IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thejacketloose

Look right I've seen this ace film. It doesn't matter who's in it or anything but, let me tell you, it's a fucking masterpiece.

Edward Cockburn is central, he has a miserable face throughout.

Pola X - ?/10 - Not sure what to think of this one ... I'm fairly certain it is due to my shallowness of Leos Carax, in fact, my backwards approach to his catalog. I saw his short in Tokyo first (which has some striking characteristic to this film... for example when Pierre is hobbling through the city streets, gun in hand, bursting though the groups of people) which I wasn't fond of then I saw this which was his last film before the short. I enjoyed the photography, the acting, and the amazing score... I enjoyed everything except the script which seemed just as lost as the protagonist. I wish his films were more readily available so I could get a grasp of the man. Interesting film... I just need to watch it a few more times.

Guest futuregirlfriend

I watched the Beverly Hills Cop films and Tango & Cash for the first time this week. Enjoyed them a lot. I've got all the Star Wars films here this week to watch for the first time, but tonight I'll be watching Cobra.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

been watching sliders the tv show on netflix play instant via the new PS3 thing. it never played in the UK i don't think so its new to me. great show. "I've found the gateway" lol. reminded me of quantum leap so i first up an episode of that (as i have fond memories) and that was pretty bad so back to sliders. its 90's bad but doesn't take itself as seriously as quantum leap. young den stockwell made me remember i just watched

BSG the plan 1/10

this was just really boring. 1 hour in i could have turned it off or fallen asleep. poor old eddie can't let it go. let it go eddie. let it go. his wife is the new character? first hotdog now this? the 1 star is for her ass (although it may have been a body double) in that lol sex scene with grunting simon. i missed the cock shot must have been tiny. did anything interesting happen in it? anything? the nudity felt very out of place throw in unnecessary.

been watching sliders the tv show on netflix play instant via the new PS3 thing. it never played in the UK i don't think so its new to me. great show. "I've found the gateway" lol. reminded me of quantum leap so i first up an episode of that (as i have fond memories) and that was pretty bad so back to sliders. its 90's bad but doesn't take itself as seriously as quantum leap. young den stockwell made me remember i just watched

BSG the plan 1/10

this was just really boring. 1 hour in i could have turned it off or fallen asleep. poor old eddie can't let it go. let it go eddie. let it go. his wife is the new character? first hotdog now this? the 1 star is for her ass (although it may have been a body double) in that lol sex scene with grunting simon. i missed the cock shot must have been tiny. did anything interesting happen in it? anything? the nudity felt very out of place throw in unnecessary.

isn't kari wuhrer the lead female in that series? i used to looooooooooove her. fap city.

Millers Crossing - 9/10 - Rewatched this after not seeing it for 4-5 years... this is the Coen's hidden masterpiece, I believe; the dialog alone sets it apart from just about any film out there and probably the most tasteful approach to the reinventing of noir that I have seen.

Those Leos Carax movies look interesting. Added to my watch-list. :)

Lo Scopone Scientifico - Brilliant Italian black comedy. 5/5

Tokyo senso sengo hiwa - Intriguing. 4/5, but I'll watch it again soon.

Paper Heart - 4/10.....some nice 'real' romantic moments between Michael Cera and Charlyne Yi but the funny was non-existent and the actor playing the director was annoying as fuck......felt like Michel Gondry's film work(with the exception of Eternal Sunshine), just as sappy with bad writing/improving and visual effects with extra cheese...Ms. Yi made me want to punch her in the face :wtf:

rewatched Nolan's The Prestige....i really think this is one of the best films in the past decade....i mean, i love everything about it, the actors did a great job (even Bowie's weak accent), the plot was nice and keeps you coming back to figure shit out, and love the dark brooding ambient soundtrack..

8.5/10

rewatched Nolan's The Prestige....i really think this is one of the best films in the past decade....i mean, i love everything about it, the actors did a great job (even Bowie's weak accent), the plot was nice and keeps you coming back to figure shit out, and love the dark brooding ambient soundtrack..

8.5/10

yes I must say I also enjoyed that movie, and it's implications. Also, it was quite sad, but the ending sequence seemed tacked on to me.

I really liked it too. The people who said the twist was too obvious were missing the point - the film's not really about the central mystery, it's more a story about ambition. Not unlike "There will be blood." On that level alone I think it's a huge success, and I don't normally like Nolan movies (his Batman movies are huge stinkbombs imo).

I really liked it too. The people who said the twist was too obvious were missing the point - the film's not really about the central mystery, it's more a story about ambition. Not unlike "There will be blood." On that level alone I think it's a huge success, and I don't normally like Nolan movies (his Batman movies are huge stinkbombs imo).

I'm not dissing the twist. The twist is somewhat irrelevant when everything else is accounted for because it is what you say. I meant the "happy shit". Meh.

tp_pfb.jpg

all of the episodes are on comcast on demand so ive been watching them again. a great, entertaining, intelligent tv show. a rarity to be sure... not sure how i feel about the remake coming up on amc. itll probably suck but ill give it a shot.

It will indeed suck...

What is up with several of the original's episodes....

went off track a bit and then the last episode is like an atomic bomb of esoterica....

beautiful show...

I will watch the remake as well....

but there is one Patrick McGoohan and there will only be one....

im not getting the premise of the remake from the previews. they make it look like ian mckellen is the only number two in the entire show. that would suck considering a new number two every show is half the fun...

Oh the liberties....

they could've at least tried to channel the ghost of McGoohan to get it right but no, they most likely relied on some ego-filled ass writers who thought they could make it 'better'....

this is one of those remakes that should have never made it passed suggestion...

maybe it will stand on its own as something cool, just influenced by something genius...

we'll see.... :dry:

Archived