IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

It's been too long since I've done something creative. Need some inspiration I guess, kick in the arse...something.

- A nice walk

- Library/bookstore

- Good movie

- Cannabis

Or go to a show!

Decent shows are few and far between up here I'm afraid. "Shows" in my town are more of a theatrical/musical performance downtown for baby boomer couples in formal attire on a Friday date night.

that can still be inspiring.. just in a different way. 

It's been too long since I've done something creative. Need some inspiration I guess, kick in the arse...something.

- A nice walk

- Library/bookstore

- Good movie

- Cannabis

Or go to a show!

Decent shows are few and far between up here I'm afraid. "Shows" in my town are more of a theatrical/musical performance downtown for baby boomer couples in formal attire on a Friday date night.

that can still be inspiring.. just in a different way.

Yeah I'm not really into musicals but I enjoy all that high culturr stuff when the opportunity arises. One of the most inspiring things I've seen in recent years was a world-class violinist. Her encore was mindblowing, still get goosebumps thinking of it.

when ur coat/jacket sleeve is a bit wet from the weather and u have to put ur Apple Watch into underwater mode so that ur sleeve doesn’t wake & operate the touch screen, but then if u want to use the damn thing u have to put it out of underwater mode first. Urrrrkkkk!

when ur coat/jacket sleeve is a bit wet from the weather and u have to put ur Apple Watch into underwater mode so that ur sleeve doesn’t wake & operate the touch screen, but then if u want to use the damn thing u have to put it out of underwater mode first. Urrrrkkkk!

def a true fwp lol

anyone have ebay knowledge ?

i bought my phone on ebay and it's not up to snuff, i contacted the seller on returning it and they say they'll offer an exchange

but i want my money back

??? ANYONE?

anyone have ebay knowledge ?

i bought my phone on ebay and it's not up to snuff, i contacted the seller on returning it and they say they'll offer an exchange

but i want my money back

??? ANYONE?

OK, returning phone because the touch screen isn't working properly 

first noticed problem when i put a screen protector on it and it failed to work, took the screen off still wonky

listen to these crooks:

Hi

I do apologize, but we do not give refunds on items that had glasses and other things installed on them, we will cover it under our warranty, but if there was an issue with the screen nothing should have been put on the phone, we will get you what you paid for I assure you, but no refund.

yeah, must have. sure as hell wasn't me

i had just been planning on buying a new pixel 2 phone after this but now i can't really justify doing that having two phones.

I just listened to an album recorded at the most high end studio in this city, by a band I know.  The studio has got to have over $100,000 worth of cool analogue gear, a fantastic room for drums.  They charge about $100/hour and get tons of business.  Yet the recording itself sounds completely lifeless... like no aspect about it pops out in an exciting way.  Everything just sounds really soft and sanitized. The parts that should rock out just float around.  No character.  They somehow managed to make these extremely dynamic songs sound completely flat, and that's without even venturing into loudness war territory - it all sounds quiet.  I just don't get it...  Like... how is this even possible?  And how do they get away with it?  They've got all the gear and none of the artistry.  I feel bad for my talented friend, who's extremely gifted as a vocalist, and a pretty decent songwriter to boot.  But he keeps getting matched up with professional people who are just the wrong fit for what he's doing.  It should be so much greater than it is.  Gaaah.  :wtf:   

Also, this douche-bro cop pulls over, interrupts my album listening and starts interrogating me about what I'm doing walking around past midnight.  I was so fucking furious that they had the audacity to interrupt me when I'm just out trying to relax with some music, and I don't think I did a good job of hiding my irritation. 

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going for a walk - with my music." *holds up headphones*

"There aren't many people out at this hour."

"That's why I like it. It's peaceful."

"Do you live around here?"

"Yes, on ____."

"This side or that side of _____."

"That side."

"Do you work?"

-wtf-

"Yes, I work."

"Don't you think you'll be tired in the morning?"

-WTF-

"Well I don't work tomorrow, and when I do work it's in the afternoon."

"Oh.  Well I just gotta make sure you're not up to no good, hur-hur-hur.  That's all then, you can go, hur-hur-hur..." 

Other cop in driver's seat: "dhur-hur-hur-hur..."  :crazy:

Then they drive off as I grimace and wave awkwardly.  They reminded me of every idiot jock I went to high school with.  

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

I got a new (used) washing machine a few weeks ago and had to replace the discharge hose because it had a small rip. The washer is nice, but its 5 years old and I can't find the exact replacement i need, so bought a universal hose. It does not sit snug at all, and twice now it has dislodged in the middle of the drain cycle. The entire laundry room (which is an open space near the carpeted living room) just flooded. I soaked, swept and mopped an inch of standing water outta there with the few resources i had - almost all the towels were IN the wash - but I'm sure there'll be lasting damage.

