IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Impulse bought a cassette tape and currently have no means of playing it, looked into buying a player and it seems that new players are terrible according to reviews. Guess I can buy an old one, but having to track down a good vintage player and (probably) repair it interferes heavily with my laziness.

thats ok

This is somewhat late to post, but I scorched a bag of microwave popcorn last night. Smoke came out of the bag as soon as I opened it and it smelled like burnt cardboard the rest of the night. Good thing the fire alarm didn't sound.

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/health/microwave-popcorn

It's something I tend to buy very rarely. But this is good to know.

Stovetop popcorn whoops microwave popcorn's ass as long as you can ventilate (the aroma is pretty dank).

Admittedly the microwave variety is subpar compared to any popcorn I've had in the theater or from one of those small popcorn makers. Doing it on the stove though...I ought to try that. That method reminds me of a TV show I saw years ago where they were popping sorghum grains or something in a similar manner in some village in Africa (might have been Sudan or Senegal, don't remember). And I can't remember if the show was Andrew Zimmern or Anthony Bordain...one of the two.

Impulse bought a cassette tape and currently have no means of playing it, looked into buying a player and it seems that new players are terrible according to reviews. Guess I can buy an old one, but having to track down a good vintage player and (probably) repair it interferes heavily with my laziness.

I still have my working vintage player that plays vintage material for that authentic vintage feel.

Stovetop popcorn whoops microwave popcorn's ass as long as you can ventilate (the aroma is pretty dank).

Admittedly the microwave variety is subpar compared to any popcorn I've had in the theater or from one of those small popcorn makers. Doing it on the stove though...I ought to try that.
Here's my recipe, don't remember where from:

- Put into heavy-bottom pot, just enough olive oil to cover

- Put pot on range @ medium heat

- Turn the fan on and probably open the window, this shit is dank.

- Drop one kernel roughly in the middle of each quadrant

- When all four kernels pop, remove from heat. Start counting to 30.

- Add 1/3 cup more kernels and a goodly amount of salt, put lid on, and shake/stir vigorously to coat

- Return to heat. Leave the lid just slightly off to release steam (warning: splatter!)

- When pops are a few seconds between, remove from heat again. Turn off range.

- Add optional seasonings (black pepper is nice) stir gently, and eat!

dunoo if this is too serious, but having problems with ocd or SOMETHING... seriously takes a long time to do anything. and it's hard to concentrate

today i felt very shitty but at the moment i'm better :)

I still have my working vintage player that plays vintage material for that authentic vintage feel.

But you aren't truly getting that vintage feel because you don't have truly vintage ears from the 90s, since our bodies regenerate every seven years or so. Not sure how to solve this problem.

Joined a private subscription service for an artist I like and they've released about two of the tracks they promised they would. Just last week they released the November track (the subscription guaranteed one track per month). Kinda lame, seeing as how they're being real strict on banning people for breaking the rules, and yet they are not holding up their side of the bargain. When questioned, they make jokes about it. Haha, we totally are late! Cool, right?

When renewal comes up, definitely not resubscribing.

To be fair: the two tracks posted ARE really good, and substantial. But if they had/do release two minute ambient farts, I would/will be miffed.

Joined a private subscription service for an artist I like and they've released about two of the tracks they promised they would. Just last week they released the November track (the subscription guaranteed one track per month). Kinda lame, seeing as how they're being real strict on banning people for breaking the rules, and yet they are not holding up their side of the bargain. When questioned, they make jokes about it. Haha, we totally are late! Cool, right?

To be fair: the two tracks posted ARE really good, and substantial. But if they had/do release two minute ambient farts, I would/will be miffed.

name and shame

name and shame

Not sure how strict their contract is (I believe it's about sharing the music more than anything else) but I won't yet. If they make up for the tardiness, all will be well. But if they still behind when it comes to cancelling the sub, I will be somewhat saddened and call them out.

Kinda reminds of some Kickstarter projects that are hugely late, and the project runners tell backers 'to be patient'. Oh, and if I was late in paying them, would they like being told 'to be patient'? I suspect not.

Once they have your money, the promises made to get it really don't matter.

