IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

coworker refuses to cover his mouth when he coughs and his spewing his sick all over everything

I have a friend who does this.  They're generally considerate otherwise, but when it comes to coughing or sneezing they just fire away.  It's really weird, especially because they are paranoid of getting sick themselves.  

coworker refuses to cover his mouth when he coughs and his spewing his sick all over everything

I have a friend who does this.  They're generally considerate otherwise, but when it comes to coughing or sneezing they just fire away.  It's really weird, especially because they are paranoid of getting sick themselves.  

Probably afraid they're gonna get their own germs on them and get sick all over again in an endlessly repeating loop.

Weeeeeeeeird. I can't even imagine not covering my mouth when sneezing or coughing. My sneezes are so aggressive that when I cover my mouth I also kinda keep my head in place... otherwise I would probably get a whiplash.

I just have too many books that I'm never going to read again. Most of them don't even have any monetary value or are too specialized to try to sell. But I don't want to just throw them away..

I just have too many books that I'm never going to read again. Most of them don't even have any monetary value or are too specialized to try to sell. But I don't want to just throw them away..

Donate to your local library maybe, or hit a book exchange site/subreddit

Donate to your local library maybe, or hit a book exchange site/subreddit

Libraries here don't take donations I think. Maybe I'll check. The hospitals do sometimes. Problem is that most of them are in English, which means that it's unlikely that a hospital or a library would accept them and there's books like Crowley's "Diary of A Drug Fiend", some of Shulgin's works, systems and control theory, electronics, etc so I don't think they would accept them anyway. :D Anyway, I think I have given away, traded, sold, just dropped off, etc more than 100 books in the last few years so I can possibly find new homes for some of these also but it's slow. 

Picked a bad spot at the coffee shop and now there's glare like a motherfucker on my tablet and even after cleaning it well, the glare is still annoying as shit but I don't want to get up and move and it seem like I'm trying to avoid people sitting nearby. 

edit: and now they just mopped all around me (they do that all times of day here even when it's not needed, that's another story as to why...) and now my coffee tastes like mopwater because of course our noses are taste buds are intrinsically linked in our brains.

Also, do I win 'most SFWP post ever' because I think this one puts me in the running, at least. It'd be an honor just to be nominated, truly.

Edited by auxien

Picked a bad spot at the coffee shop and now there's glare like a motherfucker on my tablet and even after cleaning it well, the glare is still annoying as shit but I don't want to get up and move and it seem like I'm trying to avoid people sitting nearby. 

edit: and now they just mopped all around me (they do that all times of day here even when it's not needed, that's another story as to why...) and now my coffee tastes like mopwater because of course our noses are taste buds are intrinsically linked in our brains.

Also, do I win 'most SFWP post ever' because I think this one puts me in the running, at least. It'd be an honor just to be nominated, truly.

you win.. that sounds fucking awful. mopwater infused nostrils while drinking coffee is just a thing that ruins it entirely.. you should in the least be compensated with a free coffee.. they  should also ask everyone else but you to leave the coffee shop... they should also turn down the music to where it's just loud enough to drown out the idle chatter of the staff so you don't have to try to block out their stupid banal conversations... 

for serious. 

you win.. that sounds fucking awful. mopwater infused nostrils while drinking coffee is just a thing that ruins it entirely.. you should in the least be compensated with a free coffee.. they  should also ask everyone else but you to leave the coffee shop... they should also turn down the music to where it's just loud enough to drown out the idle chatter of the staff so you don't have to try to block out their stupid banal conversations... 

for serious. 

I don't know...I'd like to think my "angry birds is slow" post on the first page is up for serious consideration.

for serious. 

I don't know...I'd like to think my "angry birds is slow" post on the first page is up for serious consideration.

lol

there's so many contenders. 

Yeah we had some freezing rain the day before yesterday. Came out of the office and my car was encased in ice. Then it snowed. So ice covered roads with snow overtop to hide it. Great driving conditions.

have a load of coins & small bills from tips - now what? It’s over 200€, how do I get this into my bank account? I want to just dump it on someone’s desk who will look baffled but then proceed to inject the coins into my bank account, someone whose job that is. But have a feeling this is not how this works...? ?

When my loose change jar is full I usually spend a free morning or 2 filling these with coins. Ask your bank for those plastic tubes. My mother used to work at a bank and told us some people would go there with a fuckton of coins and expect her to waste her time counting them, and get mad when she wouldn't...

ok so went to my bank today and asked - they handed me some special plastic “safe bag” and asked me to just put everything inside and then carry it to a bigger branch like 10km away - are you kidding me..? they would then have it collected there, shipped to some central location, have it counted, and finally transferrred into my account within days. For the little fee of 7.50. Uhhh no thanks?

So, went to 4 different stores and asked if they need coins/change, it worked, a Döner guy was the best, he counted some smaller coins up to 100€ and handed me a bill.. finally took the bills and made a deposit at a grocery store.

dunno, pretty sure this shit used to be less complicated in the past...?

I'd have thought at least some of your banks would have a machine that takes coins, counts them and gives you cash or a receipt to take to a teller for an equivalent deposit into your account, at no charge. CommBank here does this.

There's a fly hanging out on my desk, but I'm not sure whether or not I should give it a name. I thought about naming it Henson, but the moment it leaves it would be impossible to identify it as the same fly again.

There's a fly hanging out on my desk, but I'm not sure whether or not I should give it a name. I thought about naming it Henson, but the moment it leaves it would be impossible to identify it as the same fly again.

name it Raisin that way you'll know a flying Raisin.

All I want is to buy a decent, comfortable pair of track pants, and yet somehow in the last 5 years or so the entire clothing industry decided that they're only going to make those stupid looking tapered ones with ankle sleeves.