IGNORED

Ae songs you dislike

Guest theSun

its really funny because I find that taste is different for Ae fans more than any other artist. Lots of WTF's in this thread but I'm not surprised at that either.

My list of bad tracks:

Bronchus2: Serious wtf. Even when I'm doing my full album re-runs I have difficulty not skipping this track.

Maetl: Just kinda trashy all around. The beat at the beginning for the first min is the only good part

Yulquen: Just not my thing.

Calbruc: Too repedetive although its short and leads into Recury so it sort of redeems itself. Great as far as flow goes but on its own its not so good.

Squeller: Just sounds a little gimmicky for some reason. I dunno.

Melve: Do I need to explain?

bnc Castl: If someone here likes this one, please for the love of god explain why

SonDeRe-ix: lol

Leterel: Not alot of work went into this one i think

Fermium: Too twitchy for its own good

I'm actually pleasantly surprised to not see Rettic AC in here yet.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i find it strange to see leterel mentioned a few times! i think it's one of the best tracks on tri repetae.. although tri repetae is generally a really great album!

SonDeRe-ix: lol

i don't actually mind this one, only because it makes me laugh. can't help but picture the evil pink elephant dudes from fantasia climbing a never ending stair case whenever i listen to this

i find it strange to see leterel mentioned a few times! i think it's one of the best tracks on tri repetae.. although tri repetae is generally a really great album!

the high pitch sounds in it give me a headache x.x

I'm actually pleasantly surprised to not see Rettic AC in here yet.

Same. Anyone who has given it more than one listen (ie gotten past the first 20 seconds) hopefully realizes the beauty in this amazing track

Yep, Rettic AC is awesome. Glad no one has said Perlence 3-36 isn't here as well, realised recently that that's probably one of my favourite autechre tracks at this stage.

I um... Love Bnc Castl.

I have my own little music video for it in my head too.

Because I'm a complete fag.

I might enter a couple of tunes I dislike in here later, maybe.

Glitch! Is shit!

Eutow

what. the. fuck.

Sure you're entitled to an opinion, but this better be one of those "it's just overhyped" kind of dislikes rather than full blown "unlistenable". Please explain yourself. Eutow is beauty.

Glitch! Is shit!

:wtf:

lol!

Also, @Dobalina - Regarding your opinion of Splitrmx, specifically Weissensee.. We're not cool anymore, just so you know.

bnc Castl: If someone here likes this one, please for the love of god explain why

Cos it's funny and fun - it's sort of like their counterpart to Aphex's "Logan Rock Witch".

Also there's actually a lot of interesting stuff going on in it, even though its initial appearance is quite cartoony.

maphive is a pretty interesting track... it's not my favorite of theirs, but it's a pretty stand alone post lp5 track... nothing else they've done sounds like this! as far as what tracks i dislike of theirs... chenc9-1dub and a handful of tracks from incunabula and amber (i'm a tri-repetae and on man)!

6.1 is beautiful Yek, it's like a Jazz band playing AE

maphive6.1 is definitely one of my favourites, along with parhelic triangle.

Guest ataraxy2

Maetl

Lost

Djarum

Cichli

Pule

Melve

Pen Expers (compared to the rest of Confield it's the weakest but it's not awful-awful)

Dial

Cap.IV

So far of what I've heard. I'm up to Draft 7.30 and need to give EP7/Peel Session 2 good listens through.

Also, @Dobalina - Regarding your opinion of Splitrmx, specifically Weissensee.. We're not cool anymore, just so you know.

lol, my bad, I actually gave splitrmx my first listen in ages and I'll admit that Wiessensee is a damn fine track... dunno why I had it in my head that I disliked this release so much. Drowning in a Sea isn't all that bad either, although it just plods along for 10 minutes without much of anything happening - probably the least rhythmically interesting track of theirs I can think of...

Anyway hope I'm still invited to your slumber party, especially since i've been down with this from day one:

Bouncy_Castle_1.jpg

Pen Expers (compared to the rest of Confield it's the weakest but it's not awful-awful)

Dial

Cap.IV

So far of what I've heard. I'm up to Draft 7.30 and need to give EP7/Peel Session 2 good listens through.

just checking are these the songs you don't like or just the ones you don't understand yet?

Guest ataraxy2

Dial

Cap.IV

just checking are these the songs you don't like or just the ones you don't understand yet?

"Ae songs you dislike"

lol, my bad, I actually gave splitrmx my first listen in ages and I'll admit that Wiessensee is a damn fine track... dunno why I had it in my head that I disliked this release so much. Drowning in a Sea isn't all that bad either, although it just plods along for 10 minutes without much of anything happening - probably the least rhythmically interesting track of theirs I can think of...

Anyway hope I'm still invited to your slumber party, especially since i've been down with this from day one:

Bouncy_Castle_1.jpg

I'm willing to retract my statement and formally invite you to said slumber party.

Perhaps you were getting confused with We R We why Q & A? I love Wiessensee, one of my favourite AE tracks for sure. That haunting melody at the end just gets me right there every time. I like Drowning as well, it had to grow on me but I like its decrepit gangster hip hop vibe it has going on. Really really slow building, but if I'm in the right mood I'm down with that! (ie Perlence Subrange 6-36 mood)

Archived