IGNORED

Game of Thrones

data

fuck this show. when is there going to be any hint of a payoff for the goodies. fuck this

i read all the books and im still waiting, to be honest i dont think there will be a happy ending, just an epic ending they will probably see a random character come on top.

i guess (I'm not a book wanker) that the concept is probably that Sansa or Ayra are going to be so 'street wise' after their Stark/honour upbringing that they'll reach the top and we'll be happy.

I still think the constant and cheap killing of good characters is pretty frustrating though. There are already so many characters that introducing good ones to just axe them seems pretty cruel and pointless.The Red Wedding was exceptional TV, but since then the trick hasn't worked as well.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Spoilers for OZ, I guess*

I could see this show ending up like Oz, where 2/3 through the series pretty much every interesting character is dead and we're left with about a bunch of underdeveloped, uninteresting replacements.

I was so disappointed by the Mountain, in the books he is a terrifying presence but in this he's just a lumbering fattie, they cast a bloke for being big and that's it, I've found Big Show more threatening.

Gf hates GoT and refers to it as Chronicle of Enchanted Stories. When I told her I was upset about one of the best characters dying a horrible death, she replied, "don't worry, I'm sure he'll come back as a unicorn." I have a bad feeling this is what Martin is planning for us.

fuck this show. when is there going to be any hint of a payoff for the goodies. fuck this

i read all the books and im still waiting, to be honest i dont think there will be a happy ending, just an epic ending they will probably see a random character come on top.

In the War of the Roses Henry Tudor more or less came out of nowhere.

There was talk about the show having some differences from the books and I thought Oberyn's death would be one of them as I thought he was a such juicy character to get rid of so quick. I dunno how much it would have changed the plot from there though.

There was talk about the show having some differences from the books and I thought Oberyn's death would be one of them as I thought he was a such juicy character to get rid of so quick. I dunno how much it would have changed the plot from there though.

Nah, he is a great character in the book, but he doesn't last very long thru the 3rd book. I didn't want to watch the episode because I knew what was going to happen and in the book it was pretty brutal. On TV, even more brutal. It wasn't so much the imagery of the splat, it was the scream before it, you can fake blood and guts, but that scream was real and bloodcurdling! Arya's lol moment was cute as hell, she's crazier than a bag of cats and only gets better.

Am I the only one who loves Tyrion and Jamies relationship in the show? In the books they are very chumly, but those two actors seem to really like working with each-other and it makes for really amazing chemistry.

Oh and just a word from someone who's read the books, they are skipping around plot-wise. Some of the scenes were from the 3rd book and some were from the 5th book. Weird, but whatever, I'm excited to see how this goes.

That HEAD A SPLODE. My god! What a great episode, and fight scene!

tyrion's bug speech was odd. and jamie mentioned the cousin he killed too. killed with a stone like a bug. connection? Was it just about Tyrion's lust for knowledge whereas Jamie didn't care. It was such a long scene too, is why I feel I missed something. Maybe Tyrion was imploring Jamie to care about little things (him)?

headsplat was a pretty shocking ending even for GoT

Other than as a strange kind of "Why? Why all this?" talk, I felt like it was mainly a way to defuse the gravity of facing nearly certain death, and reference the brothers' past, a strange form of juxtaposition. It really reminded me of the scene in the church in saving private ryan, where that guy (good actor) talks about how he pretended to be asleep when his mother came home from work, and he couldn't say why.

In the War of the Roses Henry Tudor more or less came out of nowhere.

interesting

i cant see denerys sitting in the iron throne, i think she'll die in Essos. Probably the king when the books end will be aegon with a dornish queen.

Caught up last night. To prevent the splattered goo of what was Oberyn visage being the last visual before turning off the tv I rewound to watch Arya's laugh again. That moment really sums ups how I feel as an audience member at this point.

That HEAD A SPLODE. My god! What a great episode, and fight scene!

tyrion's bug speech was odd. and jamie mentioned the cousin he killed too. killed with a stone like a bug. connection? Was it just about Tyrion's lust for knowledge whereas Jamie didn't care. It was such a long scene too, is why I feel I missed something. Maybe Tyrion was imploring Jamie to care about little things (him)?

headsplat was a pretty shocking ending even for GoT

Other than as a strange kind of "Why? Why all this?" talk, I felt like it was mainly a way to defuse the gravity of facing nearly certain death, and reference the brothers' past, a strange form of juxtaposition. It really reminded me of the scene in the church in saving private ryan, where that guy (good actor) talks about how he pretended to be asleep when his mother came home from work, and he couldn't say why.

You're kinda missing the point. Jamie makes some remark about how he'd consider Tyrion to have sympathy for the simple minded, given his own condition, to which Tyrion greatly replies "Ofcourse not. Laughing at the misery of others was the only thing that made me able to connect to other people." The comparison by Jaime pairs simpleton cousin and Tyrion together (in the mind of the daft observer). However, Tyrion deviates from Simpleton in the following: Simpleton cousin just killed bugs for .. well, for just because you can, and it probably feels good to some people to make stuff death (death is a part of life etc.) Tyrion does this long story about how he doesn't know why (*kunk**kunk**kunk*), but he doesn't know the essence of the difference in the following: he lets the bug life. Really small but great gesture which shows that beneath all that brewing hatred and guilt there's a strong lion heart who cares more for the living than for the dead.. or at least more than his Simpleton cousin.

While writing this I realized that this too is foreshadowing.

I hope they bring in some ineresting characters pretty soon, Oberyn was the only with some flair dammit. Getting bored with the rest. Well, not Ygritte. Nor Tyrion.

Archived