well... it's just very mediocre.

more than being annoyed at the lack of explanations/coherence I was bothered by how much I just didn't care about anything that was happening. jump scares were about the only well executed thing imo.

I noticed your gml Gordo, I flol'd.....you are great sport.

I am going to see it again in IMAX 3D on Mon or Tues.

Sorry Jimmy but I think this film is the best 3D film I have ever seen, besides How To Train Your Dragon.

You know what I thought was the funniest stupid thing?  The zombie guy that apparently walked like a crab all the way to the ship. Why did he walk like a crab and then just move like a person after that? He just waits there for who knows how long going “Man are they gonna freak when they see me looking like a crab.

Maybe he walked like a human to the ship, sat down as a crab to create a shocking effect and turned on the camera feed and hoped someone would notice and open the door. It was silly, yes. It's further proof that it was made by thinking up "cool" scenarios and set pieces and not really caring about how it works in the context of the film and Sir Ridley going "BRILLIANT".

@Squee: hehehe, so many questions.

Your avatar makes me want to meet Bill Murray so badly.

Came close at the theatre/restaurant I worked at in Austin, Alamo Drafthouse.

I wasn't at work the day he came back into the kitchen and was being all awesome to the employees.

BLAST!

I did get to talk to the Wilson bros' mom at my current work the other day about Moonrise Kingdom and asked her why neither of her kids were in it. Schedule conflicts. She is a regular.

I think I might ask her, I mean beg her to bring Bill Murray into the store if he is ever in town hanging out with her kids.

You know what I thought was the funniest stupid thing? The zombie guy that apparently walked like a crab all the way to the ship. Why did he walk like a crab and then just move like a person after that? He just waits there for who knows how long going "Man are they gonna freak when they see me looking like a crab.

Crab walk? LOL I don't even remember this.

Hi WATMM.

I cannot bring myself to watch this movie. I have chickened out twice.

I really want it to be good, but I cannot deal with what could be a massive strike of disappointment to a franchise I know and love. If there will be a blu-ray directors cut I think I will see that.

Kinda like how I never went to see the Phantom Menace at cinemas.

Hi WATMM.

I really want it to be good, but I cannot deal with what could be a massive strike of disappointment to a franchise I know and love. If there will be a blu-ray directors cut I think I will see that.

I recommend you wait for director's cut if you don't want to be sad.

It won't spoil the alien universe though, at least it didn't for me. I watched alien almost immediately after Prometheus and just loved it and didn't connect the two movies really.

Guest Mirezzi

You know what I thought was the funniest stupid thing?  The zombie guy that apparently walked like a crab all the way to the ship. Why did he walk like a crab and then just move like a person after that? He just waits there for who knows how long going “Man are they gonna freak when they see me looking like a crab.

Wow. lol

Hi WATMM.

you're massively over-thinking this. if you want to see it, just go fucking see it - it's really entertaining, looks absolutely amazing and is certainly worth watching. stop worrying about a load of shit to do with Alien that doesn't matter - things change, stories get revamped...whatever...you wanna see Prometheus? go watch it!

Guest Enter a new display name

You know what I thought was the funniest stupid thing? The zombie guy that apparently walked like a crab all the way to the ship. Why did he walk like a crab and then just move like a person after that? He just waits there for who knows how long going "Man are they gonna freak when they see me looking like a crab.

Yeah, that scene was weird. And I didn't see the point of it other than a way to kill off the secondary characters.

i don't see how he got back to the ship as a zombie when he couldn't even navigate those tunnels as a rational human being. i guess he maybe got super smell and followed the trail the crew left when they exited.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Sorry Jimmy but I think this film is the best 3D film I have ever seen, besides How To Train Your Dragon.

I'm not doubting it is the best 3D but I think 3D is stupid FULLSTOP. That's like being the best at drinking cum, you still suck.

3D is just a marketing ploy to get people in cinemas. do you really think it adds anything? cave of forgotten dream seems to be the only film that it was worth it for. avatar blah. 3D will go away if we stop paying more to see it.

@Squee: hehehe, so many questions.

Your avatar makes me want to meet Bill Murray so badly.

Came close at the theatre/restaurant I worked at in Austin, Alamo Drafthouse.

I wasn't at work the day he came back into the kitchen and was being all awesome to the employees.

BLAST!

I did get to talk to the Wilson bros' mom at my current work the other day about Moonrise Kingdom and asked her why neither of her kids were in it. Schedule conflicts. She is a regular.

I think I might ask her, I mean beg her to bring Bill Murray into the store if he is ever in town hanging out with her kids.

I want Bill Murray to adopt me. It's as simple as that.

I know someone who worked on Lost in Translation and she got to meet Bill Murray. She said, he was the nicest guy and she even got a picture taken with him - unfortunately, she gave it to her ex.

@Jimmy: Well I think this film is the best use of it so far but on most other films I agree with you. Damn production companies won't make that many interesting films to warrant 3D. So with Prometheus, Piranha 3D and How to Train Your Dragon being the only exceptions in my mind, you are right.

@Squee: I heard that he was running around pinching asses of hot girls that I worked with and telling them that no one would believe them. He is Bill Murray. They enjoyed the ass grabbings. He wasn't creepy about it, they all now have an awesome story that people might or might not believe.

Didn't Bill Murray get stopped by the cops in Sweden for driving drunk in a golfcart some years ago? And he partied with some students somewhere. Bill Murray is awesome.

Edited by azatoth

Didn't Bill Murray get stopped by the cops in Sweden for driving drunk in a golfcart some years ago? And he partied with some students somewhere. Bill Murray is awesome.

42610.jpg

42618.jpg

Apparantly, he has crashed a bunch of parties. So fucking great. Also, he's the only (at least according to a lot of articles) actor in Hollywood who doesn't have an agent. You just call his answering machine and if he's interested, he'll call you back.

42610.jpg

42618.jpg

Apparantly, he has crashed a bunch of parties. So fucking great. Also, he's the only (at least according to a lot of articles) actor in Hollywood who doesn't have an agent. You just call his answering machine and if he's interested, he'll call you back.

Bill fucking Murray