IGNORED

Getting into music that Isnt Richard D James???

CalumVaughan

Hey guys,

I have a little problem. I can't fucking stop listening to Aphex Twin. I know there is a lot of other talent in IDM, but I never know where to start. This just results in me listening to MORE Aphex Twin. I love his music, so thats not necessarily a bad thing, but I'd like to hear the rest of the talent out there. Can you guys please help recommend me some great Albums by other artists?

Thanks,

Calum

I know what you are talking about

try to listen to autechre even more you don't like them at first

It will soon replace your aphex addiction the more the longer you do it

same with boc

Guest Calx Sherbet

start with every other artist in the featured artists board, for starters. then check out the AI series, that'll get ya goin'

^ good suggestions

I'd like to add:

D'arcangelo :: broken toys' corner, eskel

Kettel - pretty much anything he's done

Mouse on Mars :: niun niggung, idiology, autoditacker, glam, instrumentals

Team Doyobi :: choose your own adventure, cryptoburners

..I could go on, but these should get you started!

Also, don't neglect our boys in the EKT forum; some fantastic artists have released tunes there. To mention a few - EOD, Wisp, Fluorescent Grey.

Thanks guys, I'll check out Some more autechre. The only idm I listen to other than aphex twin is boc and kettel.

autechre was the perfect post aphex addiction

you just don't get it as fast as aphex as they are using a unusual groove while aphex is mostly just breakbeat at different speeds

I think he's looking more into "supplements to" rather than "replacements for" Aphex..

As much filler/pisstakes as he puts out, he's still the fucking man! Hard to believe I've been listening to his stuff for 17 years now.. damn I'm old!

Guest Hanratty

Hey guys,

I have a little problem. I can't fucking stop listening to Aphex Twin. I know there is a lot of other talent in IDM, but I never know where to start. This just results in me listening to MORE Aphex Twin. I love his music, so thats not necessarily a bad thing, but I'd like to hear the rest of the talent out there. Can you guys please help recommend me some great Albums by other artists?

Thanks,

Calum

eh, ambient, hardcore, electro, drum n'bass - afx does all those & more. cant be that hard to find other things to listen to.

Guest Glass Plate

Quinoline Yellow, get into him before the new material is released.

Two other really good AFX replacements: Mu-ziq and Cylob. Almost any thing by either.

Why would you want to stop listening to Aphex Twin?

I don't. I just want to listen to something as well him.

I think he's looking more into "supplements to" rather than "replacements for" Aphex..

Exactly so :)

You'll never find any artist that sounds a lot like RDJ, he's too unique and enigmatic. And his material is too diverse and novel. It'd be like a Beatles fan trying to find a "similar" band: what's similar to both Hard Day's Night and Magical Mystery Tour? Same with RDJ...you won't quite find any artist that has a discography that sounds like SAWII and Analord and Drukqs.

But yeah, check out Rephlex, Warp, and Planet Mu in general, but also look at his DJ sets to get an idea of what he himself listens to. I believe no one mentioned Squarepusher yet, I'd check him out if you like RDJ's breakbeat mastery.

Archived