IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Paranormal activity 3/10 - best part about this film was staring at the actress' tits the whole time...

other than that, my shits are scarier than this turd of a movie...

I am sure this comparison has been made but youtube should have hosted this film and cut it down to 15 minutes...would've made it worth the time spent waiting for something to actually happen :facepalm:

reviewers are getting paid off by the producers to give it good reviews, that is where their budget for the film is going...

The Blair Witch Project is better and more believable than this shit, and it sucks as well....

Drag Me To Hell and Antichrist are all I could think about while and after watching this.....they actually did freak me out

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zombieland - 6/10

So it's a zombie movie but where's the excessive violence?

Spoiler up ahead

Seriously...

Bill Murray's cameo was the best part of the movie. Hands down.

Paranormal activity 3/10 - best part about this film was staring at the actress' tits the whole time...

I am sure this comparison has been made but youtube should have hosted this film and cut it down to 15 minutes...would've made it worth the time spent waiting for something to actually happen :facepalm:

reviewers are getting paid off by the producers to give it good reviews, that is where their budget for the film is going...

The Blair Witch Project is better and more believable than this shit, and it sucks as well....

Drag Me To Hell and Antichrist are all I could think about while and after watching this.....they actually did freak me out

These were my thoughts as well. I got angry because I fell for the hype surrounding it. I'm hoping The Fourth Kind will be scary to make up for this, but I'm not holding my breath.

Anachronisms: The events upon which the story is based happened in June 1975. There is a portrait of Richard Nixon in the FBI director's office. Nixon resigned in August 1974. Gerald Ford's picture should have been there. Also, as Val Kilmer is driving in the opening sequence, "Badlands" by Bruce Springsteen is playing on the car radio. The album containing this song was released in June 1978. The car driven by Kilmer in the opening scene is a Ford Mustang convertible which wasn't released until 1983

I love movies that take place around 1915-1940 (like Road to Perdition/ There Will be Blood) anyone know of any good ones that have come out in the last 10 years? Any suggestions would be appreciated. :biggrin:

ugh road to perdition was bad. anything that american beauty guy touches is just so safe and hollow

why do these films you want recommended have to be released in the last ten years?

I love movies that take place around 1915-1940 (like Road to Perdition/ There Will be Blood) anyone know of any good ones that have come out in the last 10 years? Any suggestions would be appreciated. :biggrin:

sleepy hollow? lol?

if you havent seen Millers Crossing or Barton Fink go fuck yourself

PS: Z_B_Z, have you heard the TG album Journey Through a Body? just found my vinyl copy of it and forgot how fresh it sounded, almost sounds like the bridge between early Psychic TV and TG

ugh road to perdition was bad. anything that american beauty guy touches is just so safe and hollow

why do these films you want recommended have to be released in the last ten years?

Yea doesn't really matter when they were made as long as the movie is enjoyable. And yes I have seen Barton Fink and Miller's Crossing. As for Road to Perdition It wasn't amazing by any means but I did like it.

watched The Life Aquatic again.

i dont get the naysayers of Wes Anderson....he has this strange and wonderful talent of making an absurd comedy with claymation animals touching and real....its a constantly depressing situation, but not overwhelming and sappy like that POS movie Garden State.

i love you. why in the hell did kate winslet marry sam mendes anyway, had she seen his films?

isnt she in that new one that he did with dicaprio?

PS: Z_B_Z, have you heard the TG album Journey Through a Body? just found my vinyl copy of it and forgot how fresh it sounded, almost sounds like the bridge between early Psychic TV and TG

yeah but its been a while. i can definitely hear the connection in 'dreams less sweet' but 'force the hand of chance' is more of a pop album if im remembering correctly.

These were my thoughts as well. I got angry because I fell for the hype surrounding it. I'm hoping The Fourth Kind will be scary to make up for this, but I'm not holding my breath.

It will be a better film...

they aren't paying off the reviewers with this one...

Milla Jovovich is hot enough to where they don't need to...

Alien abduction might scare me more than demon possession, not sure on that but I think so...

:diablo:

yeah im not holding my breath either. all of these quasi documentaries for scares just remind me of those cheesy ass haunted detective shows on discovery channel now. the genre is done with imo i am frankly shocked a movie like Paranormal activity is so popular right now.

Damn, I need to watch Spirited Away again. Watching that tram clip made me remember why I loved it so much.

yeah I've been watching princess mononoke off and on over the past few nights, and while I loved it when I first saw it, I have to say with the benefit of hindsight that it's not nearly as deep or mature as Spirited Away. Still like how angry *and* balanced it is though, it's a pretty fucking depressing film.

Spirited Away is actually the only Miyazaki film I've seen. I've heard great things about Mononoke and actually all his films from a friend who's a massive fan. But for some reason I find it hard to motivate myself to watch animated movies - I find they can be so easily broken by poor voice acting or what I perceive as poor or annoying animation (eg Dragon Ball Z I find extremely irritating on the eyes).

It's a shame that animated films generally have a stigma of being kid oriented films, Sprited Away way certainly represented as such over here. I keep hearing about how great (and uber tear jerky) Grave of the Fireflies is, but can't bring myself to get it.

Archived