IGNORED

The Hobbit loses Guillermo Del Toro

Rubin Farr

How do you scroll over a film? I don't understand what you're planning on doing in the theaters.

edit: I'm not trying to be a smartass, just curious.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you scroll over a film? I don't understand what you're planning on doing in the theaters.

edit: I'm not trying to be a smartass, just curious.

Haha, I'd scroll through, like skipping annoying parts that make me feel awkward with this planet. So I know I can't do it in the cinema, but I might want to.

I hope this is rated PG so I can bring my kid.

Hobbit is one of my favorite books for its innocent feel. If they mess this up, and make it all adult and tough I'll be really pissed.

I hope this is rated PG so I can bring my kid.

Hobbit is one of my favorite books for its innocent feel. If they mess this up, and make it all adult and tough I'll be really pissed.

Its a very jovial book...lots of funny moments. Light-hearted adventure. How the fuck could you make a rabble of dwarves and a hobbit into something dark. It would be wrong.

PJ shooting in 3D?

Something wrong?

i would say more like something right, the technique he's using to shoot in 3d to my knowledge has never been done before on a full scale film. The only thing that i can really compare in modern cinema to what he's doing are the live action shots in Avatar, which i personally thought looked better 3dwise than the cgi stuff.

to me there is absolutely no point to making a 3d movie that's from a movie shot in 2d. It has completely watered down the potential of what 3d could be and lowered the bar.

i

Anyone else enjoy these production videos? I love the extensive documentaries that came with the extended editions of the LOTR trilogy. It's really interesting to see how much work is put into these movies and everyone seems really passionate about what they are doing and it shows in the end production.

these production videos are great. I think it just shows how humble PJ really is. He's hoping that by showing so much of the inner workings of his films that he will inspire a filmmaker like he was at an early age. As far as i can tell PJ doesn't let one trick go unexplained. It's like a paint by numbers on how every single aspect of these movies were done. An artist with a bigger ego would be at heart afraid to show this much about how a movie was made because in a way it would create a more equal playing field for all aspiring filmmakers out there. I think hollywood itself learned a lot for better or worse from watching those LOTR production videos.

these production videos are great. I think it just shows how humble PJ really is. He's hoping that by showing so much of the inner workings of his films that he will inspire a filmmaker like he was at an early age. As far as i can tell PJ doesn't let one trick go unexplained. It's like a paint by numbers on how every single aspect of these movies were done. An artist with a bigger ego would be at heart afraid to show this much about how a movie was made because in a way it would create a more equal playing field for all aspiring filmmakers out there. I think China itself learned a lot for better or worse from watching those LOTR production videos.

fix't :)

Archived