was there not that Blomkamp film with Die Antwoord also?

i will watch every alien film in the most expensive format and then complain about them online relentlessly until i expire

subscribed.

Cabin in the Woods too. she's played a few villains.

Yeah, like I said a few but not too many, was she really the villain in Cabin though, I mean she was like the head scientist right?  That movie is great though.  I hope she gets to play Ripley again someday.

more negative reviews:

Alien: Covenant is déjà vu all over again. The sequel to Prometheus and sixth film in the franchise is a straight rehash of the same damn story. We do get more regarding the savage creatures origins, but its two hours of banal predictability apart from that. I was sincerely hoping that Ridley Scott would offer something new. There isn't. Alien Covenant is textbook in every way. It has a great production value, definitely well made, but utterly lacks creativity.

Covenant will disappoint fans, but may get a passing grade from neophytes. If you've never seen an Alien film, or just had a glancing familiarity, Covenant should entertain. There's no weight of expectation. Creatures bursting through chests is a new experience to enjoy. For the diehards that know the franchise back and forth, you've sailed these waters before. From Twentieth Century Fox and Scott Free Films, Alien Covenant is a huge letdown. Sigh.

Alien: Covenant—the latest entry in the decreasingly entertaining series centered on doomed spacecrafts—sees original director Ridley Scott returning to insist the complicated mythology he established in 2012’s maligned Prometheus was actually building to something substantial.

Doomed is right.

It’s becoming harder and harder to see the appeal of additional Alien instalments. Scott has teased two further prequels that would theoretically tie in with the beginning of his 1979 classic. I can’t lie to you about their chances of being good, but viewers have my sympathies.

I'm not really into cars, but you can't help but admire the beauty of something so perfect.

Zizek would totally write a book about that.. the nostalgic, old Alien fandom vs the new marketing driven fandom