IGNORED

Brian Eno signs with WARP

Rubin Farr

i think they want an album that will actually sell quantity.

oh no he di'nt! :emotawesomepm9:

Then they'd better be damn sure about it because Eno has done some real duds!

i think they want an album that will actually sell quantity.

oh no he di'nt! :emotawesomepm9:

Then they'd better be damn sure about it because Eno has done some real duds!

TESTIFY!

Interesting - do you think WARP's trying to recapture it's electronic roots?

Perhaps, they have taken a slightly indie swing in recent years... it might be good for em to go back to roots.

OOOOOH!

That would kick ass if it was akin to his holy rock album quadrilogy....

but 'Another Day On Earth' is more of what I am expecting, which I enjoy...

but who knows with this madman... :emotawesomepm9:

I'm sure he still could deliver something as magnificent as Apollo or Ambient 4: On Land. I'm not too keen on the new gospel crap and the like though, is there any info available whether it's going to be in this vein or not?

Eno's made his mark but can someone please point me to something interesting that he's done since........erm........... :shrug:

.....oh didn't he do something on a FAX compilation not too long ago?

Some news...dont know how official

http://www.playgroundmag.net/noticia/13098

The recent rumours about the release in the near future of a new effort by Brian Eno on Warp Records have been confirmed, albeit with some nuances. While word had it that it would be a solo album, we now know it will be the work of three parties. Guitarist Leo Abrahams, who’s a regular collaborator of Eno (and Ed Harcourt, Nick Cave, Roxy Music and David Holmes among others), declared on his website that the album is forthcoming on Warp and that he’s playing on it. At the end of the entry he says: “Lastly, there’s an album out soon by Brian Eno, with myself and Jon Hopkins. It will be on Warp. It contains the fruits of several years of jams between the three of us. I’ve not heard anything quite like it — it sounds ‘live’ and ‘alien’ at the same time. Some things have been permitted to survive, which only Brian would have had the courage to let go, and it’s so much the better for it.”

Archived