IGNORED

Game of Thrones

data

...i remember in the books one of Tyrion's confessions was him ejaculated in someones soup, i get that you need cut stuff because of time but they should have kept at least two of tyrion's funny confessions.

I remember those lines from the 1st season, on the first trial in The Eyrie (had to google that up). Something about ejaculating in a turtle stew. A small change from the books?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ shit, i got the two confuse, sorry my mistake.

(i remember the book version was more excited, i'll read it later today and find out why)

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

I think bron is in the dungeon in chains. can't wait for him to be unchained

melody

Guest Pennywise

I thought that it was so fucking ridiculous that Tyrion's girlfriend said those things at the trial. I mean totally unbelievable. There's no way a person couldn't work out that he said those things for her own protection. Even if she didn't, why be such a cunt about it and try to get him killed. Just thought It was really really crap. Writing wise.

Guest Gary C

Yeah, I'm a little confused as to what's going on there. I assume it'll be explained in the next episode.

Presumably Cersei has leverage over her. She looked pretty grey and emaciated, maybe she's been tortured. But she didn't break down whilst coming out with that crap, though, so I don't know.

I can't imagine she didn't recognise that Tyrion was committing a necessary-evil in sending her away. He broke his promise to her, that they'd fight through King's Landing together, but she must recognise, now that he's about to be fucked, that he did it for the right reasons.

Very confusing. I can only assume it'll be explained in the next couple of eps.

Guest Pennywise

Yeah, I'm a little confused as to what's going on there. I assume it'll be explained in the next episode.

Presumably Cersei has leverage over her. She looked pretty grey and emaciated, maybe she's been tortured. But she didn't break down whilst coming out with that crap, though, so I don't know.

I can't imagine she didn't recognise that Tyrion was committing a necessary-evil in sending her away. He broke his promise to her, that they'd fight through King's Landing together, but she must recognise, now that he's about to be fucked, that he did it for the right reasons.

Very confusing. I can only assume it'll be explained in the next couple of eps.

If it's not, it's really bad, right?

Starting to see a few cracks in this show now

I dunno I think their just relying on the "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" angle. Tyrion rejected her out of his love for her, and calling her a whore and breaking her heart was the only way to keep her safe. Sadly it's backfired. I can imagine Cersei slitting her throat in front of him just to truly rub it in!

Guest Gary C

Towards the end of the scene, after she survived without breaking down or at least giving him a glimpse of her true understanding, i was left thinking that they've gone with the woman-scorned angle.

And yes, that will be very poor if that's it. I'm confident there will be some reason to it, though. But I can't fathom what Cersei has over her.

Anyway, isn't Shay already dead in the books by this point? I guess they're struggling to undo that and, yeah, she's got to die to resolve Tyrion's time in King's Landing.

Guest Gary C

Don't worry, I checked. She's not. I had it wrong.

Or, wait. Should I not say that either?

John Snow is a

seriously...

drag...

queen

Guest Pennywise

Shay Is built up as a loving caring character who has fallen for a dwarf because she doesn't care about looks. Call her a whore and she wants you dead.

Guest Pennywise

How do I stop getting updates about this thread?

pour a glass of piss over your head and shout 'fossetts framble!' until you pass out

My wife thinks cersai is going to kill herself shortly and the show does seem to be hinting at that with the way she is acting. BUT I think the show is misdirection us so when she does something awesome it'll be a shock. (Personally I think they are hinting it too much for it to actually be what happens.) My wife responds that GoT doesn't really do that and I couldn't think of an example either - can anyone else think of an example of the show leading us one way and then going another? and I don't mean pretending they are telling a hero story and then killing the hero, that is more genre based subverting.

read the rules

My wife thinks cersai is going to kill herself shortly and the show does seem to be hinting at that with the way she is acting. BUT I think the show is misdirection us so when she does something awesome it'll be a shock. (Personally I think they are hinting it too much for it to actually be what happens.) My wife responds that GoT doesn't really do that and I couldn't think of an example either - can anyone else think of an example of the show leading us one way and then going another? and I don't mean pretending they are telling a hero story and then killing the hero, that is more genre based subverting.

read the rules

if only the entire cast would also!

when Theon gave that speech at Winterfell?

I guess but it wasn't built up over time it was more of a quick lol

I really thought sansa was going to push them both out. hoped so anyway and then the kid follows his mom soon afterwards.

Baelish and his double-crossing adventures were pretty satisfying this time.

I'm really beginning to like Baelish to be honest. Yes, he is a bit of creep,but really he isn't so bad of a guy. He avenged his love, killed the second mad king, saved Sansa more than once. Maybe he has his flaws. Maybe he's a bit misogynistic, but hey he gets the job done.

next week: THE BOSS FIGHT

not 100% but i read somewhere next week it wasn't on

Archived