt even end, it just stops. its time for the baddies to die so they die. no sense of hero overcoming anything, no macguffin device activated, no riddle solved, no sacrifices, no being clever, nothing. its like he could have killed them whenever but he just chose then. EVEN THE UNDERPAID KOREANS WHO DREW THE SHITTY 80S TOY AD CARTOONS COULD TELL A BETTER STORY

and as for making a film where there are no real good guys because shia is a fucking selfish dick and optimous is a mass murderer and its a film for 8 YEAR OLDS. what, do you actually openly hate children? it's the storytelling equivalent of looking after your sister's kids for a week and taking them to Denny's for every meal. not even the slightest attempt to get anything good or worthwhile into them. no thought for what the shit you do shovel in them might do in the long run.

recipe for good popcorn movie:

1. make audience give a fuck about some characters

2. imperil said characters in visually interesting fashion

3. save characters in way that affirms the stuff you came to like about characters in step 1

recipe for michael bay movie:

1. splosions

2. tits

3. dick jokes

4. linkin park

you see the difference, bay apologists?

flol

To be honest if i'm going to go to the cinema and pay for a popcorn flick it'd better have a shitload of splosions, tits, and lame jokes rather than iteration #4598292 of the same played out formula and lame story. "oh he's a divorced cop with a desire for revenge" "oh how charming i immediately care about him, wonder how it'll all turn out, and what difficulties he'll have to overcome" fuck you! i'm not an idiot just give me an overload of the senses already, which is what the transformers movies do so well, they're a drug.

I find an attempt to pass a lame story and played out characters as entertainment more insulting to me that a blatant appeal to the senses with no story.

I know that. My point is, if the scientists truly understand that, why is the chick all "omg" at the end when he sends her the note?

they didn't know?

Archived