IGNORED

Plaid - Now Playing...

magdog

• 2 weeks later...

Hello sirch, nah mate not heard it yet... i'll have to try *get* me a copy cheers :)

Just listening to a ruck a stuff i err downed yesterday :)

hehe, yeah, i was drunk on free music... and i slept like a baby :)

nah not heard Nikakoi yet, apart from the tracks played on that YT video above.. does sound good though.

thanks mate.. made it meself :)

Oh hang on, according to discogs it's called 'Rays' and the CD + USB deluxe boxset called 'In A Bloc'.. Nikakoi is someone that features on Rays.

Guest sirch

nah not heard Nikakoi yet, apart from the tracks played on that YT video above.. does sound good though.

thanks for posting that one magdog, will have a listen in a bit...

Oh hang on, according to discogs it's called 'Rays' and the CD + USB deluxe boxset called 'In A Bloc'.. Nikakoi is someone that features on Rays.

yep that's the one! :)

Guest sirch

that Infinitesimal track is taste, yup. not sure when it was released and not sure why he can't still put stuff like that out!

i'd buy it. a return to the late 90's/early 2000's Downie Dog sound would be grand.

Guest sirch

is it me or does this sound a bit slow?

sounds better like this i reckon. more chilled but more atmospheric and dark.

you're right mate it is playing a tad slow, about -2 SL-1200 speed... it does sound more atmospheric and dark if thats possible :)

oh i wished Ken would dump those blag doggers and get down to making some real deeeep music again.

i quite like Dadavistic Orchestra some what... 'Unconcerned, But Not Indifferent' is rather atmospheric and errr, good.

Guest sirch

you're right mate it is playing a tad slow, about -2 SL-1200 speed... it does sound more atmospheric and dark if thats possible :)

sounds a bit more funky in places as well !

oh i wished Ken would dump those blag doggers and get down to making some real deeeep music again.

i quite like Dadavistic Orchestra some what... 'Unconcerned, But Not Indifferent' is rather atmospheric and errr, good.

well i'm with Plaid, in that i haven't listened to it. ;) in fact i've not listened to most new Black Dog releases since Further Vexations.

most of the Dadavistic tracks are like 12 mins long from what i've seen. that's probably the idea but i couldn't be bothered to sit through loads of that, tbh. and i was never into PWOG anyway, so it doesn't really appeal to me.

each to their own, tho. :)

I always give new Black Dog a listen, can't help that... why i bother sometimes baffles me :)

Your right Dadavistic tracks are long, but i like abit of that late at night when i've had enough beats for the day. To be honest, 'Unconcerned, But Not Indifferent' is the only stand out track for me so far.. haven't heard 'Dokument .03' yet but i will give it a try. As for PWOG, the did one track i really liked as well and that was the classic 'Exit 23'.

Guest sirch

PWOG were a little bit before my time :) so i never got into them and still haven't heard much of their stuff. ..

i'm sure Downie Dog will do some great stuff again one day.

maybe this whole BoC remix thing will enable him to take a bit more time out working on the next album... and make something brilliant again, like Bytes and Spanners were. but maybe that's impossible without Ed and Andy...

dunno why he doesn't just put another solo album out really..? Music for Adverts was really good. and that live gig in Toronto, too.

it's not like he can't do it. so i dunno why he always thinks he needs 3 people in the band, with each incarnation.

anyway... :)

Wow, 'Exit 23' came out 1990!.. years ahead of it's time that track.

I think we've a good few years wait before Ken Dog finally shakes of those tech=no leg mounters and gets down to making some real music. You know there won’t be another Bytes or Spanners, those albums are one off's and will never be repeated without the other two/thirds of the group, Ed and Andy.. like you said mate, impossible. But, what i would love is an album that comes close :)

The need for 3 people in the band might have something to do with Kens fascination with egyptology, isis, horus, osiris (unholy) trinity.

There is power in 3.

edit: bladdy font sizes!

Edited by magdog