IGNORED

Plaid - Now Playing...

magdog

• 2 weeks later...

horay for ken

oi, this isnt plaid. Ken made both the album and played the live set. But then again it shouldnt be in here, but fuck the rules.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCEnXXOptEs&feature=channel_video_title

wut? Ken made Spanners, by himself? *faarrrrtts* :lol:

have you ever looked at the inlay cover, or the back of the CD, or record artwork of Spanners, chas?

and there are no rules! we just don't want to talk about the new imitation Black Dog, that's all :) , no beef with Ken Dog really...

and there was no need/point or good enough reason to include them into this sub forum, if that's what you're getting at.

not to mention the fact that most (Plaid) fans didn't want it, and even Joyrex agreed... that they don't belong in here.

anyway, why dig up the past again.. eh. let sleeping dogs lie, .

:music:

The track is stratus. Thats not off Spanners, its off Music For Adverts. I dunno why the plaided has that artwork there.

He did make MFAASF by himself ye?

Id like to mention that it goes well with booze. Drank a 70cl of vodka and listen to this with my mate on her balcony for about 3 hours.

the original is on Music for Adverts, yeah. but that mix, though,,, i think, from what i remember hearing,, is a Steve Hotdog mix.

and it's not called "Stratus" on MFA, although there is a tracked called Stratus. but it's "Meditation no.4" from MFA.

dunno if somebody just mislabelled it or what... but probably, because it's the track right before (above) Stratus. - d'oh. lol

and yeah that live gig is good. but it's a live gig, not an album. it's just tracks and sounds and samples and bits 'n pieces put together for live show/gig/set.

it's a real shame he didn't/doesn't do more like that, ever. it seems to be a one-off, which i spose makes it all the more special. but really!, do some more like that, Ken. set's almost 15 years old now. 1 gig a year isn't too much to ask, is it...

fans could have 15 more superb sets likes this in the bag already.

or Bleep's is. either way, nice track. well done Ken and Steve.

wish we had it in better quality. though i'd also like to find that cassette release of the gig...

maybe it will turn up 1 day on th'ebay and i'll bag it for 99p's :)

Its on discogs for 50 quid. Cant be sure its a real copy though as the WAVs were released at one stage and people made bootleg cassettes.

Martin said they'd eventually release high quality ones, one day. For now though, theyre free on the soundcloud.

Its on discogs for 50 quid. Cant be sure its a real copy though as the WAVs were released at one stage and people made bootleg cassettes.

yeah, discogs. not the best place for a bargain! it will turn up on ebay 1 day and some lucky bastard will have it away for a few quid.

Martin said they'd eventually release high quality ones, one day. For now though, theyre free on the soundcloud.

who? lol

if the WAVs were up on the old-old site run by Ken then i will have them somewhere on an older PC and have forgotten about it.

chassis is right, it is 'stratus' from MFA.. just had a listen to my vinyl album and the tracks are very similar.. MFA version is a much more simple arrangement.

chassis is right, it is 'stratus' from MFA.. just had a listen to my vinyl album and the tracks are very similar.. MFA version is a much more simple arrangement.

ah i stand corrected. so then, maybe it's not even that Hotdog remix that i'm thinking of, cos i'm quite sure that was a mix of Meditaion No.4

so, i'm probably entirely wrong. lol :smile:

looks like bleeps track listing is wrong.. have a listen to Gerry Noman.

typical.

and because of this it's on youtube as Euthanasia, or however it's spelled.

i've never paid too much attention to track names, but i've had this albums for years and i was questioning it...

confused and unsure and then wrong, because of Bleep.

should've checked discogs or my own copy... wherever it is.

anyway thanks for clearing it up, magdog! :)

hehe, my pleasure mate, not the first time Bleep has been wrong.. tizz always best to check your own copy intit :)

haven't took to much notice of the track names myself.. there are so many :)

i've got the Hotdog remix and i'll compare to Meditaion No.4 later see if they're the same track...

if the WAVs were up on the old-old site run by Ken then i will have them somewhere on an older PC and have forgotten about it.

Well Im just saying what I heard. But Id say Martin would have them from uploading them to the soundcloud?

Anyway. Massive set, I love listening to that set.

Well Im just saying what I heard. But Id say Martin would have them from uploading them to the soundcloud?

dunno. does it say it's in WAV anywhere? otherwise, could be MP3's? who knows.

Anyway. Massive set, I love listening to that set.

it is a classic, yeah. but, as good as Tork Radio, or Futura Connect..? :wink:

somebody nicked my Scintilli CD. i'd only had it for a few weeks, if that. and some bastard had it away.

i think it was my sister's boyfriend, as it was only ever in the kitchen by the CD player in there.

but he has shit taste in music! and isn't really into electronic stuff at all.

thankfully i've still got the vinyl, and MP3's.. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX1_uYjHJ4g

and youtube! :smile: