IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Biutiful - I don't think I've seen a better film in the last five years. When Innaritu teams up with Guillermo Arriaga, he's a talented but derivative filmmaker. On his own, he's on the level of Bergman (in his prime). Perhaps, having lost both of my parents to cancer, the story of Biutiful is simply too personal. Nonetheless, it made me weep...and Bardem is a legend.

aye great film. poignant.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm currently listening to the audiobook of Stephen King's "Different Seasons". Published in 1982, it's a departure from his horror novels, and consists of 4 novellas. The first of which is the very well known "Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption", best know for the film adaption. I just got done watching the film for the first time yesterday. The hype around this movie was incredible. Everybody thinks its the best movie they've ever seen blah blah. While it was a very good movie, it certainly lacked a punch after listening to the audio novella.

The second novella in the book is "Apt Pupil" about a young American kid in the 70's who discovers a Nazi war criminal hiding out in California under another name. It's very good so far. It was also made into a film of the same name, starring Ian McKellan as the Nazi. I plan to watch this after I finish this portion of the audiobook. I had no idea it was a film until the other day, and I find that its an interesting exercise to listen to these books being read, and then watch the film adaptions.

I'm not sure if the other 2 stories in this book have also been made into movies. It would be great if they were.

edit: LOL, I just checked and the 3rd novella is called "The body" which was made into the film "Stand by me" which I saw years and years ago. Great film. The 4th story in the book has no film adaption. For this reason I'm more interested in it.

I would LOVE to see a film adaptation of The Long Walk, and a closer adaptation of the runningman

not to sure how americans would take the ending of the books ending though

tonight i shall start to watch twinpeaks for the first time, should i start with the film first or just plunge right in at the pilot episode?

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Biutiful - I don't think I've seen a better film in the last five years. When Innaritu teams up with Guillermo Arriaga, he's a talented but derivative filmmaker. On his own, he's on the level of Bergman (in his prime). Perhaps, having lost both of my parents to cancer, the story of Biutiful is simply too personal. Nonetheless, it made me weep...and Bardem is a legend.

Probably gonna go see this and Tree Of Life at my local art house theater now. Sorry about your parents dude, it's not easy dealing with that shit. My sister is going to die in the next couple of months from it, my mother has something bad and my dad keeps fighting it with much luck. Life is ruff tuff cookies

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

loose change

better than in plain sight but didnt mention the flashes or...something else i forget

i know i am late on these 9/11 documentaries. which are the other good ones.

loose change

better than in plain sight but didnt mention the flashes or...something else i forget

sorry to be a 9/11 faggot, but which Loose Change did you watch? there are 4 of them, the 1st one is filled with misinformation similar to 'In Plane Sight'. I would rank both of these documentaries about a 2 or a 3 out of 10 on the accuracy scale.

Loose Change final cut is more of a 7 or 8, it's a totally different film from part 1. That's the only Loose change i recommend.

On another tip the best 9/11 movies i've seen who's information is near bullet proof are - Improbable Collapse , 9/11 Press for Truth and Power of Nightmares (doesnt subscribe to inside involvement, but breaks down how Al Qaeda as the West knows it is a total myth)

loose change

sorry to be a 9/11 faggot, but which Loose Change did you watch? there are 4 of them, the 1st one is filled with misinformation similar to 'In Plane Sight'. I would rank both of these documentaries about a 2 or a 3 out of 10 on the accuracy scale.

Loose Change final cut is more of a 7 or 8, it's a totally different film from part 1. That's the only Loose change i recommend.

no i think this is a valid as watching an old cut is silly. we saw the one on netflix which is the "Loose Change 9/11: An American Coup", released on September 22, 2009 (according to wiki). unsure how it differs from final cut (which wiki says came out in 2007)

The original 2005 film was edited and re-released as Loose Change: 2nd Edition (2006), and then subsequently edited a third time for the 2nd Edition Recut (2007), each time to tighten the focus on certain key areas and to correct some inaccurate claims and remove copyrighted material. Loose Change: Final Cut, deemed "the third and final release of this documentary series"[1] was released on DVD and Web-streaming format on November 11, 2007.[2][3]

Another version of the film, Loose Change 9/11: An American Coup, released on September 22, 2009, is narrated by Daniel Sunjata and distributed by Microcinema International.[4]

On another tip the best 9/11 movies i've seen who's information is near bullet proof are - Improbable Collapse , 9/11 Press for Truth and Power of Nightmares (doesnt subscribe to inside involvement, but breaks down how Al Qaeda as the West knows it is a total myth)

i'll look those out thanks.

its one of those things that when you look at it it seems so ridiculous that anyone believes it and therefore has to be mass denial or ignoring

ah ok, you saw the one the guy from Rescue Me narrated. That one is good, but it seems to be going for a far different tone than the previous 3. The previous Loose Change movies were very obviously made by a young person with a lot of angst. The american coup one is like a repackaged version of Final cut trying to seem much more like a traditional political documentary you would see in the theater. I prefer Final cut because of its bombastic visual style.

i really can't see how any critically thinking person can walk away from watching '9/11 Press for Truth' and believe that there was no coverup. It tugs at your heart strings a tad, it follows mostly 4 9/11 widows and their quest to even get the 9/11 comission started (it was stalled for almost a year, the administration was scared shitless of anything resembling an investigation of the attack). It doesn't even imply that 9/11 had us government involvement, it simply makes an air tight case for how absurdly white washed the 9/11 official story is/was

Welcome to Dongmakgol - Korean film set in the Korean War. Lots of magical realism used to tell a story that is anti-war and examines how we operate as individuals in the world. Awesome film - 9/10.

