IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

because all this talk about "DEFINIETELY NOT AE" is so stupid and insulting toward Ae. I'm sorry, but have they thrown out 9 identical albums? Am I living in an alternate reality?

it's insulting to your own intelligence to assume that one is incapable of being able to tell if something is AE just because they don't have '9 identical albums'

i know what you mean but c'mon, he has a point... you just can't tell me that if around the time of confield/draft whatevs someone capable of time-travelling showed you a track like theswere (tho i think you like that one, don't you?) you'd have immediately gone like "aaah yeah, that's my boys!"

still i totally agree that fake doesn't sound like 'em at all, although i guess i should be quiet about these matters from now......

(still quite convinced about that incomplete one :P... at least one couldn't tell by the time... kk hush :facepalm: )

sounds like you haven't heard this supposed leak yet. it shouldn't take you very much energy to find the download in this thread.

if you call exposing something as a fake as arrogant, what do you call excitedly exclaiming 'im sure this is autechre guys it has to be' is it fair to call that incredibly stupid? i don't think its fair to label as either but lets be balanced here if we're going down that road

Edited by Awepittance

The only proof you might get that a leak is real is when bleep will rush its schedule to release the mp3/wav version of the album

for those who said you would surely buy the entire discography of whoever made this fake...

now is your chance -

it's a net label, so i reckon it will be free to download.. if known(1) is on there I will download [s27-035] Altered:Carbon - Altered:Carbon

from http://section27netlabel.blogspot.com/

aha most likely it will be, proper title is tinted corvettes, it's avail on their myspace player: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=513911751

GIEF

Edited by Fredd-E

for those who said you would surely buy the entire discography of whoever made this fake...

now is your chance -

it's a net label, so i reckon it will be free to download.. if known(1) is on there I will download [s27-035] Altered:Carbon - Altered:Carbon

from http://section27netlabel.blogspot.com/

aha most likely it will be, proper title is tinted corvettes, it's avail on their myspace player: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=513911751

GIEF

Check out also:

here

New Autechre album continues to haunt - more tonal than I ever thought it would be. Some tracks sound like Plaid. Really. #whoathere

its hard to imagine how a versions / plaid mashup would sound like

Edited by o00o

i really think if most people here heard these leaks in the form of a myspace page unsigned artist they wouldn't have the same impact

sad but true in my opinion

That being said I think people need to drop the hero worship and open their minds.

AFX RULES!

Also, I wish I could take advantage of aping artist's styles for promotion purposes but everything I do has my fucking stink all over it, and while the casual listener might not know it was me, they would know it wasn't who it was "supposed" to be.

When I say my "stink" I don't mean a lack of quality. I like my moosics. Fook off.

realise that autechre can sound like whatever they want.

It's not the point how they sound like. It's more like IQ test... 1, 1, 2, 3, 5 and Oversteps would be number 8

...or 3968, 63, 8, 3, 2

Edited by xox

i really think if most people here heard these leaks in the form of a myspace page unsigned artist they wouldn't have the same impact

i dunno, whatever the track is that was named krYlon in that fake is pretty fucking amazing, whoever wrote it. i for one will be downloading the fuck out of this album.

i dunno, whatever the track is that was named krYlon in that fake is pretty fucking amazing, whoever wrote it. i for one will be downloading the fuck out of this album.

oh no that's besides the point. He was just saying that the tracks ORIGINALLY wouldnt have gotten this kind of attention had it not been purported to be new AE. I can't judge it cuz i haven't heard, but i may d/l for shits if it's sounding good. ok i will. their plan worked apparently.

wow, so a whole lot of nothing happened yesterday huh? this thread is just like an autechre track itself. it has a repeating pattern that mutates and morphs slowly. im just going to assume the hi hats are represented by :facepalm: because there are a whole lot of them...

Well this going to sound selfish and entirely fucked up, but this Altered:Carbon "experiment" might have just fucked up our chances of actually hearing a proper leak any time soon. It's everywhere now (not on What.cd anymore though!). Hundreds of blogs are still hosting and/or linking out to it as its the real thing, despite there being suitable amounts of comments claiming its fake. Now, when Oversteps actually does come out or leaks, these "outlets" are going to be less concerned with sharing the real thing.

Good thing from an industry stand point, bad thing for those hoping to have the release sooner than later.

so this fake floated my way and I just listened to it. I am so so so disheartened that there was any expression of belief in it here. Come on guys. If you think autechre's album is going to start with evenly measured plinks surrounded by generic space noise, then I can't be sure what you're actually getting out of the real music.

Definitely this.

Guest the anonymous forumite

so this fake floated my way and I just listened to it. I am so so so disheartened that there was any expression of belief in it here. Come on guys. If you think autechre's album is going to start with evenly measured plinks surrounded by generic space noise, then I can't be sure what you're actually getting out of the real music.

Definitely this.

It's just that Autechre can be disapointing, and this is something most of you fanboys can't grasp. I've been dissapointed before by Untilted, even though it's a relatively good album. As I said before, when I heard the untilted leak, i COULDN'T believe it was Autechre. But then it was. So when I discovered this leak, I thought it was a bit disapointing but still good at times.

Now you're just contradicting yourself and no one can take you seriously.

Where is the contradiction ? I said I thought it was looking good (Ae albums are growers)even though I thought some aspects were dissapointing (production, the too simple beats).

So what, after the evidence, I should still be saying "I still think IT'S REEAALLL ! "??? Some tracks sounded Ae-ish to me, eventually they're fakes, what's the big deal kid ?

And I still enjoy Ilanders and StEpreo and Kilroy a lot.

Relax, it's just a record, just a message board and just you.

Edited by the anonymous forumite