IGNORED

Jega's 'Variance'|||

Atop

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think it's an ok cover

take Quaristice for example, without doubt one of the best albums of 2008, but with one of the worst covers of all time (this excludes the limited edition)

anyone else notice the JEGA font is the SEGA font?

i'm not entirely convinced

http://planet-mu.com/discography/ZIQ024

Fucking hell, you made me see the Pµ site again, with it's generic shit template bloggery buggery. Ugh. I loved the old design; one of the last holdouts of early 00 webdesign, before everything went all "2.0"

who honestly gives a fuck about jega?!@

seriously when he was first around i thought he was.... alright?!@ non-spectacular for sure. nothing that made me go "oh my god" and wet myself.

HAR HAR DID YOU NOTICE HIS NAME IS IN THE SEGA FONT?!@ WHAT A FUCKING MASTER OF WITTICISM!!@#

he's gotta be the official guns-n-roses/photek of the IDM world nowadays... i mean how long has this LP been in the pipeline?!@ it's like, i remember photek had to make sure every single snare hit was like vessel-of-god type righteous manifestations of the ultimate form of electronic music and then he got lost in perfectionism existing only in his own head, just like axl rose with chinese democracy, and like, the result is now this is really more of a joke than anything else.

honestly i can't remember anything by jega so i'll have to warez his LPs again and re-listen tehn come back and tell you why he sucks... but this is just kind of... eh. did the guy work at a supermarket whilst he was making his magna opus here, or like, is he so fucking artistic that whatever label is putting this out spotted him 100 grand a year to make sure that the world gets the full extent of his artistic vision?!@

who honestly gives a fuck about jega?!@

seriously when he was first around i thought he was.... alright?!@ non-spectacular for sure. nothing that made me go "oh my god" and wet myself.

HAR HAR DID YOU NOTICE HIS NAME IS IN THE SEGA FONT?!@ WHAT A FUCKING MASTER OF WITTICISM!!@#

he's gotta be the official guns-n-roses/photek of the IDM world nowadays... i mean how long has this LP been in the pipeline?!@ it's like, i remember photek had to make sure every single snare hit was like vessel-of-god type righteous manifestations of the ultimate form of electronic music and then he got lost in perfectionism existing only in his own head, just like axl rose with chinese democracy, and like, the result is now this is really more of a joke than anything else.

honestly i can't remember anything by jega so i'll have to warez his LPs again and re-listen tehn come back and tell you why he sucks... but this is just kind of... eh. did the guy work at a supermarket whilst he was making his magna opus here, or like, is he so fucking artistic that whatever label is putting this out spotted him 100 grand a year to make sure that the world gets the full extent of his artistic vision?!@

I seem to recall he does 3D modelling as a career...

well that makes sense then, cuz maybe the music was a side project and life picked up for him?!@

dont get me wrong i hope its a good LP i always want more good music in my world, i just dont get why it seems to be such a big deal

It's a big deal, because like WATMM (the site), Guns N' Roses, Duke Nukem, and the Phantom lapboard, it's a mythical, often-delayed or often-soon-to-be released thing, that, once it does finally get out, nobody will probably care about or for.

true... i spose jega actually made this LP legendary one way or another by getting all photek on it.

do you have any inside information as to why this took forever?! did he go perfectionist mental or what?

true... i spose jega actually made this LP legendary one way or another by getting all photek on it.

do you have any inside information as to why this took forever?! did he go perfectionist mental or what?

Dude, 'Geometry' is a perfect idm record, I will love it forever! 'Spectrum' has some great tracks on it and Jega is the reason Planet µ got started in the first place. Mr P loved his music so much that he wanted to start a label to just release Jega's music....

Yeah it has taken so long due to Mike P being so picky and Jega being a perfectionist and wanting to put some video work on the lp as well...

I don't think he is putting any visuals on this newest and hopefully last incarnation of 'Variance'...

Archived