IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Got a flat tire on my bike. Tried to replace the tube but ended up tearing part of it, rendering it useless. Had to take a bus to a train to get to/from work. It takes 2 hours to get home every day  :catface:

FWP: trying desperately to [covertly] get my future MIL to stay in a bed & breakfast instead of in my 350 SF two-room house. she's here for a week.

a week is a long long time in MIL terms, thats 604800 seconds, you could even lob a few zeros on the end it'd make no real difference to your unendurable suffering

get her in the B&B, that way she cant inspect every aspect of your home, decor & relationship with her offspring, plus those awkward meal times

stifling

thank you for your sympathies

this has blown up in my face. yadda yadda yadda, everyone's mad and MIL wants to sleep in a van in the front yard while I play the part of Moustachioed Vaudeville Devil from my warm bedroom. i never asked for this.

Let her in you fool

I'm trying to cram a lot of dense sonic details into a small space whilst keeping distortion to an acceptable minimum.  There's always a way, but finding it's a bitch.  And it's not even the loudness wars that's too blame - it's these goddamn low volume portable devices.  If the output on these things were just a little higher, I wouldn't stress so much about having a loud mix. 

FWP: trying desperately to [covertly] get my future MIL to stay in a bed & breakfast instead of in my 350 SF two-room house. she's here for a week.

a week is a long long time in MIL terms, thats 604800 seconds, you could even lob a few zeros on the end it'd make no real difference to your unendurable suffering

get her in the B&B, that way she cant inspect every aspect of your home, decor & relationship with her offspring, plus those awkward meal times

stifling

this has blown up in my face. yadda yadda yadda, everyone's mad and MIL wants to sleep in a van in the front yard while I play the part of Moustachioed Vaudeville Devil from my warm bedroom. i never asked for this.

Let her in you fool

lol, of course she's sleeping inside, i wasn't gonna stand for that nonsense. pre-dawn, just waltzed right by her with my jazz swingin' free in some rather revealing long johns. 

stifling

Let her in you fool

lol, of course she's sleeping inside, i wasn't gonna stand for that nonsense. pre-dawn, just waltzed right by her with my jazz swingin' free in some rather revealing long johns. 

rather revealing long johns? does not compute

you mean you left your buttflap open?

No+butt+flap+_1e587234956e5d233b6c8d5291

Got turned down for the full-time position I had been doing as an intern for 8 months because of their bureaucratic bullshit & overly-complicated hiring process done by HR completely outside of the department with no input from my boss and thier inability to fully read a cover letter...

On the plus side, realizing this may be an out to a place I didn't really want to work at anyway....

But it also means I have to start really jobhunting again... I hate the jobhunting/interview process.

Edited by ghOsty

New roomie is listening to Burial on yt from his laptop speakers.

a) every Burial song is the same

b) that song is annoying af

c) why would you even listen to this with zero bass

d) he’s new so I’ll let it slide this time *fistpump*

went out to dinner with a group of friends tonight. when someone asked me what i would be doing later that night, i made a gagging gesture with my hands cause i was so full i felt like i was going to puke. 

i think i offended a couple people but, fuck it , YOLO.

have a load of coins & small bills from tips - now what? It’s over 200€, how do I get this into my bank account? I want to just dump it on someone’s desk who will look baffled but then proceed to inject the coins into my bank account, someone whose job that is. But have a feeling this is not how this works...? ?

have a load of coins & small bills from tips - now what? It’s over 200€, how do I get this into my bank account? I want to just dump it on someone’s desk who will look baffled but then proceed to inject the coins into my bank account, someone whose job that is. But have a feeling this is not how this works...?

they have a thing here, coinstar - you dump all of your coins into a machine and for a small fee (couple bucks) it spits out large denomination bills. Usually at the grocery store or whatever.

have a load of coins & small bills from tips - now what? It’s over 200€, how do I get this into my bank account? I want to just dump it on someone’s desk who will look baffled but then proceed to inject the coins into my bank account, someone whose job that is. But have a feeling this is not how this works...? ?

When my loose change jar is full I usually spend a free morning or 2 filling these with coins. Ask your bank for those plastic tubes. My mother used to work at a bank and told us some people would go there with a fuckton of coins and expect her to waste her time counting them, and get mad when she wouldn't...

coworker refuses to cover his mouth when he coughs and his spewing his sick all over everything

Refuses? Did you ask him to cover his mouth?

nope. i ended up going home early.