1. 1. Pick one.

• Aphex Twin/AFX...etc
    • Autechre
    • BOC
    • Cylob
    • Luke Vibert/Amen Andrews....etc
    • µ-Ziq
    • Plaid
    • The Black Dog (Yes, I made them separate so fucking what?)
    • Squarepusher

Autechre.

They are cohesive; they have a very defined aesthetic over a huge amount of output which is really mind boggling. What's more impressive is that 90% of that output is very impressive quality.

I'm not saying I like them the best out of these guys, but being immersed in Autechre's aesthetic world is a trip that any of the other dudes can never come close to. Aphex makes some of the best music around, and Squarepusher cranks out quality IDM, but Autechre are always going for something more abstract then everyone else and that lifetime spent trying to find that place I think would be fun.

If I had to pick an album to only listen to, it wouldn't be Autechre tho. Probably drukqs.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Coalbucket PI

Autechre, cause they've got a huge & varied catalogue and they are still released

edit: releasing

This thread is the first time I've heard anything about this Black Dog side project of Plaid's. I've never been much into Plaid, but their music was a perfect for that Tekkon Kinkreet movie. Is Black Dog much different from their usual?

I'd have to go with Ae if it were down to one choice. Aphex Twin would have been my answer back when he was still releasing, but Ae's still releasing exciting innovative music and isn't showing any signs of slowing down. They get nothing but respect from me.

I'm really looking forward to hearing where SP's headed after Just a Souvenir. That album really put Tom back on the map for me --if his next few are up to that level I may choose differently if asked a few years from now.

Guest disparaissant

y'all are not being very prudent. think about it, this is all you can listen to for the rest of your life. how many years could you spend making up lyrics for the random filter "voices" in formant potaton? cylob all the way.

y'all are not being very prudent. think about it, this is all you can listen to for the rest of your life. how many years could you spend making up lyrics for the random filter "voices" in formant potaton? cylob all the way.

Just to be clear. You can listen to anything else thats not on the list, all other music. You just have to pick one of these and discard the rest.

Guest disparaissant

Just to be clear. You can listen to anything else thats not on the list, all other music. You just have to pick one of these and discard the rest.

hurf i totally missed that. in that case, luke vibert.

Guest disparaissant

If I was only allowed listen to 1 artist for the rest of my life I think I'd prefer not to listen to music at all.

i agree.

i'd actually probably just jump off a building.

^This , i don't understand the AFX Fanboy hate on this site.

The site is call WATMM , for fuck sake the creator's username is fucking Joyrex.

Everything about this site smells like Aphex Twin (Hence all the fucking FANBOYS!!!! , like bees and pheromones.)

Fuck off if you complain about AFX fans.

afx.. what the hell did you expect?

The site is call WATMM , for fuck sake the creator's username is fucking Joyrex.

Everything about this site smells like Aphex Twin (Hence all the fucking FANBOYS!!!! , like bees and pheromones.)

I'mnot kidding when I say "Whats with all the fucking fanboys?". I mean if you listen around a bit it's clear why people picked Autechre or tBD.

I feel kinda bad that I didn't pick vibert cause I listen to him so much.

IMO, æ and BoC fanboys are not allowed to complain about AFX fanboys. :braindance:

Aphex Twin really has diversity in his discography unlike any of the other watmm artists (not to say they don't, but I feel AFX has variety both in style and emotion)... plus his best stuff is pretty much the best stuff ever! :aphexsign:

Archived