OK, just read the Wiki, and while it is unknown what happens to Shaw (she's apparently in the film), Michael Fassbender (David) is playing dual roles as David and another, newer android that accompanies the new crew of the Covenant.

I wouldn't be suprised if this whole David/Shaw arrival sequence will be at the end of the Covenant movie as a bridge to the third one. Noomi Rapace is mentioned in uncredited section of the IMDB cast.

tbh..

of course I was going to watch this at a theater if only for the lols but actually overthinking this rn.

wtf is this even

So, let's talk about this:

In the video, Shaw is put into cryosleep by David, and they finally arrive on the Engineer's homeworld - so Covenant picks up where? Does David return to Earth and then set out with the new crew?

What happens to Shaw?

She is momma alien there papa. Seems to be pretty good consensus in circles. Like I said, David wanted a mate & set out to create his ideal one.

548974759.jpg

OK, just read the Wiki, and while it is unknown what happens to Shaw (she's apparently in the film), Michael Fassbender (David) is playing dual roles as David and another, newer android that accompanies the new crew of the Covenant.

I wouldn't be suprised if this whole David/Shaw arrival sequence will be at the end of the Covenant movie as a bridge to the third one. Noomi Rapace is mentioned in uncredited section of the IMDB cast.

Yeah, I never heard that she was confirmed to be in Covenant, but that she did film some scenes for the movie. After that last trailer, I assume that was probably the bulk or all of anything she has to do with Covenant. But I'm obviously guessing.

That trailer though, I don't understand wtf Fox is doing with the marketing for this.

I've only seen it 29 times.

Covenant looks decent. Casting Danny McBride is kind of an odd choice, though, and is a bit off-putting.

Anyone watch that four hour Derelict fan project couple of years ago? I found the avi file the other day but have never seen it. Its a black and white crossover of Alien and Prometheus.

I'd like to see some exposition about how this galaxy functions, govt, what alien races are known, etc. It's been surprisingly amorphous in detail over the past 38 years, I think only the comics have really provided any background detail that wasn't specifically related to a shipful of humans being slaughtered repeatedly.

which is exactly what they're doing tho.. feels like every how and why gets an answer in its own bullshit origin story.. down to the androids powered by fucking AMD chips. A polished & agreeable franchise platform able to host marketing partners & generate countless spinoffs designed by a committee of art directors saying AWESOME all day every day.

I'd like to see some exposition about how this galaxy functions, govt, what alien races are known, etc. It's been surprisingly amorphous in detail over the past 38 years, I think only the comics have really provided any background detail that wasn't specifically related to a shipful of humans being slaughtered repeatedly.

but the background detail is already given. so far David is the "link" between engineers and humans. and that's about it lol. sigh.

Fuck this shit, it's like making a 12 angry men prequel detailing the manufacturing of the knife.

Fuck this shit, it's like making a 12 angry men prequel detailing the manufacturing of the knife.

oooh. that'd be gooood...

Who is Ripley's daughter's father? What if Hicks and Kyle Reese are the same character and and Ripley's daughter is John Connor's Brother and defeating Skynet guarantees the rise of the xenomorphs?

Who cares. You're all gonna go watch at the cinema anyway. An Alien film without Ripley isn't an Alien film in my opinion. 

That aside, all i care about is the fact that we're gonna see some H R Giger work on the big screen again. Those new stills of the xenomorphs looks pretty incredible : )

Who is Ripley's daughter's father? What if Hicks and Kyle Reese are the same character and and Ripley's daughter is John Connor's Brother and defeating Skynet guarantees the rise of the xenomorphs?

Don't fucking start with that shit. There have already been Robocop vs Terminator vs Aliens vs Predator vs Chucky vs Freddy vs Michael vs Jason vs Wayne Gayle comics

I really do hope that it's David wiping out all humans and engineers and leaving planets infested with giant hordes of xenomorphs, smiling at his work, then going back to dribbling a basketball aboard a ship cruising through the galaxies.