IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

1 hour ago, Squee said:

Just said no to a big job. Don't know if it was the right thing to do?

I've said no to a bunch of lucrative but horrible gigs lately. I need to pick something sooner or later. I'm maybe becoming to picky..

Also kind of wondering is it ok to say to a recruiter that I don't want the job because honestly the product looks like crap? :cisfor:

• Like 1

I've been taking this online introductory programming course (Python-based) since mid-January. Started out well enough, but the last month or so it's been damn near impossible to keep up with. And I still have a homework assignment due tomorrow at midnight that I haven't the slightest clue how to code with. Dunno if I'm just dumb, or the lessons are sloppy/half-assed instruction. Maybe both.

Only two weeks left. Maybe I can still pass. But even if I do, I don't think I'm cut out to be a programmer in the long run.

Edited by ambermonke
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ambermonke said:

I've been taking this online introductory programming course (Python-based) since mid-January. Started out well enough, but the last month or so it's been damn near impossible to keep up with. And I still have a homework assignment due tomorrow at midnight that I haven't the slightest clue how to code with. Dunno if I'm just dumb, or the lessons are sloppy/half-assed instruction. Maybe both.

Only two weeks left. Maybe I can still pass. But even if I do, I don't think I'm cut out to be a programmer in the long run.

get some adderall and cram for like 18 hours straight. it will click or it wont.

dammit. got scammed out of 60 bucks. not a huge amount, but like everybody says - I should have known better. used a site called fiverr to get someone to help re-write my resume. didn't want to spend like $200 as some of the people on there were charging, so went with a lower cost option. major red flag were the replies I got from the person I chose. first reply was essentially "I'll do it." then next reply after that had a spelling error. I started wondering, why aren't they even asking me about what I'm looking for. I wrote a long reply giving this info since I wasn't asked, and got a "thanks" reply. then it hit me this is a scam. I got my resume & cover letter back now and its dogshit. spelling errors, some crappy template with the most generic stuff copied and pasted. you get what you pay for, right? 

wet soggy snow slush overnight + wind.  knocked over a shrubbery. such a pain in the ass. i liked the shrubbery. it'd been in that spot for 20+ years. 

also started feeling shitty friday night. probably just medication side effects with extra intensity. did the at home covid test yesterday and one this morning. both negative so that's good. gonna go for one of the PCR Laboratory test (drive thru at the pharmacy) on wednesday to make sure. 

SBOEgdm.jpg

in a neat little repeat of my own misadventures, I managed to hurt myself while lifting heavy objects at work. Did the same thing last year. There's a very real chance that I may never dance intelligently again. 

• Sad 1

When typesetting a book, and the chapter ends with just 4 to 5 lines of text on a blank page, not enough to break a line somewhere and push the text down by a line or two, but too much to squeeze it somewhere in by tricks on a previous page it just makes me miserable and want to curl up in a bush somewhere and sleep the rest of the day off, then change my career.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

The Aphex Twin Spotify top tracks are waaaaay off base.  It's no wonder I find it so hard to relate to most people.

The idea of normies enjoying the most out there experimental electronic music is kind of sublime. All radio stations are just reiterations of 90s pirate tapes through OpenAI Jukebox generators recorded on wires called "JX00330440220AC"

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

The Aphex Twin Spotify top tracks are waaaaay off base.  It's no wonder I find it so hard to relate to most people.

i added my music to select streaming services in january. i excluded spotify but just added spotify as a service so my tracks will be there in a couple weeks.  feels hella hypocritical since i've singled them out time and again for being so shitty.. but then my tunes were on amazon and they're probably shittier. 

so, it all feels terrible but i'll give it 1 year to see if streaming is worth it. i suspect it will not be worth it and i'll remove all my tunes from streaming services in january when the renewal for distrokid comes up. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ignatius said:

i added my music to select streaming services in january. i excluded spotify but just added spotify as a service so my tracks will be there in a couple weeks.  feels hella hypocritical since i've singled them out time and again for being so shitty.. but then my tunes were on amazon and they're probably shittier. 

so, it all feels terrible but i'll give it 1 year to see if streaming is worth it. i suspect it will not be worth it and i'll remove all my tunes from streaming services in january when the renewal for distrokid comes up. 

