IGNORED

EP7 Appreciation

six

Recently listened to that Arovane live set from 2005, Portland @ Apotheke and man the entire set is like a love letter to EP7, great sounds for anyone wishing for more of this kinda stuff, even if the derivative-ness is a bit blatant. Arovane's pretty cool so I'll allow it.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

Recently listened to that Arovane live set from 2005, Portland @ Apotheke and man the entire set is like a love letter to EP7, great sounds for anyone wishing for more of this kinda stuff, even if the derivative-ness is a bit blatant. Arovane's pretty cool so I'll allow it.

link plz

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

i have that set and was also at the gig.  i'd only lived in portland a short time then. that place was great. they did regular electronic nights.. DJ and live stuff. i played there a couple times. i think it was the last ambient thing i did live. 

anway, the arovane set caught me off guard because of all the splintered percussion sounds. it was lush pads and sharp percussion. dope set. he did an encore. through broken english he had chats w/us and some friends. said he mostly liked riding his motorcycle around germany and being outside.  but all the stuff he played was very fresh sounding. he had a laptop, audio interface and one of the little doepfer pocket controllers w/knobs. he stood while he played and wasn't even looking at the laptop. had his eyes closed most of the time and was turning knobs and kinda spacing out. it was a rad set.  the venue flew him over for that gig and then he went home.. afaik. there were no other usa gigs as part of that which is pretty unusual. 

edit: tomorrow when i connect my computer to the RAID i'll dig out the set. can post it here somewhere if it isn't already around. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, exitonly said:

link plz

Could only find a couple excerpts on youtube. I can't remember where I got it but I strongly suspect it was someone here who shared a link. Perhaps even our friend @ignatius.

29 minutes ago, ignatius said:

i have that set and was also at the gig.  i'd only lived in portland a short time then. that place was great. they did regular electronic nights.. DJ and live stuff. i played there a couple times. i think it was the last ambient thing i did live. 

anway, the arovane set caught me off guard because of all the splintered percussion sounds. it was lush pads and sharp percussion. dope set. he did an encore. through broken english he had chats w/us and some friends. said he mostly liked riding his motorcycle around germany and being outside.  but all the stuff he played was very fresh sounding. he had a laptop, audio interface and one of the little doepfer pocket controllers w/knobs. he stood while he played and wasn't even looking at the laptop. had his eyes closed most of the time and was turning knobs and kinda spacing out. it was a rad set.  the venue flew him over for that gig and then he went home.. afaik. there were no other usa gigs as part of that which is pretty unusual. 

edit: tomorrow when i connect my computer to the RAID i'll dig out the set. can post it here somewhere if it isn't already around. 

You must certainly have been the one who brought it to my attention, maybe even shared it somewhere here already?