IGNORED

i'm sick of electronic music

brian trageskin

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pretty strong opinions Mr. Tregaskin for someone who continually brags on this forum about spending zero money on music.

It's like complaining about a McDonald's ketchup packet not being up to your standards.

I've spent more than a decade cleansing my mind, trying to get past

the idea that electronica suddenly

felt as though it was turning in circles

around the '98 mark.

thing is, I understand why anyone feeling like this wouldn't mention it,

cos it sounds unrealistic but feels real

at the same time.

recently been trying some modern

classical - johannsson, richter - and

some noise - Tim hecker, Ben frost -

& although it's sometimes satisfying

it doesn't seem to want to stretch

or redirect as dramatically as aphex

wanted and managed to in the 90s,

& I'd like stuff along these lines that

shows it possible to keep up the pace.

Guest Conor74

I just listened to this song 5 times in a row.

All it needs is a whistley bit and a Bob Sinclar makeover and it will sell BILLIONS.

Never get sick of the electronic. Get sick of phases. Like was into rave then couldn't listen to it for years. Liked electro when it came out, then that got formulaic. Minimal got boring pretty quickly (as if that wasn't predictable) etc. But still find that good electronic music keeps me coming back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSt_w2ODaQ

this always restores my faith in music, might work for you too

Oh and here's something very interesting, crap bitrate and chopped up sample cos i sort of know the guy and he'd be less than pleased if i just stuck it online intact, but imho definitely the best composer currently in britain. Anyway, the point is that not all electronic music has to fall neatly into the categories mentioned above.

• 7 months later...

I'm still listening to Electronic music* just not the pretentious rubbish that is coming out lately.

*(mainly from the 90's , like i said , the only e-music i have from the 2000's is Ceephax , RDJ , BMB and Plaid)

Listen to some of the shit Anticon pumps out. They always have something new and interesting. Tobacco's newest release was excellent.

I also listen to a lot of Clara Rockmore, Tchaikovsky, Fiery Furnaces, and Matthew Friedberger. Try some different genres.

I've never been sick of music. There's too much variety to get sick of it all.

Guest disparaissant

I've never been sick of music. There's too much variety to get sick of it all.

yeah this. i get sick of genres. never music, though.

I'm still listening to Electronic music* just not the pretentious rubbish that is coming out lately.

*(mainly from the 90's , like i said , the only e-music i have from the 2000's is Ceephax , RDJ , BMB and Plaid)

So basically you're like one of those rock fans who refuses to listen to anything post-1969.

Guest AcrossCanyons

lol @ not listening to anything post-2001. Just have a look around, there is so much incredible music (both old and new) around it makes my mind blow thinking about it. :fail:

tl;dr - spread your wings and fly away

actually i'm sick of most musics at the moment. it's like nothing can impress me anymore and i don't even want to be impressed, i don't feel the need to. the last autechre turns out to be shit in the end IMHO, cylob is dead, afx does nothing, electro and techno artists stick to what they know which is getting awfully boring, and so on... the only music i can listen to at the moment is my own, along with burzum and emperor. a little darkthrone too.

one thing that bores me to death is that most music nowadays is made for masses, or some kind of so-called underground elites. some people try to be original and they fail (imo), for the reason that they try to be original.

i don't want to listen to hip-hop, i don't want to listen to jazz, or shitty metal, or faggy pop-rock, or this or that and i'm sick and tired of electronic music. i'm having an overdose. i could listen to classical music though, and i definitely want to listen to more old black metal (recommendations are welcome btw) or death metal. the general consensus is fucking boring and this world is depressing me more and more each day (yeah that's my state of mind at the moment). what more can i say

Mate you need to broaden your horizons me thinks. Pretty obvious if you listen to the same stuff constantly you're gonna get bored. Just taking a breather in fact and not try to stress about it too much.

By the way, do you listen to any dubstep, garage, funky house, grime or dancehall?

Guest Calx Sherbet

I agree , i hate the direction Electronic music is taking.

Apart from RDJ stuff .BMB and Ceephax , i have no E-music that is post-2001.

all the albums the featured artists released post-2001 are pretentious?

So basically you're like one of those rock fans who refuses to listen to anything post-1969.

Yeah pretty much.

so your interest is only controlled by time period? wow

To your first question , yes (except RDJ)

My interests are not controlled by time periods , but the stuff i enjoy the most happens to be from a certain time period.

I'm enjoying myself , that's all that matters.

Archived