IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I downloaded one of their albums when I was going through a metal/noise kick a few years back.  And I was listening to a lot of harsh shit, but after hearing their album once in my headphones I was afraid to go back.  I think I've had enough recovery time by now that it should be safe to give it another spin.

Frozen Corpse Stuffed With Dope is arguably their best. The Poacher Diaries (a split with converge) is fun too.

I just realized the band that was too harsh for me to handle was Aanal Nathrakh.  Agoraphobic Nosebleed was the band with hilariously short songs (like nothing over 20 seconds) if I remember correctly.  May have just been a novelty album they were doing though.  That would be a crazy thing to keep up.  Rehearsals would be absolute madness.

I don't know where my birth certificate is, in case I need to renew my passport. No definite plans yet for international travel again, but if I ever decide on it, I need to figure out where the hell it is.

FWP: trying to find a version of photoshop I pirated a long time ago but never installed due to not having enough space.  Naturally I search "photoshop" in the search bar... which brings up every fucking jpeg on my hard drive, but not a single file containing the word "photoshop".  I'm new to mac and this sort of non-logic kills me.  It occured to me while writing this that search features tend to like quotation marks when something specific is wanted.  But no.  That doesn't make it do the logical thing either.  

FWP: trying to find a version of photoshop I pirated a long time ago but never installed due to not having enough space.  Naturally I search "photoshop" in the search bar... which brings up every fucking jpeg on my hard drive, but not a single file containing the word "photoshop".  I'm new to mac and this sort of non-logic kills me.  It occured to me while writing this that search features tend to like quotation marks when something specific is wanted.  But no.  That doesn't make it do the logical thing either.  

which version?  search for CS4 maybe?

Thanks for the suggestion.  I think I probably deleted it the install at some point.  Anyway, I got it again, and actually installed it this time.  Getting it to do all the things I wanted to do with it opened up a whole new can of FWP.  But I now have a very rudimentary knowledge of how to use photoshop.  

Eviction date looms and I still haven't found a place.

Last night I went to view a room in a trendy warehouse community. Nice big room with mezzanine platform for the bed, communal studio space, everyone there was a hip and friendly weirdo. £500 a month all bills included, perfect.

They forgot to say in the ad they can't take any more pets as they already have two cats. ffs.

Edited by hello spiral

updated my desktop to 10.12.6 sierra because new version of logic is out and requires at least 10.12.. i'd been on 10.11.6 forever w/no issues so was hesitant.. 

updated, and then computer shit the bed and wouldn't start because kernel panic crash during start up.. removed the pcie card i have for esata/USB3 connection to raid set up and works fine now.. installed newest drivers for the card and reinstalled it.. still crashes.. took card out.. computer works fine.. can't access raid set up obviously so will have to get anew PCIe esata card.  such annoying shit.. thanks apple. 

of course during this process i drank almost whole bottle of wine so i've sluggish and tired and sort of hung over today at work. 

basically just typical tech annyances though right. 

Preordered an audiobook without checking the release date...

2020!!

How long is life

lol.. TOO LONG!

the dog i wanted to adopt says "adoption pending" so i'm too late. 

Edited by ignatius

2020!!

How long is life

lol.. TOO LONG!

Damn. What dog was it?

Using two different spellcheckers on my book and both flag up the most common of words as being incorrect. Examples that are "incorrect":

• spectated
  • mushroom
  • until
  • filmography
  • arse
  • titties

2020!!

How long is life

lol.. TOO LONG!

Damn. What dog was it?

this pomeranian named simon 

Considering selling my gear. Life is punching me in the dick as far as time goes these days. Work all day, deal with kids when I get home. No weekend because I’m watching the little ones while the wife works. Meanwhile, I hate not learning these machines, and just watching them collect dust. What am I saving them for - an imaginary time 5 years from now when I’ll have more time, but more powerful synths will be available to gas for instead? Moments from folding and accepting life is 15 minutes of Netflix before passing out, and any music making can be relegated to iPhone apps while on the shitter.

Considering selling my gear. Life is punching me in the dick as far as time goes these days. Work all day, deal with kids when I get home. No weekend because I’m watching the little ones while the wife works. Meanwhile, I hate not learning these machines, and just watching them collect dust. What am I saving them for - an imaginary time 5 years from now when I’ll have more time, but more powerful synths will be available to gas for instead? Moments from folding and accepting life is 15 minutes of Netflix before passing out, and any music making can be relegated to iPhone apps while on the shitter.

keep them in the attic for when you retire  :smile:

keep them in the attic for when you retire  :smile:

keep them kids in the attic :smile:

200px-Dollanganger01_FlowersInTheAttic.j

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flowers_in_the_Attic

It's been too long since I've done something creative. Need some inspiration I guess, kick in the arse...something.

- A nice walk

- Library/bookstore

- Good movie

- Cannabis

Or go to a show!

Decent shows are few and far between up here I'm afraid. "Shows" in my town are more of a theatrical/musical performance downtown for baby boomer couples in formal attire on a Friday date night.

Edited by ambermonk