IGNORED

Auteqatsi = Koyannisqatsi + Ae score

Guest Billov

Titter, we did one of our live sets with Koyaanisqatsi as a backing video and noone batted an eyelid as apparently the music fitted perfectly (It was a last minute decision as the VJ didn't turn up. We just bunged the DVD into a projector and we couldn't see it from our POV !). Proof that any music moderately slow will fit with that film !

Guest Billov

Titter, we did one of our live sets with Koyaanisqatsi as a backing video and noone batted an eyelid as apparently the music fitted perfectly (It was a last minute decision as the VJ didn't turn up. We just bunged the DVD into a projector and we couldn't see it from our POV !). Proof that any music moderately slow will fit with that film !

I don't doubt this... but its still a nice selection of tracks to fit the visuals. Some of the video parts are blocked over my side, so I asked the dude who uploaded them and he gave me a download link of all the parts.

http://dl.dropbox.co...9/Auteqatsi.rar

pretty low youtube quality, but if anyones getting mgm blocked messages this is worth a shot.

Actually, Godfrey [Director] did a very smart thing. He said, "I'm gonna show you the movie [Koyaanisqatsi], what I've done, I'm gonna show it to you twice. Once with an electronic score that I've gotten, and once with your music. And he showed it to me both times and he said, "Well, as you can see, your music works much better". So, what could I say? (laughs) Basically, I had said yes. So, I was interested and I said, "Oh, this is something I can do".

Is this the lost electronic score? After reading the topic title, I very excitedly clicked the thread and watched the first video. But I really wasn't that impressed. It was a good idea, but for a piece of music to really work with Koyaanisqatsi, it has to be composed especially. But that's just me.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't doubt this... but its still a nice selection of tracks to fit the visuals. Some of the video parts are blocked over my side, so I asked the dude who uploaded them and he gave me a download link of all the parts.

http://dl.dropbox.co...9/Auteqatsi.rar

pretty low youtube quality, but if anyones getting mgm blocked messages this is worth a shot.

Thanks mate!

• 2 months later...

God I loved that movie. I always thought BoC would work well as a substitute because the movie is a little old.

For this beginning part, I still prefer that mesmerizing, simple melody that Mr. Glass employs

In a whole, I feel like something from Draft 7.30 or Confield would work GREAT for the high energy part near the end of the film.

There's my two cents

• 2 years later...

Archived