I'm supposed to host an event here in like 3 hours, the front of the house is now littered with drenched belongings, i have no clean clothes, and I am simply way too hungover for this.

I just listened to an album recorded at the most high end studio in this city, by a band I know.  The studio has got to have over $100,000 worth of cool analogue gear, a fantastic room for drums.  They charge about $100/hour and get tons of business.  Yet the recording itself sounds completely lifeless... like no aspect about it pops out in an exciting way.  Everything just sounds really soft and sanitized. The parts that should rock out just float around.  No character.  They somehow managed to make these extremely dynamic songs sound completely flat, and that's without even venturing into loudness war territory - it all sounds quiet.  I just don't get it...  Like... how is this even possible?  And how do they get away with it?  They've got all the gear and none of the artistry.  I feel bad for my talented friend, who's extremely gifted as a vocalist, and a pretty decent songwriter to boot.  But he keeps getting matched up with professional people who are just the wrong fit for what he's doing.  It should be so much greater than it is.  Gaaah.  :wtf:   

Also, this douche-bro cop pulls over, interrupts my album listening and starts interrogating me about what I'm doing walking around past midnight.  I was so fucking furious that they had the audacity to interrupt me when I'm just out trying to relax with some music, and I don't think I did a good job of hiding my irritation. 

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going for a walk - with my music." *holds up headphones*

"There aren't many people out at this hour."

"That's why I like it. It's peaceful."

"Do you live around here?"

"Yes, on ____."

"This side or that side of _____."

"That side."

"Do you work?"

-wtf-

"Yes, I work."

"Don't you think you'll be tired in the morning?"

-WTF-

"Well I don't work tomorrow, and when I do work it's in the afternoon."

"Oh.  Well I just gotta make sure you're not up to no good, hur-hur-hur.  That's all then, you can go, hur-hur-hur..." 

Other cop in driver's seat: "dhur-hur-hur-hur..."  :crazy:

Then they drive off as I grimace and wave awkwardly.  They reminded me of every idiot jock I went to high school with.  

I've had similarly irritating experiences wi Oak Bay Cops in the AM presumably bored outta their minds. Will tell you aboot it sometime.

I got a new (used) washing machine a few weeks ago and had to replace the discharge hose because it had a small rip. The washer is nice, but its 5 years old and I can't find the exact replacement i need, so bought a universal hose. It does not sit snug at all, and twice now it has dislodged in the middle of the drain cycle. The entire laundry room (which is an open space near the carpeted living room) just flooded. I soaked, swept and mopped an inch of standing water outta there with the few resources i had - almost all the towels were IN the wash - but I'm sure there'll be lasting damage.

I'm supposed to host an event here in like 3 hours, the front of the house is now littered with drenched belongings, i have no clean clothes, and I am simply way too hungover for this.

shiiit

i have a similar problem err same theme. i just realized i've been using non he detergent in an he washing machine. i'm usually so good at details like that but fuck, i've been using the same big container for ages now and over half way through it. 

Two pages of space to synopsize a story that features multiple overlapping narratives, multiple themes and ideas, is told in non-linear fashion, skips between fictional worlds and fictional worlds within the fictional world and uses multiple styles to do it all? H E L L.

Been working on it for five days and it's still an unwieldy mess. Might as well paint a sign to my head stating "unsellable literary guff".

edit: Oh, and the sofa I ordered is going to be delivered while I am at work. God damn it. I can get home to receive it and back to work again, but it's going to be a mess. Everything's a mess!

Edited by Bechuga

shiiit

i have a similar problem err same theme. i just realized i've been using non he detergent in an he washing machine. i'm usually so good at details like that but fuck, i've been using the same big container for ages now and over half way through it.

has that messed up the washer in any noticeable way? Mine is the same and I'm not 100% sure my detergent cuts the sudsy mustard...

Just started another cycle on this thing...wish me luck :catsalute:

Two pages of space to synopsize a story that features multiple overlapping narratives, multiple themes and ideas, is told in non-linear fashion, skips between fictional worlds and fictional worlds within the fictional world and uses multiple styles to do it all? H E L L.

Been working on it for five days and it's still an unwieldy mess. Might as well paint a sign to my head stating "unsellable literary guff".

edit: Oh, and the sofa I ordered is going to be delivered while I am at work. God damn it. I can get home to receive it and back to work again, but it's going to be a mess. Everything's a mess!

Trying to cram your complex story into a short synopsis sounds fun to me, but I'm a weirdo. :)

shiiit

has that messed up the washer in any noticeable way? Mine is the same and I'm not 100% sure my detergent cuts the sudsy mustard...

Just started another cycle on this thing...wish me luck :catsalute:

not wrecked yet  :wacko: