Guest Shit Attack

i dont consider ive really seen a film unless i saw it at the cinema. its much different than watching one at home. films just seem like long tv shows at home . maybe am wrong though who cares

Just popped in (no reading of any posts) to say I can't fucking wait to see this.

I have purposly avoided anything Prometheus for the last 3 weeks or so, and it was a wise move as I am again amped and itching with excitement. I was finding constant bombarbment of info was dulling the edge of eagerness.

I'll post back on Sunday morning with hopefully a big fat score out of 10!!!i

Guest sirch

this looks awesome. i don't go to the cinema very often because they're so uncomfortable i just want to leave after an hour usually.

s'why i only ever go when there's something on that's worth watching and sitting there like sardines in a tin for 3 hours. like this.

i dont consider ive really seen a film unless i saw it at the cinema. its much different than watching one at home. films just seem like long tv shows at home . maybe am wrong though who cares

i've always thought cinemas/ movie theaters should have a 'class system', lol.. for want of a better term! like you have on planes and trains. if you want a more comfortable, clean seat, where you can stretch out and not be uncomfortable or squashed in next to some random stranger, then just pay a bit extra for the first class area!

they should also have a smoking area as well.

why the fuck can't they do that?? in this day and age!

fuck cinemas, really. they're so uncomfortable i can never enjoy the film. when i was a kid yeah it was fine cos i was a lot smaller.

but now i'd rather just wait til a film comes out on DVD, than pay to sit in a cinema.

/rant

:smile:

this looks awesome. i don't go to the cinema very often because they're so uncomfortable i just want to leave after an hour usually.

s'why i only ever go when there's something on that's worth watching and sitting there like sardines in a tin for 3 hours. like this.

i've always thought cinemas/ movie theaters should have a 'class system', lol.. for want of a better term! like you have on planes and trains. if you want a more comfortable, clean seat, where you can stretch out and not be uncomfortable or squashed in next to some random stranger, then just pay a bit extra for the first class area!

fuck cinemas, really. they're so uncomfortable i can never enjoy the film. when i was a kid yeah it was fine cos i was a lot smaller.

but now i'd rather just wait til a film comes out on DVD, than pay to sit in a cinema.

/rant

Try going to Cineworld instead of UCI/Odeon its like comparing Pizza Express to Macdonalds.

Guest sirch

/rant

Try going to Cineworld instead of UCI/Odeon its like comparing Pizza Express to Macdonalds.

i think it's actually a cineworld that's the local one down here... i can't remember tho it's been so long since i saw a film there last!

there's a Showcase - Cinema de Lux here... sounds really fancy

i've only been to the independents ( :cool: ....... :mu-ziq: ) in town but the screens are bit..medium rather than big, so i'll be trying out the De Lux stuff for this, i reckon..

edit: such stupid edits

Edited by tauboo

Just popped in (no reading of any posts) to say I can't fucking wait to see this.

I have purposly avoided anything Prometheus for the last 3 weeks or so, and it was a wise move as I am again amped and itching with excitement. I was finding constant bombarbment of info was dulling the edge of eagerness.

I'll post back on Sunday morning with hopefully a big fat score out of 10!!!i

PS going to Imax Waterloo. Hell Yeah!!!

wiki for the film spills the entire plot.

wiki always does it. I am very very careful looking up summaries there as mostly everything is spoiled in all details possible without warning

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

The Overlook is just reading the reviews of his own relentless pessimism.

This review seems to have similar perspective/expectations as mine. I'm pretty pleased. Of course people will be comparing this to the Alien films, oh well. To me it sounds like an entertaining sci-fiction action flick with some meat on the bone in terms of writing. But it also might ask more questions than answer, which is why people are anticipating a sequel already.

The thing about Prometheus is that it is the first true Science Fiction movie from a major studio in years. i know that a lot of movies are positioned as sci-fi. But watching Prometheus, I felt like science and fiction were pushing me, as an audience member, to think about the ideas being presented in a fairly complex way. This was not, as Alien itself was, a genre film of a different sort with sci-fi elements superimposed on top of it (brilliantly, in that case). This film is about ideas. This film is about whether there is a greater meaning in the tradition of the first Planet of the Apes, early Trek, Soylent Green, Serling, Matheson, Bradbury, and others.

