IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

My Girlfriend bought me a pair of trainers for my birthday in November, an unworn but second-hand pair from a posh and overpriced vintage shop. Never heard of the brand but she mainly bought them for the novelty aspect as they are made from some kind of hairy hide like horse or something (fake or real I don't know).

When I googled the brand it turns out they go for between $2-300 a pair.

It's obvious in retrospect but it seems the kind of person who can afford trainers like this doesn't intend to do any actual walking in them.

I've only been wearing them a month and yesterday I felt water on the sole of my foot. The tread on the left trainer has worn through.

I know I walk a lot but c'mon man!

Cheap pair of Converse here I come.

There's a bit too much water in my waterbed. So, when later during the night the water gets warmer, my feet feel like theyre on a bubble of water and all my weight will be on my back. Which is not good. Will tap off some water today to fix my first world problem. ;D

I feel unease every time I take a sick day. Not for financial reasons, because I get by fine on $130cdn/week. Not out of guilt, because my job isn't saving the whales or making people happy or anything cool like that.

It's because I often spend too much of the sick day goofing off, & not enough working on music or other stuff I say I'm passionate about. I am the obstacle standing in my way, & no amount of self-defeatism or motivational thinking will change that. Only action will.

*insert waking life quote about fear & laziness being the strongest human emotions*

There are a lot of things that makes me angry. But there's one that I fucking can't tolerate... My fucking headphones/earbuds broke. I FUCKING, FUCKING HATE THE WORLD WHEN THAT HAPPENS.. Fuck it.

I've got glandular fever since monday and it's driving me crazy. Talking, eating, drinking and sleeping are all very difficult.

These sleep deprivation hallucinations are pretty cool though. I can just close my eyes and complete scenes and stories unfold effortlessly in great detail.

I thought the only people to have waterbeds were Harold steptoe and Edward scissorhands Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I'm Edwards nephewwww.

Also, it was a bit of an impulse buy (first world problem #2). But I can tell you it's pretty awesome to feel like you're floating on a bed (first world privilege).

:P

There are a lot of things that makes me angry. But there's one that I fucking can't tolerate... My fucking headphones/earbuds broke. I FUCKING, FUCKING HATE THE WORLD WHEN THAT HAPPENS.. Fuck it.

Oh my god that's the worst fwp ever. Especially mid-song. Last time that happened to me it was in the middle of a Broadcast song; they broke at the plug end. Luckily I managed to cut off the shitty molded plug and replace it with a blingin' silver plug that will take some serious beating before it even gets the slightest bit damaged.

I thought the only people to have waterbeds were Harold steptoe and Edward scissorhands Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I'm Edwards nephewwww.

Also, it was a bit of an impulse buy (first world problem #2). But I can tell you it's pretty awesome to feel like you're floating on a bed (first world privilege).

waterbeds are notoriously associated with bad backs.

FWP: The music at work is usually not bad, sometimes even some nightmares on wax makes it on. Right now it is some awful fucking smooth jazz though.

I'm Edwards nephewwww.

it seems like dutch bed salesmen are just good at pushing the waterbed sale,in my experience

Edited by tauboo

Trying to find a Vectrex and a Neo Geo Pocket Color locally, and I'm having no luck!

Considering spending probably $20-100 more than I wanted on eBay relief of my problem :(

Trying to find a Vectrex and a Neo Geo Pocket Color locally, and I'm having no luck!

Considering spending probably $20-100 more than I wanted on eBay relief of my problem :(

i have a vectrex! i only have hyperchase and the game that comes preinstalled, mine storm. last time i played it i was able to beat mine storm. intense.

I'm Edwards nephewwww.

waterbeds are notoriously associated with bad backs.

FWP: The music at work is usually not bad, sometimes even some nightmares on wax makes it on. Right now it is some awful fucking smooth jazz though.

They can be prescribed for people with bad backs, and it's important to not have too much water in the bed. With too much water your feet will be higher than the rest of your body (because most of your weight is in your upper body) and that's when it can indeed be painful for your back. (solution: tapping of water...).

With the right amount of water your entire body mass will be spread evenly. More so than on any other kind of matras.

So kids, if you'll ever sleep on a waterbed and it feels like your feet ly on a balloon higher than the rest of your body: tap off water or else you'll get back pain.

i have a vectrex! i only have hyperchase and the game that comes preinstalled, mine storm. last time i played it i was able to beat mine storm. intense.
I read somewhere that mine storm had a glitch where you were never able to get past level 13?

Also did you originally have one from the 80's or did you pick it up 2nd hand?

I'm curious what would be considered a "good deal" at this point, ie if spending $200 on one with a controller but the joystick is bent would be appropriately good

PS I want one so bad, I've got the classic games bug again

Edited by soma