IGNORED

Autechre loud?

beerwolf

No not via headphones!

Who plays their mental shit real loud so the neighbours can hear?

My neighbours are real nice people, they kind of like me too, you know a chat over the garden fence and all that caper etc.

I wonder what they would think if I wacked on LCC real fucking loud! LoL.

Moral of the story is, every Autechre fan must own good headphones. Heheh.

Yes, I've played Autechre on our big system quite a few times at almost-full volume. And this isn't a weak system.

My neighbours are odd... though they probably think we're worse.

i like my hearing intact, thank you

All depends on the system, innit

I play mine fairly loud, especially when my downstairs neighbours are having one of their screaming matches :cisfor: She is going deaf and tends to shout a lot anyway... :biggrin:

When I was at uni we had fellow students living either side of us, used to crank it up proper loud, especially when we had house parties. Ahh... those were the days....

My next door neighbours would shit their pants and call the men in white coats if I played Grantz Graf at full wack one sunday afternoon. Just as they are about to bite into their freshly baked scones and sup on their milky tea, all of a sudden the sound of the apocalypse starts up! Lol Perhaps they would think a UFO was about to crash into their garden?

Second Peng killed one of my speakers, so yeah it must have been pretty loud. I try to make sure not to play anything for the neighbours to hear at high volume during most of the year so they don't complain when there's some event going on and the music is loud throughout the night.

Guest cuntainer

Surripere loud is the best AE track. Fact.

true story.

i'd have to say along with surripere, this would be my playlist if my stereo was way up:

lost

hub

nine

sublimit

splitrmx (both tracks)

zeiss contarex

drane2

treale

i'd also add some gescom to that list and depending on my mood others autechre songs as well.

I love blasting Autechre loud, how else are you gonna hear all the detailed textures in thier sounds as they reverberate the way they were meant to?

Guest Somethin

I love blasting Autechre loud, how else are you gonna hear all the detailed textures in thier sounds as they reverberate the way they were meant to?

how do you know how they were meant to "reverberate"?

Guest Somethin

Probably because the reverb in question is on the actual recording, but inaudible if you don't turn it up enough?

no

• 5 months later...

I nearly got evicted for playing the 2001 live Toronto set at top volume the other night. Apparently 3 people complained, including my douchebag neighbour who is always playing his bass loud late at night too. I play my music loud all the time and have never had a response like this! That's probably sayin something.

Great set - obv.

Guest Clipwave

I wonder if the frequency ranges on the tracks are what kills speakers at high volume, or just that you guys are turning it up so loud

Their mastering is usually not overly loud, but there are definitely bits that are intentionally quiet which you'd have to turn up - like the beginning of LP5. So my guess is yeah, Ae probably think it's a good idea to listen at loud volumes, but I think you'd lose a lot of the panning effects by playing it through speakers, unless you have a really good separated surround setup

I nearly got evicted for playing the 2001 live Toronto set at top volume the other night. Apparently 3 people complained, including my douchebag neighbour who is always playing his bass loud late at night too. I play my music loud all the time and have never had a response like this! That's probably sayin something.

Great set - obv.

They'd probably have preferred it if you played....

TRI REPETAE!!!!!

Great set - obv.

They'd probably have preferred it if you played....

TRI REPETAE!!!!!

:facepalm:

Archived