ridely duzn sound good for ridely. The problem for these guys is the balance between creating an interesting movie and making a modern monstrosity. It's a shame that the difficulty between art and retarded modernity is beyond most. Perhaps he should have shopped a TV series.

I would have liked a super hard science fiction show exploring the architects, their homeworld and the galaxy beyond, written by me so that it doesn't disappoint, me. heh.

One of the newer Darkhorse canon comic series shows what life is like on Earth, it's a Hellish dictatorship, where the military is treated better than everyone else to maintain power, while the masses live in poverty.  So pretty much North Korea.  They really took the line from Alien Resurrection that Earth is a shithole, and ran with it.

This is in the latter time period of the original films, btw.  

I don't think I want any more Alien related bollocks, the first film should've been enough (even though I have a soft spot for Aliens).

I don't think I want any more Alien related bollocks, the first film should've been enough (even though I have a soft spot for Aliens).

Maybe they'll do a making of the making of latter part of the franchise, called Failien.

One of the newer Darkhorse canon comic series shows what life is like on Earth, it's a Hellish dictatorship, where the military is treated better than everyone else to maintain power, while the masses live in poverty.  So pretty much North Korea.  They really took the line from Alien Resurrection that Earth is a shithole, and ran with it.

Isn’t that just Starship Troopers?

cool so completely unoriginal and uninteresting in any way at all. got it.

The time was probably right for a Colonial Marines TV series rather than Prometheus. That could have been cool.

Franchise is fucked now though.

or an ecranization of the colonial marines thechnical manual.

Assholes and elbows.pdf

51FCJ3Nr2zL.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally watched Covenant, I liked it.  Again, a distraction on the way to the final storyline, if Ridley even gets to make that now.  David vs. Walter was a nice side story, the humans were dispensable, as usual.  They really should have included The Crossing in the prologue, but I guess Fox had a 2 hour running time in Ridley's contract. Same with Franco's character, I wonder where Fox will go now with the story if they dump Ridley, will they cast Ripley in some role, who knows.  She is almost 70, and committed to the Avatar sequels.  If Sigourney never gets to play Ripley again, it would be a shame, as she's basically the prototype for the female protagonist in Hollywood action films.

when the human protagonists refuse to wear helmets when exploring new planets,and then act like fucking amateurs when they inevitably get infected,its impossible to give a shit about anyone in the movie,and thats the biggest mistake the last two movies make,they look great and have some interesting ideas,but you can,t get invested in any characters,except for david/walter who is the only saving grace

What plot holes have u guys discovered, now that the film is out on digital and can be rewatched? One that stuck out to me, especially after rewatching was:

Why is David's hair changing color to brown at the root? I could see maybe he could change its color at will, and as soon as he cuts his locks, he has formed his plan to impersonate Walter, but Walter was wearing a hat the entire time during their first meeting. I could even get with David changed it immediately after seeing Walter, but again, he couldn't see Walter's hair color in their initial meeting. This seems like convenient writing to me.

Another is: why was Shaw so eager to trust David? I realize she never knew he infected her boyfriend, but didn't she get the general idea that he was there serving the will of Weyland, and had no regard for other human life? Because, after they land, David infects her AGAIN with another alien embryo, after she was nice enough to re-attach his head. Bastard.

Edit: this is strange, in the scene where Walter confronts David, you can clearly hear parts of the "Aria" theme from Alien 3, is there some subliminal meaning? Hmmm

I watched this last night finally. p sure it was srupid.

Yeah, then how could he play the theme from Prometheus? lol

Yes, the amazingly bad theme from Prometheus.

I also hate this theme.