IGNORED

Autechre March 2 Live Set rips

bubbhasdance

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes, just to confirm

autechre-webcast.jpg

The webcast has been split into single hour segments.

Torrent @ demonoid

Autechre – Webcast 2010

courtesy of your good man Bos Bos @ Bos Bos dot net

5th time lucky eh chaps? ;)

i've got a 50mbps download / 1.5mbps upload connection, so i should be able to seed this pretty nicely :p

Guest choco

Just to clarify, the 677mb recording was encoded to Mono, 128kbps, as one single .mp3. I assumed that the stream was Mono and either 56kbps / 96kbps, so didn't see the point in going for anything higher. The torrents are probably recorded Stereo, resulting in the larger file size.

Of course - split file or whole, big or small, torrent or direct link, go for whatever suits you best - you're all spoilt for choice! :mcgriff:

bubbhasdance - let us know if bos bos is better quality, if so worth a re-dl!

can anybody confirm already if that new bos bos torrent is more complete than the first one? meaning if it has those first twenty seconds? if so, i guess i'd just dl part 1 and edit both together for completion...

mad props to everyone who recorded this thing, of course! :)

can anybody confirm already if that new bos bos torrent is more complete than the first one? meaning if it has those first twenty seconds? if so, i guess i'd just dl part 1 and edit both together for completion...

i'm about to get it in a minute, shall post my findings

Just to clarify, the 677mb recording was encoded to Mono, 128kbps, as one single .mp3. I assumed that the stream was Mono and either 56kbps / 96kbps, so didn't see the point in going for anything higher. The torrents are probably recorded Stereo, resulting in the larger file size.

Of course - split file or whole, big or small, torrent or direct link, go for whatever suits you best - you're all spoilt for choice! :mcgriff:

the bos bos recording is louder than the 677mb recording. also the bos bos is at 96kbps, so i'm guessing that was actually from the stream? also means it's slightly smaller file size at 509mb.

the bos bos recording does indeed seem to have the missing 20 seconds, but it is at 96kbps and is louder than the other recording

oh and btw the first torrent seems to be off with the times in the doc file for about plus 5 minutes! so that version must be missing more than 30 seconds or is winamp fucking with me?

the bos bos recording is louder than the 677mb recording. also the bos bos is at 96kbps, so i'm guessing that was actually from the stream? also means it's slightly smaller file size at 509mb.

the bos bos recording does indeed seem to have the missing 20 seconds, but it is at 96kbps and is louder than the other recording

cool, thanks! guess i'll be getting it then... 1 gig was a bit much for that quality anyway

All of the above points have persuaded me to grab this version now, despite being split into hour chunks ...

All of the above points have persuaded me to grab this version now, despite being split into hour chunks ...

at first i would've preferred it as one mp3, but to be honest it's easier to digest in chunks

at first i would've preferred it as one mp3, but to be honest it's easier to digest in chunks

yeah, comparing that version with the tracklist's gonna be a bitch...

according to my collection so far:

(TMB) 1.16GB: 12:26:24 @ 224K

BosBos: 11@ 01:00:00 + 1 @ 01:24:21 = 12:24:21 @ 96k

Choco's recording: 12:20:08 @ 128k

I can upload TMB to depos!tfile but i'll take 5-6 hrs.

This also leads me to believe that it's from the source (or a direct stream capture), since the quaristice 12-hr show was also 96kbps / mono

according to my collection so far:

(TMB) 1.16GB: 12:26:24 @ 224K

BosBos: 11@ 01:00:00 + 1 @ 01:24:21 = 12:24:21 @ 96k

Choco's recording: 12:20:08 @ 128k

I can upload TMB to depos!tfile but i'll take 5-6 hrs.

hmmm that's certainly disconcerting :unsure:

Guest Enter a new display name

For any of you who have downloaded the whole torrent from The Pirate Bay, why don't you host the file on Google Docs? Their upload feature allows you to store files up to 1GB, there is no download limit and the download speed is guaranteed to be fast. That would be the most efficient way to share Autechre's broadcast recording, imo.

For any of you who have downloaded the whole torrent from The Pirate Bay, why don't you host the file on Google Docs? Their upload feature allows you to store files up to 1GB, there is no download limit and the download speed is guaranteed to be fast. That would be the most efficient way to share Autechre's broadcast recording, imo.

damn good idea. i should've realised this actually, but didn't due to the relative new-ness of Google Docs doing this

i think id actually prefer it in chunks too. id love to listen to that hip hop section that was around 8-9pm eastern that night and there is no way id hit the fast forward button to get through 7 hours of music. haha

Nice one, just used it and it works like a charm. It's just a shame that the way the split mp3s were encoded (bloody iTunes) you get a very tiny click at each hour when the files are then put back together again - but hell there's worse things to worry about in the world !

Archived