IGNORED

pizza

Chris Moss Acid

Dr. Autechre's Count Chocula pizza looks like the worst thing ever conceived by man/machines, but I do like all their non-cereal pizzas so... I feel like I have to try it.  I just wish I could cook one slice rather than a full pie.  They should have a cereal that's 7/8ths pepperoni or whatever and 1/8th Count Chocula, as a desert slice.  And since it has the 7/8 thing going on they could call it Dr. Autechre's Venetian Snares pizza I guess.

17 hours ago, IDEM said:

Lol, do have ever anything other than Pizza, @Squee?

Yes, but having just bought a pizza oven leads to a LOT of pizza baking.

The only thing I'm struggling with right now is that the pizza simply puffs up way too much once I put it in the oven.

Screenshot 2020-06-08 at 10.51.10.jpg

Screenshot 2020-06-08 at 10.48.53.jpg

Hm, maybe change the dough recipe accordingly? Use less yeast or something? (Sorry, not an expert.) Or just sell it to people as some new kind of deep dish.

yea, my guess is you need to make the dough base thinner, stretch that shit untill you think you've gone a little bit too far.

Absolutely - I actually used a rolling pin on one of them just to see if I could make it thinner. Didn't do shit. It still looked like I pulled the Michelin guy out of the oven. 

• Haha 1

On 6/8/2020 at 1:52 AM, Squee said:

Yes, but having just bought a pizza oven leads to a LOT of pizza baking.

The only thing I'm struggling with right now is that the pizza simply puffs up way too much once I put it in the oven.

Screenshot 2020-06-08 at 10.51.10.jpg

Screenshot 2020-06-08 at 10.48.53.jpg

I don't see anything wrong with this.

• 3 weeks later...

So has pizza really fallen out of favour these last two weeks or what?  Granted, we left off on a pizza which had nothing wrong with it.  Perhaps that's where the thread should have reached its natural conclusion.  But I'm going to fuck that up right now, to say the Pizza Hut pizza I ordered last night was sub-par (that's Canadian for less-than-satisfactory).  There seemed to be more tomato sauce than normal, and I was really noticing how uncooked the green peppers were.  Furthermore, the grease was not interacting with the crust in the particular way which had delighted me before.  Did they forget the soybean oil spray?  Perhaps.  The cashier forgot my garlic dip, so god knows what else may have been forgotten.  Luckily I checked the box before driving home, so went back to claim it.  Unluckily, it wasn't enough to make the pizza enjoyable.  The cult movie I found to accompany it was surprisingly entertaining though - Get Crazy, with unexpected appearances by both Malcom McDowell and Lou Reed.  It was cheesy, but the charm mostly outweighed the cheese.  Possibly it's viewable for free on youtube.  Possibly.

• Like 2

I had pizza pockets the other day and they were less than satisfactory. Probably not an appropriate post in this thread but they had pizza in the title. Soo...

8 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

So has pizza really fallen out of favour these last two weeks or what?

Oh no no no, I've been making a bunch of pizzas. But I'm not gonna post any more photos until I'm satisfied with the result. Last time was pretty fucking close.

I've been thinking about building a little brick wood fired pizza oven for my small garden patch but I've concluded that I can't be arsed. My regular oven is half borked so homemade pizza is out of the question for now. Boo. 

9 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

So has pizza really fallen out of favour these last two weeks or what?

No, some dingnuts got the mother of all pizza ovens and took all the fun away for everyone else.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Is that Aleister Crowley after he put all the occult shit behind him?

Looks more like Yul Brynner having an epic shit before him (a couple of hours away).

• 2 weeks later...

Bought an Ooni 3 just before lockdown. Also bought a wooden peel, as the stainless steel one was too faffy. Takes a bit of getting used to the cooking, but haven't any any disasters since switching to wooden peel.

IMG_1852.JPG

• Like 5

7 hours ago, rev85 said:

Bought an Ooni 3 just before lockdown. Also bought a wooden peel, as the stainless steel one was too faffy. Takes a bit of getting used to the cooking, but haven't any any disasters since switching to wooden peel.

IMG_1852.JPG

Cool! May I ask where you get the pellets? And how long does it take to heat up?

• Like 1