maybe there will be a crazy twist where NO ONE in this movie dies and they just have a fantastic barbecue?

hope not! i want everybody to diieeeee  :rhubear2: 

tbh..

of course I was going to watch this at a theater if only for the lols but actually overthinking this rn.

wtf is this even

Can we bet on who will die first? Some another proffesional scientist giving a hand to a cute little alien life form?

a redshirt will die first, of course

where are the 12 ft ripped white bald aliens? They were interesting. Im kind of tired of the fucking "Alien"

The toy franchise in the 90s had some cool ones that weren't the regular ol' alien. Would be interesting to see some of those make themselves into a movie at some point.

The original concept for the alien in Alien 3 was supposed to be crossed with a bison, but became a dog eventually.

fuck the Alien. In all forms. It is tired. Saying this as a huge massive fan of the original 1979 version.

Edited by marf

where are the 12 ft ripped white bald aliens? They were interesting. Im kind of tired of the fucking "Alien"

The toy franchise in the 90s had some cool ones that weren't the regular ol' alien. Would be interesting to see some of those make themselves into a movie at some point.

The original concept for the alien in Alien 3 was supposed to be crossed with a bison, but became a dog eventually.

The big cow is the host in the director's cut of Alien 3. As probably already discussed before, it is a better film.

Getting more exited thanks to these last bunch of clips. Still a lot of mindgames though. In the sense that the actual movie might be really different to what we get to see. Almost certain it wont be a kind of blairwich project, as some of these 'self shot' low quality clips seem to suggest. But who knows...

Anywho, no reason to speculate any more. I'm just happy with the sense of continuity with respect to the first prometheus thats being given. Although that might be completely missing from the actual movie. (Which wouldnt surprise me)

I wouldn't count on these released clips being in the film, some US studios (like WB and Fox) have adopted a new tactic of releasing DVD extras online before the film is released, both to drum up interest in ticket sales, and provide fans with footage that will not be shown in the theatrical release, to abate their fears of what won't be shown that they might have already heard about, or to battle negative pre-release press.

Batman v Superman did the same thing, releasing that clip of Lex Luthor and Steppenwolf that was nowhere to be seen in the 3 hour film, but did indicate to DC fans that they were indeed on a course to have the Justice League face off against Darkseid eventually.

I think the Alien footage with Shaw might be included in the film, but maybe not.  Fox probly wants to reinforce that yes, this is a sequel to Prometheus for fans who enjoyed that film, but they also renamed this film from "Paradise" to "Alien Covenant" to regain Alien fans that were put off by Prometheus' lack of direct links to the franchise.  the Blair Witch type stuff is definitely extra fluff that Ridley probly shot and then changed his mind about later, I bet he shot a LOT of extra footage that was too lengthy to fit into the running time and budget he was given.

*On a side note, at the Alien Day event, Fox reiterated that these films will now be a prequel trilogy, not 4 films as originally stated by Ridley, which he seemed to also confirm when he talked about the sequel / prequel to Covenant, whatever that film will be, a few months ago.

tbh..

of course I was going to watch this at a theater if only for the lols but actually overthinking this rn.

wtf is this even

So, let's talk about this:

In the video, Shaw is put into cryosleep by David, and they finally arrive on the Engineer's homeworld - so Covenant picks up where? Does David return to Earth and then set out with the new crew?

What happens to Shaw?

OK, just read the Wiki, and while it is unknown what happens to Shaw (she's apparently in the film), Michael Fassbender (David) is playing dual roles as David and another, newer android that accompanies the new crew of the Covenant.

David is differentiated from Walter by having long, grown out hair, so David's attack on the Engineer homeworld (if that is indeed what happens) happened some years before (maybe 3-5 years after Prometheus judging by the length of Shaw's hair).  The Covenant arrives some 10 years after the end of Prometheus.

And yeah David is the mysterious character in the hooded robe the Covenant crew encounters