Is this the best film of that tradition that I’ve ever seen? No. Scott & Co. were doing other things as well and, no doubt, the epic scale and visual intensity got in the way of some of that exploration. As Serling and the rest showed us, you don’t need a big budget or great special effects to discuss ideas. On the other hand, I think – and I’ve only seen the film once – there is a lot in the unvoiced parts of this film that can be and will be mined for depth… not spoon-fed so that you walk out of the theater with The Answer.

I felt Prometheus. It’s not another version of Alien or Aliens or Alien 3. I guess this is why Scott was so serious about this not being positioned as a prequel. In many ways, this is closer spiritually, in Scott’s filmmography, to 1492 or Gladiator or the director’s cut of Kingdom of Heaven than to Alien. Seemingly earned arrogance is broken down, the hero gains insight into how their world was prioritized, they struggle on. Many different perspectives are represented on that ship without the crew sitting around a table arguing their views. And personally, I prefer that.

Are there the scares of Alien? Not too many. It’s an action movie this time, not a slasher movie. No cats making the audience scream.

Is there a new creature as exciting as The Alien in this film? No, not really. It’s not about that. (Though there are new, cool alien forms.)

And by the way… any talk of this being PG-13 was just publicity working overtime. There is no f-ing way this movie was ever going out as anything less than an R.

I found Prometheus to be a fresh, new, and visceral movie experience. Every bit of goo was fun. Every stupid move made by characters – which we know is stupid from knowing the previous films – was fun. I enjoyed seeing what every character with a name was going through and how the sequences manifested themselves. And there is still that bit of Hitchcockian anticipation in the film, as small seeds are inevitably going to lead somewhere familiar. But as my dad used to say, it’s not the situation, but how you react to it. And here, we have a group of new characters whose choices are not predictable.

I expect some critics to be very hard on the film. They seem to expect the Second Coming. But while they may have found The Avengers or whatever easier to swallow, there are things in Prometheus that will sustain audiences, not just offer that sugar high. (Hulk SMASH!) And when the questions about what isn’t in Prometheus are given voice, I will ask the question without irony, “Are you sure that what you think you want would satisfy you or make for a better movie?” I can’t say that I know the true answer to that question. But I am pretty sure that no one else will really know that answer about this film in the first hours after walking out of the theater.

Not only is Prometheus the best film of the summer so far, but I don’t anticipate anything but The Dark Knight Rises being able to challenge it for quality before the end of this summer. I’m really looking forward to the sheer joys of Brave and The Amazing Spider-Man and Ted, and others. But amongst movies that work for thrill-seekers and people who want to think and audiences that just want to be entertained, Prometheus hits to all fields. If you love movies, Prometheus has to be a part of your vocabulary this summer and for years to come.

http://moviecitynews.com/2012/05/review-prometheus-spoiler-free/

Guest zaphod

it sounds like a very confused film. different types of alien life, convoluted plot. i'm not sure about this...

It's apparently a slow burn that picks up towards the end. And there is very little Alien in it and could stand on its own and that's the reason none of the promo explicitly said it was an Alien prequel. People thinking this is a genesis story to Alien will obviously be disappointed but it never was meant to be. Will probably watch it sometime next week.

I suppose with the level of excitement/expectation, this was bound to disappoint. I'm steering clear of the reviews for spoilers, but I've been hearing about the mixed opinions.

Looking forward to seeing this regardless, as at least it will be visually beautiful even if it doesn't live up to its promise plot-wise.

I'm happy I haven't been spoiled yet, "Snape kills Dumbledore!" style. Look forward to seeing it with a fresh mind and eyeballs. I'm sure it'll still be full on senile-Ridley style, but have pretty picshurs.

I'm happy I haven't been spoiled yet, "Snape kills Dumbledore!" style.

And yet you don't spoiler-alert that shit!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, you bitch! You bitch!