ah ok, you saw the one the guy from Rescue Me narrated. That one is good, but it seems to be going for a far different tone than the previous 3. The previous Loose Change movies were very obviously made by a young person with a lot of angst. The american coup one is like a repackaged version of Final cut trying to seem much more like a traditional political documentary you would see in the theater. I prefer Final cut because of its bombastic visual style.

i really can't see how any critically thinking person can walk away from watching '9/11 Press for Truth' and believe that there was no coverup. It tugs at your heart strings a tad, it follows mostly 4 9/11 widows and their quest to even get the 9/11 comission started (it was stalled for almost a year, the administration was scared shitless of anything resembling an investigation of the attack). It doesn't even imply that 9/11 had us government involvement, it simply makes an air tight case for how absurdly white washed the 9/11 official story is/was

have you seen the BBC's 'The Conspiracy Files' 9/11 docs?

i'm not 100% sure but i've seen a good number of the 'debunking' 9/11 conspiracy docs. I give it 10 years or so before major media outlets like History Channel and BBC start to cover the event with a more critical eye, right now they are stuck playing a game of catchup trying to debunk point for point claims made by people in the 9/11 truth movement. You will notice rarely will they ever actually tackle indisputable facts like the Saudi or Pakistani ISI $ funding that went into the attacks or that 100 israeli spies were rounded up by the US government and deported back to israel the week after 9/11.

Edit: yes i have seen it, - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/conspiracy_files/6341851.stm#10 this is an interesting synopsis of it. It's very telling which issues they choose not to cover, or how they answer certain questions for instance

Did a commercial airline hit the Pentagon?

Can CCTV footage prove what happened at the Pentagon?

Did a military transport plane control the attack on the Pentagon?

when to me the obvious question that everyone should be asking is how did a commercial airliner get hijacked, not intercepted by any us military and then hit the first floor of one of the most famous US military buildings in the world 30 minutes after it hit the WTCs?

or funny anti semetic baiting questions like this

Were Jews forewarned about the attacks?

what it really does is take people's focus away from the fact that Israel was running a major spy operation in New York city on the time of 9/11, the us government deported them in a huge spy roundup, the biggest afaik in history.

Ok thanks.

the reason not to see the film first(which I actually did) is that it is a prequel, but a prequel with spoilers. The series is a mystery based on trying to understand the events leading up to her death, and the film takes place while she is still alive and covers that time period. The film is still very good, but meant to be retrospective look that fills in some of the gaps left by the series.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

A 4 second video sampled clip smoothly integrated enough you didn't notice dropped the film down two points? Didn't throw away all the records that sampled the amen break when you found Richard D James wasn't really play the drums?

http://forum.watmm.com/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=4&t=67225&qpid=1612815

"The reason that this was done was because Gabriella Cedillo, an extra, was injured on set (while filming this exact scene). Bay needed the scene but they shut down filming in Indiana and Chicago after this happened, out of respect for Gabriella and her family...and they didn't use the footage from filming the scene (the special effects were so huge that it was a one-time deal)."

Extra (24-year-old Gabriela Cedillo) Has Skull "Sliced Open" On Transformers 3 Set

I remember reading about that a long while back. IGN posted this and then had to update 'oh shit we didn't do any research on the issue, didn't know about the accident or anything durrr.'

'Transformers 3' Stunt Victim Sues Studios

Guest GrandPopPoplock

A 4 second video sampled clip smoothly integrated enough you didn't notice dropped the film down two points? Didn't throw away all the records that sampled the amen break when you found Richard D James wasn't really play the drums?

http://forum.watmm.com/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=4&t=67225&qpid=1612815

"The reason that this was done was because Gabriella Cedillo, an extra, was injured on set (while filming this exact scene). Bay needed the scene but they shut down filming in Indiana and Chicago after this happened, out of respect for Gabriella and her family...and they didn't use the footage from filming the scene (the special effects were so huge that it was a one-time deal)."

Extra (24-year-old Gabriela Cedillo) Has Skull "Sliced Open" On Transformers 3 Set

I remember reading about that a long while back. IGN posted this and then had to update 'oh shit we didn't do any research on the issue, didn't know about the accident or anything durrr.'

'Transformers 3' Stunt Victim Sues Studios

1 . I knew about the accident . I just didn't know what scene it happened on .

2 . Yes, music sampling is taking something that exist , and altering it to the point where it's either recognizable or unrecognizable . But in this case...I felt cheated . I don't feel cheated when I hear a great song and discover well placed samples . I feel cheated when I sit through a ''war film'', that's 157 minutes ( half of it is talking ) and I discover the best scene of the entire fucking film...was taken from a mediocre movie . Yeah , it was smoothly integrated, but he should of said ''fuck it'' and took out the scene, because the movie desperately needed some massive cuts . And yes , they would of lost a lot of money cutting the scene , but it's the Transformers franchies...they would of got their money back .

3 . This is not the first time :

( not as bad as Transformers 3, but it's still pure wtf )

4 . It's was a 2 point drop . It's not like it went from a 7 to a 1 .

Guest Billov

true-lies.jpg

True Lies - "you're fired"/10

Next monday gonna see Solaris (1972) in the same cinema, can't wait :)

just watched it for the 2nd time and had a better idea of what was going on in the space station. i'd love to see it on a big screen! someone was telling me the remake with clooney is actually pretty decent? anyone seen it to confirm or otherwise?

just watched it for the 2nd time and had a better idea of what was going on in the space station. i'd love to see it on a big screen! someone was telling me the remake with clooney is actually pretty decent? anyone seen it to confirm or otherwise?

yea def watch the remake if you like the original.

yea def watch the remake if you like the original.

just ordered it and 'stalker'.

Archived