IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

braindead 3/10

bad taste 3/10

these are both terrible films, i have absolutely no idea why anyone would think otherwise, unless they're trying to be cool and subscribe to some kind of super low budget is better than everything else ethos, in which case there are better movies.

cmon zap... you have to know the genre. These aren't films you pick apart with your high-browed friends... these are films to sit back and drink a beer to. I consider them my guilty pleasures plus I love to see how people react to them as they watch.

i just thought they were boring and badly made. of course i'm not going to pick them apart or hold them to some kind of high critical standard, but i've read posts here that literally said they were some of the best horror films ever, which is completely absurd.

i just thought they were boring and badly made. of course i'm not going to pick them apart or hold them to some kind of high critical standard, but i've read posts here that literally said they were some of the best horror films ever, which is completely absurd.

They are in no way or form horror when held to it's purest meaning... I guess it could be classified as horror to those who don't know the genre well... i'd classify them as splatter-comedy. You must come into this film with a sense of humor (a sick one at that) and an open mind. They are definitely tailored to a small audience.

braindead 3/10

bad taste 3/10

these are both terrible films, i have absolutely no idea why anyone would think otherwise, unless they're trying to be cool and subscribe to some kind of super low budget is better than everything else ethos, in which case there are better movies.

that's just what new zealand looks like, we can't help it.

lol

Schizopolis - 9/10 , one of the more interesting steven soderbergh movies, starring himself as the main character playing an employee at a Scientology like corporation. Definitly might rub some people the wrong way, but will appeal to fans of Synecdoche i think. After my wife showed me Full Frontal i'm interested in seeing more of his movies. I'm going to watch Bubble and Girlfriend experience probably next.

District 9 - Pretty good, one of the better video games of 2009. Now they should work on making it into a film.

how clever. but on the real what the hell does this even mean?

the Proposition. Was ok, nice that it was basically a spaghetti western taking place in Australia. A few shots of Guy Pierce in the film were straight up copies of Eastwood from those earlier films. Was pretty predictable and I got bored towards the end though - funny how the vital energy of some films ebbs right when they are supposed to be reaching the climax. Liked the music and cinematography 8/10

working on a few movies right now on netflix

sick: super sado masochist - this one is shaping up to be around an 8/10

crazy love - shaping up to be a 6/10. poorly presented but interesting

braindead looks quite entertaining. i've heard good things about that scene, and i must say it lived up and surpassed the things i've been told. still don't think it can possibly beat evil dead 2 though.

the Proposition. Was ok, nice that it was basically a spaghetti western taking place in Australia. A few shots of Guy Pierce in the film were straight up copies of Eastwood from those earlier films. Was pretty predictable and I got bored towards the end though - funny how the vital energy of some films ebbs right when they are supposed to be reaching the climax. Liked the music and cinematography 8/10

I was all excited for that one when it first came out... saw it opening night for I am a closet Nick Cave fan. But I agree, the score/cinematography were the only fixings that kept it interesting; the characters/story were rather crap :(

Guest underscore

ANTIBODY 2/10

only receiving points for falling in the category of so bad its slightly awesome. I would imagine that if you're baked at the time of viewing, this movie may have potential to be more than slightly awesome. (there is just no way I'm going to watch it a second time to be sure.) - here is the description from netflix;

Terrorists have dreamed up a device that enables them to hide the trigger for a bomb inside their bodies -- that way, if they're killed, the bomb goes off anyway. Lance Henriksen and a team of specially trained scientists are sent to deactivate such a trigger for a nuclear weapon that could vaporize Munich and contaminate Western Europe. To get to it, the team is shrunk down and injected inside the terrorist...

braindead looks quite entertaining. i've heard good things about that scene, and i must say it lived up and surpassed the things i've been told. still don't think it can possibly beat evil dead 2 though.

it's funny as hell, but no, it's not as good as evil dead 2, but you gotta give it to PJ, as the ED homages are overflowing the proverbial cup. Make sure you get the unedited version.

ANTIBODY 2/10

only receiving points for falling in the category of so bad its slightly awesome. I would imagine that if you're baked at the time of viewing, this movie may have potential to be more than slightly awesome. (there is just no way I'm going to watch it a second time to be sure.) - here is the description from netflix;

Terrorists have dreamed up a device that enables them to hide the trigger for a bomb inside their bodies -- that way, if they're killed, the bomb goes off anyway. Lance Henriksen and a team of specially trained scientists are sent to deactivate such a trigger for a nuclear weapon that could vaporize Munich and contaminate Western Europe. To get to it, the team is shrunk down and injected inside the terrorist...

synopsis gets 10/10

Guest Adjective

inner space

i was craving this movie the other day, for some reason. does it hold up? i liked it as a kid but i haven't seen it in probably 10-15 years

I just saw District 9 and have to say it disappointed me more than any movie in recent memory not solely due to being bad, but to having all the makings of an amazing film and falling short so fucking miserably. 5/10 with a reviewer bias towards 1/10 out of spite. Fucking horrible cliched boring assfuck of a movie. It's like someone said here we've got this amazing set-up for a fantastic sci-fi film, but let's not stop there, let's graft in every corny B-movie cliche we can think of. Blompkamp is clearly just another one of these idiot savant filmmakers who understands technique but lacks a brain. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume his mental softness allowed Peter Jackson to take over the second half of the film and make emotionally stunted finger paintings with his own feces.

Archived