IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Worst back problems I've had weren't caused by any physical exertion but simply tweaking it weirdly when sitting down.

gettng old sucks.  

I threw out my lower back last May just from doing sit-ups. So I've switched to leg lifts for ab workouts and haven't had that problem since. Planks are a good exercise for your core too.

The physical aspect of aging sucks, but I think mentally it's the opposite.

Worst back problems I've had weren't caused by any physical exertion but simply tweaking it weirdly when sitting down.

gettng old sucks.  

I threw out my lower back last May just from doing sit-ups. So I've switched to leg lifts for ab workouts and haven't had that problem since. Planks are a good exercise for your core too.

The physical aspect of aging sucks, but I think mentally it's the opposite.

it's a mixed bag all around imo.  but if my body was in better shape i'd be happier and i think mentally i'd be having more fun and perhaps be more productive in general. for me...  it's really easy to be pessimistic or some form of nihilistic 

leg lifts and planks.. yeah.. i have lot's of info about all the things i need to do. seems as soon as i get to where i can get the ball rolling i encounter a setback.  it all makes for a very strange treadmill type of vibe. 

i need to go to the grocery store tonight. 

Wiped out on some train tracks last night and totally fucked up my arm. Nothing is broken and I can move it around but it hurts like hell, especially at the shoulder.

Yeah same here. I've put my body through a lot of physical abuse with outdoor activities but I think my worst back and neck problems were caused by too much sitting, both at the computer and in the car. I've been doing these stretches that I have linked on my website that have been helping a lot but holy god they are hard to do for such simple movements.

Uh this is kind of weird, cause it's not my problem, and it's not in the first world. My good friend is being held in a Chinese prison.

Some other mutual friends have started a gofundme to help him out.

The goal is modest, and I know none of us here are wealthy IDM scions, but any little bit would really help.

https://www.gofundme.com/michaelspavor

Uh this is kind of weird, cause it's not my problem, and it's not in the first world. My good friend is being held in a Chinese prison.

The goal is modest, and I know none of us here are wealthy IDM scions, but any little bit would really help.

The dude was doing business with Kim Jong Un??!?!

Uhh... Something doesn't feel right about that.

yeah, doing business directly with Kim Jong Un. the gofundme says promoting cultural exchange but we all know that's probably code for espionage and trading nuclear secrets. also never mind that China and North Korea are mates, that's probably a smokescreen.

He wasn’t doing business with Kim Jeong Un. He ran cultural tours to North Korea so that people with an interest in the country could learn more about it first hand. He held discussions about the country pre and post tour, which helped contextualise the experience. There’s propaganda from the “West” and from the North Koreans and the tours provided a small window to break through a little bit of that propaganda.

Regardless, he’s being held for no legal reason in a Chinese prison where there is no due process, and no rule of law. His business is based in China, and there’s a strong chance he won’t be able to continue his work there, as well as be in massive debt when he comes out. The last Canadians who were held by the Chinese were there for two years.

I’m posting it because he’s a friend, if people want to give that’s great, if not, well, as the meme goes, understandable.

I just moved in some of my studio monitors into new studio to do a quick sound test. The room is actually a-ok when it comes to the acoustics, but then I went out the door to find out of much of it leaks through the walls and into the rooms that are right next door to me. And it's leaky as fuck. Also, the window is leaky so the walls around the window were damp and I could tear off the paint without even trying. This fucking sucks. So now I'm looking at what an annex would cost.

Donated. Wasn't much but hope it helps. My best and truest hopes for their speedy return home, unharmed, and in good health. :-)

Donated. Wasn't much but hope it helps. My best and truest hopes for their speedy return home, unharmed, and in good health. :-)

is there any word on what actually got him in trouble?

It's retaliation from the Chinese - Canada arrested the CFO of Huawei for extradition to the US (they claim Huawei is violating sanctions on Iran) and so China retaliated by taking into custody a former diplomat and my friend.

The difference of course is that the two Canadians have been charged with "engaging in activities that undermine China's national security" (a very nebulous, vague charge with no specifics released as yet - and imo unlikely to ever be released as these charges are just BS), and are being held with not much recourse to legal advice. The CFO of Huawei was charged with something specific, and is out on bail in Vancouver, as should be the case in a system where rule of law is respected. The Chinese mental gymnastics is pretty outstanding here: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/china-responds-kovrig-sparpv-wanzhou-1.4958518

As usual, Trump fucked it up: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trump-undermined-canada-huawei-arrest-1.4951409

is there any word on what actually got him in trouble?

It's retaliation from the Chinese - Canada arrested the CFO of Huawei for extradition to the US (they claim Huawei is violating sanctions on Iran) and so China retaliated by taking into custody a former diplomat and my friend.

holy f*, so basically he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time...

this is oddly like the Bridge of Spies scenario....

At my inlaws, keys are lost and we believe they have been hidden by one of the kids :/

Sounds like it's time for some roasted-beets-horizontal-1533160874.jpg?

potentially balsamic glazed beets with feta! I only jest, no beating the kids pls

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj