IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

2 hours ago, cichlisuite said:

these new LED lights on cars blind the shit out of me when driving at night, somehow it's even worse on a rainy night when raindrops and reflections disperse light everywhere. didn't the manufacturers test this stuff before rolling it out? sometimes when faced with an incoming column of modern SUVs i just grab the wheel and hope for the best

This is something I’ve noticed as well, think in some cases it has to do with the way the lights are angled, something that can apparently be adjusted? Fucking obnoxious either way. 

Fwp: my iPhone keeps switching to live mode when I take a picture. Seems to have started happening after the last update and the internet doesn’t offer any solutions. 

1 hour ago, user said:

This is something I’ve noticed as well, think in some cases it has to do with the way the lights are angled, something that can apparently be adjusted? Fucking obnoxious either way.

some people have headlights angled upwards, a dick move for sure, but even if they're not set higher, they are noticeably brightner. where H7 bulbs could already be blinding, the LEDs are even more so

i was beginning to think about specially tinted (or polarized) windshields that absorb the excessive light so it doesn't come through to the eyes, but i don't know if those exist already... probably with some newer expensive cars idk

I went searching for glitchhop in youtube expecting something like Push Button Objects and Prefuse 73 but instead got some brostep/edm shit with anime girls for artwork. What the hell happened to glitchhop?

The dude closing up at Second Slice just came out to my van and handed me a box containing 6 large slices of pizza. This should be a dream come true, but I ordered a large pizza last night, and it's all I've eaten between then and now. Kind of burnt out on pizza! Might hand it off to a homeless person or something.

49 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

The dude closing up at Second Slice just came out to my van and handed me a box containing 6 large slices of pizza. This should be a dream come true, but I ordered a large pizza last night, and it's all I've eaten between then and now. Kind of burnt out on pizza! Might hand it off to a homeless person or something.

Burnt out on pizza?! How dare you, sir!

• Like 1
  • Burger 1

On 5/3/2022 at 12:05 AM, Zephyr_Nova said:

I tried eating some last night.  It was actually too gross for me to finish.  Every slice was hardcore meat centred, which isn't usually a problem.  But these meats were particularly F grade.  Looked like a pile of scabs, and didn't taste much better.  Also, the Pender Island recording retreat was heavy on the meats.  I think I need to detox.  Feed me plants(/weird things).

• Burger 1

32 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

Gonna have to get a root canal next week.  Anybody here ever had one? I've heard only terrible things.

ye. without any anesthetics, because that sadistic monster of a she-dentist did not ask me if i wanted it, and i didn't knew better because guess what, it was my first time and i had no idea. we parted without saying goodbye and i experienced new dimensions of pain

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, cichlisuite said:

ye. without any anesthetics, because that sadistic monster of a she-dentist did not ask me if i wanted it, and i didn't knew better because guess what, it was my first time and i had no idea. we parted without saying goodbye and i experienced new dimensions of pain

Whattt? That's fucked up. It's basically like getting a cavity done but it's a longer procedure. I had to go back to the dentist multiple times.

Reading the last couple pages of this thread for the first time in awhile - this is such a dad thread - lol.

Ok, I’ll join: I’m thirty-nine, have chronic lower back pain, and my hair is starting to go gray ?

• Farnsworth 1

9 hours ago, yekker said:

Whattt? That's fucked up. It's basically like getting a cavity done but it's a longer procedure. I had to go back to the dentist multiple times.

it was an emergency procedure and she drilled a hole, sucked some shit out, then filled it in until i could get an appointment at my doctor. i still remember the feeling when the drill reached the pain pulp and kept going... the horror... the horror

• Sad 4

I've been gradually becoming more and more nocturnal, to the point where even 4am doesn't feel late enough to be going to sleep.  Feels more like time to watch a movie.  On the one hand, there isn't really a benefit to having such a backwards schedule.  On the other hand, it means my depression is finally lifting.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I've been gradually becoming more and more nocturnal, to the point where even 4am doesn't feel late enough to be going to sleep.  Feels more like time to watch a movie.  On the one hand, there isn't really a benefit to having such a backwards schedule.  On the other hand, it means my depression is finally lifting.

Hope the lift continues, being depressed is never no good for no one. You seem to be contrary to common understanding in associating a nocturnal schedule with anticipated relief of psychological burdens. I feel the same though, I usually need to start worrying when I feel the urge to go to sleep really early.

E7B2D08D-2E2D-43EF-83EA-0CA0AECEBB1E.thumb.jpeg.b4d6cc06d3cffd745d685f766f0c67d5.jpeg

I started sawing from an angry place, something I was entirely aware of and reminded myself of several times to keep cool and steady to prevent the sheet from cracking. Obviously my incompetence is immune to awareness. To make things worse this is the second time today, first time was a toxic mix of ignorance and enthusiasm though. 

• Like 1

Yeah, behavioural patterns with regards to moods is a bit odd for me.  Like if I tidy everything in my apartment and set up a hair appointment it's a sign that maybe something's wrong hahaha...  If I'm in a good mood I seldom take these things into consideration because I feel like I always have something better and more important to do.  Likewise, I'll be inclined to stay up longer because I'm actually enjoying being conscious.  I'm always nocturnal though... just more so if I'm feeling good.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, _vow_of_silence_ said:

I honestly can't complain...

Are you in Russia?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, _vow_of_silence_ said:

I honestly can't complain...

so glad you broke your vow of silence to let us know this ?‍♀️. would have been much more lol though if you started talking again, and it was nothing BUT complaints. then we'd be like - can you stay silent again?

and time for a new user name perhaps? maybe something with a nod to our missing comrade ding...who no doubt is out there philosophizing the world to death.

• Like 1

All my sleeps are broken up.  I routinely wake up roughly 4 hours after I fall asleep, and am usually up for half an hour or more before falling back to sleep (like now).  Kind of irritating.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zero said:

so glad you broke your vow of silence to let us know this ?‍♀️. would have been much more lol though if you started talking again, and it was nothing BUT complaints. then we'd be like - can you stay silent again?

and time for a new user name perhaps? maybe something with a nod to our missing comrade ding...who no doubt is out there philosophizing the world to death.

I'll get back to radio silence potentially... 

OK I'll complain, I can only change my username 1 time per year..:(

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Silent Member said:

Thrown any albums into the pond lately?

It's been a while tbh! My purse-strings are a bit tighter these days, don't buy garbage just to throw it out lol. 

Also my current home since 2018, doesn't have a pond nearby so it's not really convenient. However, I could grab Magic OPN and throw it to the very active Coyotes and Bobcats heh. ?

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Haha 1

Just torrent the album and delete it. Glad to hear you're feeding the fauna :cisfor:

Edited by Silent Member
  • Haha 1