That is pretty lame on the part of the artist. Don't willingly promise things to anyone that you can't deliver on, pretty simple philosophy.

Also, can't Kickstarter projects never deliver on anything at all? Like, I think it's set up that once you give them your money technically that's it. They can never deliver anything and face no repercussions or have to pay back anything. It's a bit of a scary system for the consumer (backer, whatever the terminology is).

After listening to that one Agoraphobic Nosebleed compilation for years, the one with their tracks from old splits and comps, I went full OCD and downloaded rips of the original splits etc. and they sound so much better! Been listening to a massively downgraded version for years. It's Agoraphobic Nosebleed so you could go "how much worse can it get" but seriously, it's like night and day

you should Probably Maybe share that comP Maybe

The one that sounds like dogshit is this one, it's on soulseek and everywhere https://www.discogs.com/Agoraphobic-Nosebleed-Bestial-Machinery-ANb-Discography-Vol-1/master/113908

I'm putting together one that doesn't that will be shared in due time (((((legally))))))))

I downloaded one of their albums when I was going through a metal/noise kick a few years back.  And I was listening to a lot of harsh shit, but after hearing their album once in my headphones I was afraid to go back.  I think I've had enough recovery time by now that it should be safe to give it another spin.

A friend's dad has started sending me random video attachments of things he likes on facebook.  Couple music videos and a dog vid in the last week.  Oh yeah... and this weird god-related chain message thing.  It's getting a bit awkward.

I downloaded one of their albums when I was going through a metal/noise kick a few years back.  And I was listening to a lot of harsh shit, but after hearing their album once in my headphones I was afraid to go back.  I think I've had enough recovery time by now that it should be safe to give it another spin.

Frozen Corpse Stuffed With Dope is arguably their best. The Poacher Diaries (a split with converge) is fun too.

I do love me some Converge.  Saw them open for Mastodon and Metalocalyse.  The vocalist just screamed "FUCK" over and over again for every single song.  It was literally the only word he sang for the whole set.  Converge and Mastodon did both got screwed for sound, while Metalocalypse sounded crystal clear.  I got the impression they were the only act that had a sound tech.  Kind of surprising, considering Mastodon had quite a bit of commercial success at the time.  They had released Crack the Skye several months earlier.

was going to stop eating meat again in the new year (picked the habit up in vegas at the beginning of dec). instead i've gone full keto as a quick weight loss thing. it's absolutely disgusting to eat nothing but meat and fat and lose ~10lbs in a little over a week. i didn't even hardly do any cardio because it snowed and i was only able to ride to work one day last week.

i feel so gross

but i look so good

^I've been doing intermittent dry fasting (five meals per week, on the nights before the five mornings I hit the gym). Has felt really good so far! Going to keep it up until I get to the point where I stop making strength gains at the gym, or I start feeling too lean to be able to keep fasting without getting hella catabolic. Whichever comes first.

(keep in mind though that i've naturally gravitated towards OMAD eating patterns since I was a teenager so I'm pretty adapted to eating a fuckpile of food & then not eating for a few days. might not work for errbody)

FWP: i seem to be undergoing a semi-automatic process of questioning everything that's happened in my life up until now, specifcally anything that felt "deep" or important (falling in love, artistic drives, spiritual revelations etc). Like many things that once seemed special & magical & unique to me, I'm now beginning to regard as fairly standard parts of the human experience, not all that much different from going to university or getting your first job or whatever.

uhh...hard to fully describe the feeling in words. Something to do with archetypes. Like, some people might get a "become a CEO" archetype & feel like they're on some kind of special path, others might get a "become an artist" archetype & feel likewise. like maybe everything about me & every other person is just a particular configuration of genetic pre-dispositions conditioning you to play a particular role in the tribe, and it just feels way bigger than that because society has gotten so complex compared to 10k years ago.

i dunno i feel like what i'm experiencing is diminishing the scope of my life up until now, but in the long run it'll be a good thing because i'll be able to set outside my own experience to some degree. Anything intense that comes up I'll be able to go "oh yeah it's one of these, here's how we can navigate this well, don't go getting swept up in it now"