IGNORED

Game of Thrones

data

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Man, I kinda teared up when the guys defending the gate from the giant died, holy balls that was a good scene with all of them reciting their vows and drawing the swords. I was crushed when he was like 'and now their watch has ended'

Magnificent bastards :(

I thought that scene was great except for one thing. why were they stood so close to the gate? giant was about to bust through probably and crush them all instantly. stand back a few feet and when he busts through attack

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gary C

Just read this article on how and maybe why Tyrion and Shae's storylines deviated from the book and then awkwardly came full-circle.

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/game-of-thrones/30957/was-the-game-of-thrones-finale-right-to-stick-to-the-books

And I agree, it never sat right with me that Shae turned on Tyrion (in the trial) so quickly. And when I think about Tyrion's finale now, the writers totally did gloss over her motivations and, even though it was made to seem like self-defence, Tyrion murdering the woman he loved and 'hurt for her own good' is just stupid.

I guess the article's right; that bringing up his previous whore (a story told only in Series 1) might have been too much of a stretch.

But having Tywin kill Shae instead (something in which has been clearly intimated that he was willing to do) would have given Tyrion the motivation to avenge her death. And maybe make up for him having put her in that position. 'I fucked up but at least I'm going to kill this horrible bastard' sort of mentality.

Would anyone have been bothered if Tywin had been revealed to have had a little bit of Joffrey about him? Maybe having strung-up Shae in some BDSM torture device and having raped her to death? No, it would probably have worked better, showing that the Lannister's are totally depraved top-to-bottom.

Bah, it's fine I guess. As an audience we're all well aware that there aren't really any heroes (maybe only Arya at this point). Jaime had been built up as a hunky knight who was having his heart melted by the butch non-knight but then he raped his sister, so...

I guess we'll have to learn to love Tyrion again now that he's about to go into emo bad-boy mode.

emo-peter.jpeg

What the fuck did they do that to the hound for?! He never gets beat up by the Tarth WNBA player and that is certainly not how his story splits from Aria. They have chickened out of some really cool parts of the story and fucked up the story that I read.

Whatever, I still watch it for the boobs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

"There are four episodes on the screener. The leaked episodes are in 480p, which is equivalent to the quality of standard TV, and a digital watermark is blurred. The show is normally shown in 720p or 1080p through HBO."

LOL, fuck off what is this 2005? Nobody is gonna watch this shit in 480p (unless you are some out of it fool)

fuck i watched em all. this shits getting even better. donklage and jon sno are straight killin it and the whole arya/valar margoulis or whatever situation better get better fast, cuz that sweeping silently shit ain't cutting it- that's all i can say atm

dont read this if you havent read the books

it really makes me wonder whats going on with the sansa stark story line now that she is being presented to the boltons, that is just completely different to the books. the reek storyline that ties in with the fake ayra being wed to ramsay bolton must also be getting pretty mangled aswell. i guess this is how they will finish the show in the planned 4 seasons that are left.

I'm kind of disillusioned with the this now. The TV series has caught up to the books. That's a shame. I really believe Martin would have finished it all by now if the series had not been such a success and made him so much money. When your're rich, there's little to get motivated about.

I feel sorry for people who read the books because now it's kind of spoiled it all.

I'm kind of disillusioned with the this now. The TV series has caught up to the books. That's a shame. I really believe Martin would have finished it all by now if the series had not been such a success and made him so much money. When your're rich, there's little to get motivated about.

I feel sorry for people who read the books because now it's kind of spoiled it all.

He's a known lazy bastard and I am sure he would still be unfinished regardless if there was a show or not.

Archived