They are undoubtably shitty, but also the only platform where my music gets any regular listens.  So, a necessary evil for someone who wants an audience (in my case).

SFWP: Just looked at the clock - I slept in until 2:30pm.  Dizzamn.

• Like 1

Have been looking on and off for some affordable primer for aluminium that comes in non-spray form for weeks and tonight I find a hardware chain that has all the hammerite stuff on sale with 35% off. The entire hammerite range can be ordered online except for the primer which is only available for click and collect. Which means I have to bike over 40 minutes back and forth for this fucking paint. Good thing I have a low-paying job so my time is essentially worthless but it's nonetheless annoying. 

Additionally I hurt my leg two weeks ago after jumping off my bike when the chain flew off while I was going downhill which meant I could no longer brake. One of the pedals slammed into the back of my right leg, it hurt immensely but I thought I was overreacting. A couple of days later I realize it looks like I'm wearing a blue boot because off the blood that has spread under my skin and it's all sagging towards my foot sole and spread all around my calf and such. As the swelling subsided over the last couple of days and the bruising spread some more but became less intense I'm left with a more painful leg than I had initially and I have two purple and blue toes. I'm considering a visit to the emergency room but that's gonna take ages, wonder if they'd be alright with me popping out to go and get some paint while I wait.

Edited by user

5 hours ago, ignatius said:

Good thing! Last time you mentioned making your stuff available for streaming the only Ignatia were some surfer-reggea-songwriter guy with dismal esthetics and someone releasing recordings of burning wood.  

• Like 1
  • Big Brain 1

15 minutes ago, user said:

Good thing! Last time you mentioned making your stuff available for streaming the only Ignatia were some surfer-reggea-songwriter guy with dismal esthetics and someone releasing recordings of burning wood.  

lols.. yeah.. i've encountered 4 or 5 other ignatia. there's a way to submit reports to the streaming services to let them know they are grouping all the releases under the wrong artist.. which i've done.. so hopefully at some point they get it sorted out and i'll have all my releases grouped together. it doesn't effect payouts or anything. each track is linked to the artist via the various tracking methods and codes unique to that track. 

my stuff is already up on deezer, youtube, tidal, iheartradio, pandora, itunes, apple music and fucking amazon. should be on spotify in a couple weeks. 

For the past half a year, Youtube's algorithm's music recommendations for me are always just the same 3 tracks by Detroit in Effect. These tracks are not bad but they're also not great enough to fit in my top 100 of all time favourite tracks. I don't know why Youtube's algorithm thinks I'm so crazy about Detroit in Effect that I don't want to hear anything else

• Haha 1

Was boiling today and there are plenty of tourists absolutely everywhere walking really slowly and sat on the doorstep to my building :cry:

On 4/14/2022 at 3:27 PM, Rubin Farr said:

Apple Pay works when it feels like it, ugh

Sometimes too well, I have to add my train ticket QR codes to my wallet (instead of using a screenshot) otherwise when I turn my phone downwards to the scanner at the barriers it opens apple pay every time because it thinks I'm moving my phone towards a contactless reader despite a photo being up on my phone.

• Like 1

have submitted links and done all the things to get the streaming services to figure out this guy isn't me and all the music by anyone who uses ignatius as a moniker isn't the same person. lols. hopefully they get it sorted out sooner or later. there's also an Indian group or person who makes music that ends up in Bollywood movies. it's all kinds of fascinating but annoying.. even after setting up my artist page etc i can't pick/choose which releases are linked to my page. have to go thru some process so their 'team' can look into it. 

V3FQhKS.png

• Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, ignatius said:

have submitted links and done all the things to get the streaming services to figure out this guy isn't me and all the music by anyone who uses ignatius as a moniker isn't the same person. lols. hopefully they get it sorted out sooner or later. there's also an Indian group or person who makes music that ends up in Bollywood movies. it's all kinds of fascinating but annoying.. even after setting up my artist page etc i can't pick/choose which releases are linked to my page. have to go thru some process so their 'team' can look into it. 

V3FQhKS.png

flol those covers

• Like 2

On 4/18/2022 at 2:38 PM, ignatius said:

V3FQhKS.png

2017 was one hell of a year for other Ignatius.

Also that sounds like a real frustrating headache.  Hope you can get it sorted.