IGNORED

The Hobbit loses Guillermo Del Toro

Rubin Farr

haha yeah i think i liked rotk the best. though it's hard for me to say because that was by far my favorite book. and yes, tolkien definitely has a sort of old school imperialism in him, but at least the easterlings weren't weird space monsters like in 300.

has it been mention that ROTK has like 30 extra minutes in the directors cut? has anyone seen that?

also, i feel the need for this clip to be posted again:

[youtubehd]0OLGx2lGtOc[/youtubehd]

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha yeah i think i liked rotk the best. though it's hard for me to say because that was by far my favorite book. and yes, tolkien definitely has a sort of old school imperialism in him, but at least the easterlings weren't weird space monsters like in 300.

has it been mention that ROTK has like 30 extra minutes in the directors cut? has anyone seen that?

It's 50 minutes! It's over four hours long, haha. The best thing they added in the extended edition is Sauroman's death.

Someone should be guarding the editing room when Peter Jackson's movies are being edited and everytime he gets close to it a doorman should spray water at him and go 'NO! NO! Bad, Peter!'.

Guest ruiagnelo

Richard D James is making his debut in film making and kicked del toro's ass out of this production. That's why its taking so long to get a new album.

• 4 weeks later...

sounds awful, the Lovely bones was perhaps the worst thing PJ has ever done, he needs to move on to something he's written himself from scratch again, something fun and non hollywood bloat. The tone of the book the Hobbit is so drastically different from Lord of the Rings that i have no idea how hes going to pull off a bridge between the two film series

i have no idea how hes going to pull off a bridge between the two film series

probably through liberally interpreted flashback to bits of the silmarillion and unfinished tales, lol

i really hope they don't fuck up beorn and smaug, (which are the two things i can really see them making a complete hames of)

ha, yeah i'd much rather see a silmarillion movie, even though it would be like doing a movie off of the bible i could see PJ doing something very nice and psychedelically epic for it. The intro setup to Fellowship of the ring in particular i think was awesome and if there was an entire movie resembling that i wouldn't mind.

• 11 months later...

Richard D James is making his debut in film making and kicked del toro's ass out of this production. That's why its taking so long to get a new album.

85d7547e.jpg140x105.jpg

Archived