IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I want out of my current job. Pays more than my previous one did but it feels like I have no autonomy. Plus I'm crammed into an old greasy, dusty shitbox with a bunch of conservatives and forced to do whatever random grunt work my boss assigns me for the day with at least one other accompanying crew member. At least when I started over a year ago we had a decent office location.

One day I just wanna walk out and be like "fuck all of these guys."

I've heard promising things about being a mail carrier. Might look into it.

EDIT: Actually I get along with them better than I make it sound. But it's still not a viable long-term work environment for me.

Edited by ambermonke

7 minutes ago, ambermonke said:

One day I just wanna walk out and be like "fuck all of these guys."

I've been in that position a few times in my life - one place really was a toxic - stay strong and clear out when you can. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 11:10 AM, logakght said:

Bought a new monitor but it has a green stuck pìxel in the center. Will it go away? Or is it like HPV?

Fuck stuck pixels. I returned the monitor. Bought a new one hoping this one is good.

What’s the golden rule? Never drink loads of red wine the night before having to get up at 5am for work, no matter how great you think you can handle your booze. I feel like a sloth that has smoked half a dozen opium pipes. Totally and utterly fucked ?

• Like 1

I reinstalled Tinder after rage quitting it a couple months back.  Set preferences to "everyone" so as to include any cool non-binary peeps I'd miss out on otherwise.  Prior to doing this, I'd get maybe 2-4 likes from women per month on Tinder.  After changing the settings to include everyone, I got 40 likes between midnight-5am, all dudes.  8 per hour, during a period where most people are sleeping!  The women are still absent.  NB are nowhere to be seen. I want to be gay so bad...

I've since changed my preferences back to women only, and haven't received a single like since.  Is gay conversion therapy a thing?

• Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1
  • Big Brain 1

On 3/29/2022 at 3:39 PM, luke viia said:

trying to apply for a union apprenticeship but cannot find even a remotely recent version of my resume. positive i re-did the thing maybe a year or two ago, but the only versions I can find are old email attachments from ancient times searching for internships (back in like 2012-13). HIGHLY ANNOYING. I've been at my current job for so long I can't even remember my start/end dates at the employers before that, let alone the names and numbers of old bosses. this is particularly brutal bc I'm actually a well-qualified candidate for this apprenticeship (that is, it's pretty closely related to what I studied in college), but after having most of my main hard drive corrupted / wiped out ~1 year ago I haven't really had a need to think about my resume... and now I need it ASAP. serves me right for assuming it was on my google drive or dropbox. in a very modern way I have become the "old man yells at cloud" meme

just now found the resume. On a cloud service. :facepalm:

• Sad 1

I have one remaining homework assignment for my intro Python course, which isn't due til the first of May. But I just can't be arsed to start on it right now. I'd rather fuck around and do stupid counter-productive shit instead.

Just hopped in to say I've fully recovered. Wow that was brutal. Had all my usual intake of ingredients of b vitamins, milk thistle, banana, apple, Coca Cola, mineral water, black coffee. Nothing made me feel better. Apart from 2 cold pints of lager when I got home, that's another slippery slope and another potential stupid first world problem but hair of the dog does work most of the time if you don't overdo it. Slept straight for 8 hours. Red wine is a savage beast of a drink ?

• Like 1

Bought 3 used CDs the other day for van listening, $3 each. Two of them I have no interest in listening to again.  Tricky - Blowback is fucking terrible.  Would have sounded dated even in 2001 when it was released.  Also, the cover of Something In the Way may actually be the worst thing I've heard.  How this guy gets so much respect is a bit of a head scratcher.  Thought maybe something was getting lost in all the bass when I saw him open for Tool, but now I get why it was mixed like that.  Just awful, awful stuff.

[The other 2 were Architecture in Helsinki (recognized the name, thought it may be decent), and Beta Band.  Helsinki was alright, but unremarkable.  Beta Band I can see myself listening to on occasion.]

tried to swap pedals on my bike and can't get the old ones off.. just wanted to wear my other shoes which have different cleat set up... fucking pedals are tight af to the cranks. practically pulled a muscle trying to loosen them. 

I’m in the gym with my girlfriend for the first time in 8 years. I am so weak. Now I’m just sitting here watching my girlfriend on the treadmill while listening to a podcast and browsing WATMM

• Farnsworth 1

19 minutes ago, Squee said:

I’m in the gym with my girlfriend for the first time in 8 years. I am so weak. Now I’m just sitting here watching my girlfriend on the treadmill while listening to a podcast and browsing WATMM

could be worse

I'm used to waking up at 2 in the afternoon, but am recording a band on Fri that will probably want to start in the morning.  (We're ferrying to a small island over the weekend to do it, so I'll be on their schedule.)

Tell them you're experimenting with a hands-off approach wrt to recording and want them to really dive into their own process and that you'll be checking in on them only occasionally.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, user said:

Tell them you're experimenting with a hands-off approach wrt to recording and want them to really dive into their own process and that you'll be checking in on them only occasionally.

Ah yes, the Rick Rubin method!

My fire extinguisher is kept on top of my fridge.. I open the fridge door and the fucking thing falls on my head. Luckily with my good rephlexes I am able to protect my face but the thing put a big ass scratch across my glasses lens. My glasses are old and I'm probably getting a new pair very soon so it's all ok i guess but, FUCK.

• Sad 1

After a weekend of wearing the producer cap, drinking all day, and barely sleeping, I'm suddenly realizing my brain's need to crash.... but I just signed up for a 7 hour work shift that started 15 minutes ago.  Whoops.  Gonna be a long night.  Unless I get in a horrible automobile crash right near the beginning, which I suppose is entirely likely. 

1 minute ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

After a weekend of wearing the producer cap, drinking all day, and barely sleeping, I'm suddenly realizing my brain's need to crash.... but I just signed up for a 7 hour work shift that started 15 minutes ago.  Whoops.  Gonna be a long night.  Unless I get in a horrible automobile crash right near the beginning, which I suppose is entirely likely. 

Make sure to drink later so we can ask you questions :flower:

• Haha 1

these new LED lights on cars blind the shit out of me when driving at night, somehow it's even worse on a rainy night when raindrops and reflections disperse light everywhere. didn't the manufacturers test this stuff before rolling it out? sometimes when faced with an incoming column of modern SUVs i just grab the wheel and hope for the best

• Like 5