IGNORED

Known (1)

Guest the anonymous forumite

Guest Calx Sherbet

Does anyone else find that this track has this 'crying from happiness' feel to it?

i thought it sounded like it was trying to hold back laughter

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nene multiple assgasms

it kind of reminds me of these two carl craig tracks from more songs about food and revolutionary art (awesome album, by the way).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest victorian sewer rituals

Why would you ruin music by trying to think about what it means and what other music it sounds like? Masochism or music - Choose your own adventure.

You think you knew/know what they know that you know what they knew when they knew that you knew what you think you knew when you know that you knew and they knew the new way of knowing what you know that they knew and knew that knowing they knew that you know how to grow a cactus that you knew you knew how to do and you knew that they know that you knew how to grow a cactus so you knew that they know about how you know about how knowing is negative-half the battle. :cat::cerious:

Oh and I love known(1)!

• 2 weeks later...

Why would you ruin music by trying to think about what it means

this is half the fun of tunes though, mang. Understanding what the artist is giving you, you know? I need to know what it means.

whenever i have this thread open i think it's my email and i get excited but then i discover it isn't and i don't have a new email :cry:

anyway, when i heard the leak for the first time, the high melody in this track was the first sign that it was undoubtedly autechre.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Apeofnaples

Fabulous track. Are people still hating on it? Playing it very loud right now and it's elegant and gritty as fuck. Nice to hear the Coil influence, actually reminds me of Soisong too.

Fabulous track. Are people still hating on it? Playing it very loud right now and it's elegant and gritty as fuck. Nice to hear the Coil influence, actually reminds me of Soisong too.

Yeah its definitely one of the better tracks i reckon, fabulous indeed!!!

Guest Randolph Carter

Personally, It's my favorite so far on the album (after only 2 listens that is). It's so quintessentially Ae. I don't know how anyone could not like this track. The screeching is THE point to the track. Even though I liked it at first listen it really took me listening to it walking to my car after dinner tonight to truly appreciate and understand the track. Before you jump down my throat and tell me there is nothing to understand about this track hold on. I have found after listening to Ae for over 16 years that setting/mood affects the way you perceive music. Point in case, tonight after dinner, while walking to my car and listening to Known(1) on MAXIMUM volume I found that the skyscrapers and the concrete were Known(1) (no, I wasn't high). How many times have you read about people's visualizations of a song or had your own "visions" about songs? Better yet how often do you get to "walk through" your visions? Happened to me tonight, thank you Ae.

Do you know what I mean?

I've found that a lot of music, not just Ae, is better/more understood under differing moods/circumstances.

So far I've found this album very introspective and tied to "place". Does that make sense?

Maybe yes, maybe no. Either way I think it was a great track and can't understand the hater comments. To each his own.

Guest Calx Sherbet

i sometimes feel the need to find a setting for a song. that can make it so much better, then it changes the way you hear it from then on

I would pay handsomely if someone could accurately reproduce this track on guitar. I mean the glitchy lead, not the background stuff.

How much? I think I could do it.

we could form a Autechre cover band,

I would love to!

Do you play an instrument?

I'm in Schwabing, near Münchner Freiheit.

Archived