IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

the men who stare at goats 4/10

for not being quite as bad as i expected. theres a bit when clooney says "tell the world what happened" and i thought "but nothing really happened". thats sums up the film pretty much

Is it just me, or does anyone else think the poster for this movie wants to look like a Coen brothers film?

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for not being quite as bad as i expected. theres a bit when clooney says "tell the world what happened" and i thought "but nothing really happened". thats sums up the film pretty much

Yeah, I kinda got that as well, by the time an 45 minutes/an hour arrived it wasn't really going anywhere.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think the poster for this movie wants to look like a Coen brothers film?

its not just the poster, half of the reviewers are saying George Cloony for the 2nd time (leatherheads was the first) is trying desperately and unsuccessfully to channel the Coen Bros. Not only with the way Clooney acts but the obvious inclusion of 'the Dude'

its not just the poster, half of the reviewers are saying George Cloony for the 2nd time (leatherheads was the first) is trying desperately and unsuccessfully to channel the Coen Bros. Not only with the way Clooney acts but the obvious inclusion of 'the Dude'

Is Dude playing The Dude again? Because I watched a film called Door in the Floor once which had The Dude in it and while it was quite good, I just couldn't watch him as not The Dude.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

You mean it's not a Cohen Brothers film?

Yeah it's trying for that for sure. Probably about as good as Burn After Reading too.

edit: it's

edit 2: it's

edit 3: capitalization

just watched this:

"American Psycho"

better than I expected.

yeah. American Psycho is actually about ten times more interesting than it seems at first because it's not about that whole 'well but what if I'm hallucinating?!' stuff that's so mind-boggling at age 13. no, the really interesting thing in American Psycho is solipsism. it basically discusses solipsism in a really interesting way and parodies it really well.

not just the poster, half of the reviewers are saying George Cloony for the 2nd time (leatherheads was the first) is trying desperately and unsuccessfully to channel the Coen Bros. Not only with the way Clooney acts but the obvious inclusion of 'the Dude'

LOL, i noticed that too and i didn't like it. It didn't fit atall. I thought the inclusion of an out of context dude character was a rather dubious reference. A bad homage,

Guest abusivegeorge

A Christmas Carol.

8/10

Don't ask me why, I just really really loved this film. It was seriously dark and made me jump on several occasions, really gloomy and sinister, enjoyed it muchly. Visually very pleasing and an easy film to watch.

fearless1.jpeg

watched this the other night on a whim and i must say, i was really moved by it. generally i dont really like peter weirs films but this was really good. took me by surprise. great use of goreckis 3rd symphony at the end.

i don't mean to be redundant but i saw about 4 years ago a BBC (or maybe tvone) special called "crazy rulers of the world' that was a documentary by jon ronson going around talking to these actual guys, the goat staring dude as well as the hippy jedi guy (bridge's character). I highly recommend watching it, you can find it on most torrent search engines. I think Ewan Mcgregor is supposed to be Jon Ronson but someone in here said the main character has an american accent, Ronson is british.

Up - What an enormously disappointing shit pile.

apparently you didn't understand the symbolism in the film. The house represents the baggage from his previous life that he has to cut free, in order to live a new life of carnal abandon with his young asian butterball.

Up - What an enormously disappointing shit pile.

apparently you didn't understand the symbolism in the film. The house represents the baggage from his previous life that he has to cut free, in order to live a new life of carnal abandon with his young asian butterball.

lol

Madame De... - 7/10 - Beautiful film though a bit all over the place... at first I was expecting this ironic stab at the rich, similar to Brunel's style,which it was at first, but then the story begins to get serious. It was hard to take the characters genuinely after such a beating. I'm sure it needs another few viewings but right now I don't know what to think. Beautiful film though.

Guest Al Hounos

Aachi and Ssipak (아치와씨팍)

A film about love, betrayal, violence, and shitting. Pretty light on story and character development, but tons of exciting and superbly animated action.

