IGNORED

i'm sick of electronic music

brian trageskin

Guest Calx Sherbet

My interests are not controlled by time periods , but the stuff i enjoy the most happens to be from a certain time period.

well that's good at least.

To your first question , yes (except RDJ)

lol

it really blows my mind how much you love afx, yet not a single thing by Mr. Vibert

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol

it really blows my mind how much you love afx, yet not a single thing by Mr. Vibert

Eh, I'm in the same boat (Although I don't love AFX as much as Boxing Day).

Only song by Vibert I like is Funky Acid Stuff.

Guest Calx Sherbet

lol

Eh, I'm in the same boat (Although I don't love AFX as much as Boxing Day).

Only song by Vibert I like is Funky Acid Stuff.

but so much good acid! :sorcerer:

i don't need something complex and gay at the moment

You should continue to listen to your own farts... we'll listen to our complex and gay music :)

actually i'm sick of most musics at the moment. it's like nothing can impress me anymore and i don't even want to be impressed, i don't feel the need to. the last autechre turns out to be shit in the end IMHO, cylob is dead, afx does nothing, electro and techno artists stick to what they know which is getting awfully boring, and so on... the only music i can listen to at the moment is my own, along with burzum and emperor. a little darkthrone too.

one thing that bores me to death is that most music nowadays is made for masses, or some kind of so-called underground elites. some people try to be original and they fail (imo), for the reason that they try to be original.

i don't want to listen to hip-hop, i don't want to listen to jazz, or shitty metal, or faggy pop-rock, or this or that and i'm sick and tired of electronic music. i'm having an overdose. i could listen to classical music though, and i definitely want to listen to more old black metal (recommendations are welcome btw) or death metal. the general consensus is fucking boring and this world is depressing me more and more each day (yeah that's my state of mind at the moment). what more can i say

you are caught in a cycle that feeds back into itself, the more black metal you here the more emo you get, the less you like everything except that which validates your mood, and so you want to listen to more black metal.

I'm sure i could have put that better, but who gives a toss. you said this ages ago, and may have recanted at some point since then, in this thread. ;-] Also, listening to music is overrated. Making it on the otherhand, bliss.

Also, listening to music is overrated. Making it on the otherhand, bliss.

Agreeing with this. Maybe I'm just too full of myself, but I'd take making a track over listening to one any day, even if it turned out to be total poo.

• 2 weeks later...

Check out the new Furze-album. Fucked up psychedelic black metal.

i just checked out that band. they sound great! i like their total uninterest regarding technique :)

by the way, i'm back into electronic music. for example, this gives me hope in music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3rnRO9fYIg&feature=player_embedded

what a bunch of self absorbed crap

be happy you can hear

and lucky enough to have the time/money etc to listen to music at all

then

listen to rare funk /soul from 67-75

ethnic music from ALL THE OTHER COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD[folkways,lyrchord etc]

concrete

early electronic

the wide world of private press lps/cds

rare soundtracks

lounge/spce age esquivel /martin denny/les baxter arthur lyman etc

home made cassettes/micro releases on lp/7'

psych /acid rock from 67-73

et etc

its endless

don't be weak son

what does electronic mean anyway? like no electronic equipment used to create the sounds or to record them? 99% of "non" electronic music is recorded, mastered and arranged in and by computers

listen to rare funk /soul from 67-75

Recently got into some of this stuff after going to a rare funk/soul dance night, so much fun! :yeah:

what does electronic mean anyway? like no electronic equipment used to create the sounds or to record them? 99% of "non" electronic music is recorded, mastered and arranged in and by computers

I think you know the answer to this, don't be silly.

I think you know the answer to this, don't be silly.

i was talking about music produced with electronic instruments obviously

Archived