IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one of the most boring comedies i've ever seen in a theater. i laughed a couple times near the end but it took forever to get there. huge disappointment because i love shaun of the dead and spaced.

one of the most boring comedies i've ever seen in a theater. i laughed a couple times near the end but it took forever to get there. huge disappointment because i love shaun of the dead and spaced.

hm, I thought it got less funny after it went deliberately off the rails into a shoot-em parody. But like most comedies it probably works best if you're watching it with friends.

hm, I thought it got less funny after it went deliberately off the rails into a shoot-em parody. But like most comedies it probably works best if you're watching it with friends.

i didn't get it either but to be fair i didn't give it much of a chance after some failed attempts to make me laugh so i shut it off.

shit, now I feel like a weirdo. I found it not only really entertaining, but actually one of the best directed films I'd seen in a while...for a comedy, I though the direction was excellent. The only reason I can see why watmmers might not like it is that (apart from the masonry-head-crush scene) it is very "family friendly" and not at all edgy. Which I suppose translates into boring for some.

I have to agree. I saw it in DC when it was first released and I started falling asleep toward the middle third of the movie. Something went terribly wrong when they were writing it, I think. It's like they had every element necessary to make a great film, but they forgot to insert, you know, humor.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

to catch a thief - 7/10

disappointing. had so much potential. the idea of an ex jewel thief trying to catch someone impersonating him could be a great movie but they needed to scrap the love angle and basically make grace kelly the thief. i know i know the story is about her catching cary grant and not him catching the real thief but why couldnt it be both? more rooftop chases needed and less poncing about. it was too obvious who the actual thief was anyway. grace kelly is very hot in this one.

Miss March - 7/10 - I wouldn't have given it a 2nd glance had Trevor Moore & Zach Greggor not written/directed it. Saying that I was still disappointed.

Fucking lol at rapper named Horsedick Dot Mpeg. Bigger lol at the 1st time 'ol boy shits himself my goodness!

Mullholland Drive - 10/10 - I've seen this many a time but not recently and goddamn I love every bit of it, even Betty's ridiculous overacting introduction "Ok Coco!" lol love it.

The Aristocrats - 8/10 i guess - Documentary about semi-famous joke "The Aristocrats". It had some serious lol moments. Penn Jillete brought the project together, and lots of good comedians appear.

Guest underscore

I've been watching a couple of episodes of Dexter. It's pretty good. Most of the people who play his colleagues are absolutely awful actors though.

who exactly do you think is an awful actor? the only one who really bugged me to begin with was his sister, although i don't really have issues with her anymore.

in the loop - 5/10

clever but not really funny. really overwritten. also, having worked in a government office, i found it sort of insulting that they portrayed everyone in the higher echelons of power as complete lunatics. there are, you know, some people who actually have the public interest in mind when they pursue a career working in politics. the camera work was really fucking annoying as well. i wanted to just get the hell out of the movie, basically, so i was extremely happy when it was over. watmm fails again.

lol you miserable wretch, are you going through a pbn phase?

I agree there was a point about 3/4 of the way in where the banter started to wear thin and get redundant. I still lolled a lot at the insults that were being flung around, and would like to watch it again just to try and remember them.

I don't think anyone is going to confuse this with a documentary about the "upper echelons of power." It's meant to be a spoof with bite (they did a good job of riffing off the double-speak of a lot of politicians, like Rumsfeld with his "known unknowns and unknown unknowns").

I've been watching a couple of episodes of Dexter. It's pretty good. Most of the people who play his colleagues are absolutely awful actors though.

who exactly do you think is an awful actor? the only one who really bugged me to begin with was his sister, although i don't really have issues with her anymore.

0d2fa7f4e9eb73698238d7537fffc0d61234842553_full.jpg

also, having worked in a government office, i found it sort of insulting that they portrayed everyone in the higher echelons of power as complete lunatics. there are, you know, some people who actually have the public interest in mind when they pursue a career working in politics.

i didn't know you worked in a government office, your ability to work in such a place sheds some light on why you still have a stick up your ass

It's meant to be a spoof with bite (they did a good job of riffing off the double-speak of a lot of politicians, like Rumsfeld with his "known unknowns and unknown unknowns").

the show that the movie was based on does an even better job of this type of satire, the movie is a little more broad. not that it suffers because of that but i think the show is such high brow comedy it makes you feel elite actually being able to follow whats going on.

did you see my thing about State of Play? i put it in a spoiler tag but i was wondering if you had any insight to the absurd plot hole in it.

Archived