Plus any movie that mentions 'anus', 'rectum' or 'poo' at least once every 10 seconds deserves an automatic WATMM seal of approval.

7.5/10

just watched this:

"American Psycho"

better than I expected.

yeah. American Psycho is actually about ten times more interesting than it seems at first because it's not about that whole 'well but what if I'm hallucinating?!' stuff that's so mind-boggling at age 13. no, the really interesting thing in American Psycho is solipsism. it basically discusses solipsism in a really interesting way and parodies it really well.

no idea what you're saying but yes its a great great film

in my recently watched favorites along with crank

Bug

7/10

Started out harmless enough and just spun out of control. Some fairly solid performances. Got a bit caricatured at the end. I also thought it should have been less obvious that they were crazy by the end of the movie. What kind of weirds me out is thinking about if all of the characters were real or not, or if it was all Ashley Judd's character's imagination. Will probably be more obvious one way or another on subsequent viewings, if I bother.

i don't mean to be redundant but i saw about 4 years ago a BBC (or maybe tvone) special called "crazy rulers of the world' that was a documentary by jon ronson going around talking to these actual guys, the goat staring dude as well as the hippy jedi guy (bridge's character). I highly recommend watching it, you can find it on most torrent search engines. I think Ewan Mcgregor is supposed to be Jon Ronson but someone in here said the main character has an american accent, Ronson is british.

downloading now. thanks for the recommendation.

you sure watch alot of BBC stuff. are you on thebox.bz? or something similar? uknova?

2012 - Holy shit that was a lol-fest. The pope got smashed by the Saint Peter's Church

4/10

the posters make me wanna hulksmash busstops

is john cusack the new nick cage?

downloading now. thanks for the recommendation.

you sure watch alot of BBC stuff. are you on thebox.bz? or something similar? uknova?

no but those sound like sites i should know about! i tried doing that hacker thing where i spoof my proxy server so the BBC website thinks i live in the UK, in theory i should be able to watch their iplayer with it but ive never gotten it to work. Although most of their older shows are not playable through it. let me know what you think of the Ronson special, if you enjoy 'Crazy Rulers' i would suggest moving on to 'Secret Rulers' , an examination of the anti-NWO movement. It covers a lot more ground, they break into the Bohemian Grove and get chased by unmarked cars at Bilderberg. Here is a clip -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzgbXJi4uv4

as for BBC stuff i'm mainly just into the documentaries like the stuff by Adam Curtis (power of nightmares, century of self) and Louie Theroux (the most hated family in america<---- highly recommended, louie spends a week with the insane 'god hates fag' church of the phelps family. The other british TV stuff i like isn't BBC, i don't think anything Ronson did was on the bbc actually. I think 'thick of it' is on bbc also

2012 - Holy shit that was a lol-fest. The pope got smashed by the Saint Peter's Church

4/10

they need to let Joe Dante take over the next emerich project, a mixture of Gremlins 2 over the top in-jokes with hyper CGI 300 million dollar destruction would = pure orgasm.

4/10

the posters make me wanna hulksmash busstops

is john cusack the new nick cage?

I talked to my friends about this on our way home from the cinema. He is absolutely one of the worst actors out there. I don't see why anyone would ever pick him for a movie. He did a great job in Being John Malkovich but except from that he is shit. Hot, steaming shit. But I think Hollywood likes him because he is your average-joe just like, say, Edward Norton who could be pretty much anyone, but they can shape him into being a fucked up neo-nazi in American History X or a weak, sleep deprived, lunatic in Fight Club. The only problem with John Cusack is that he always plays the same character.

the men who stare at goats

i walked out of this one. there was a point where i realized i had been staring at a light on the floor for at least ten minutes, not really paying attention to george clooney's wacky overacting, ewan macgregor's spotty accent or the total irrelevance of the entire fucking movie. so i got up and left. maybe it turned into something amazing, but i doubt it.

Ive only walked out of one movie and that was Ask the Dust... the worst, most tasteless, book to film adaptation I have ever laid eyes on.

Archived