IGNORED

Top 3 Aphex live acts

cern

Guest CapriBuddha

I couldn't pretend to feign a certain misrepresentation that our concordance is something whose falsity of erroneousness I don't not disagree with in all inverity.

1. Rome 2002

2. Slam tent at T in the park 2008

3. Metz 2010

This is going to be lopsided as the events that people have attended will likely claim these the best, I thought this thrad was going to be based of recordings ppl had heard, I guess it still could be

The Coachella set in 2008

The Torino set in 2005

I can't really think of a third one because these two get the most replays out of all the other live recordings.

Pukkelpop set with Luke Vibert 2002, Snowbombing set 2005 and Torino 2005 (couldn't choose) are the best recordings for me. And the best gig of the three that I went to was at Paard van Troje, Den Hague in 2007, before he started to gig massively and his sets got the same buildup, etc. Also without any visuals, just a great long set (2.5 hours).

The Coachella set in 2008

The Torino set in 2005

I can't really think of a third one because these two get the most replays out of all the other live recordings.

Agreed, I love those recordings and the video for Torino.

I need to listen to more live sets, I remember hearing "girl/boy song" on the Triple J broadcast and loving all the little sound differences between that and the original.

1. Rome 2002

2. Slam tent at T in the park 2008

3. Metz 2010

This is going to be lopsided as the events that people have attended will likely claim these the best, I thought this thrad was going to be based of recordings ppl had heard, I guess it still could be

This.

This thread sucks.

From personal experience.... Warehouse Project has kicked the crap out of every other time I've seen him, crowd went mad both times.

Honourable mentions - The second year of Glade, incredible. Reading Festival in 2002 for sheer WTF value. Bloc w/Hecker was very cool.

Other times I've seen him have been good but not essential. The gig at Matter, London was eclipsed totally by Warehouse Project, and Bestival a few years back was plagued by noise issues.

Here's 12...

1. Dublin early 00's. Cylob donned a banana costume on stage and danced his socks off - RDJ played "beep street" and the place went mental

2. Forbidden Fruit this year was amazing for playing 40 mins of chilled at the start including autechres vlremix and then bam..... classic Aphex acid techno

3. Warp Hackney rave around 2004.. off me bins, pure jungle madness

4. Sonar 2001 for the sheer noise assault

5. Glade 2 Aphex techno

6. STRP with Hecker was amazerama as squarepusher also played as did ceephax and snares!

7. ATP set is very bloody classic... and intro'd by John Peel to boot. I later dance to vsnare beside RDJ and witnessed him getting weetabix the next morning. Wow

8. Olympia Theatre Dublin around 2000 - acid trip for me to an uncharacteristic ambient set from Aphex... I think!....

9. Dublin around 2004 @ temple bar music centre... brilliant brilliant brililiant - i wore a Windowlicker wig

10. Sonar 2003 - Can't remember this one but it was probably amazing

11. Glade 2001 was out of site.. but i was shroomed off my box, so....

12. Oxegen.... for being able to record it, for squarepusher tracks... for the love of the crowd for RDJ

... and the ones i didn't attend.. Torino, Coachella, Norway, Copenhagen, Japan, Paris... they're all brilliant for all their own reasons!!

the metz set is lovely. first, for that unreleased tune. second, because it was the 1st time i heard those techno & selected ambient works mash-ups which appeared in the following shows.

Metz from the recording but RockNess 2010 was a great gig too with similar tracks as well, but the lucky French got a longer set, in fact the very last track on Metz is one of my favourite tracks, the female vocal sample, the hammer on the anvil type sample and the nutty drum n bass with the cool bass synth outro before it gets cut off suddenly.

Forbidden Fruit 2011 Dublin

Drill n Bass - Youtube clip either from New York or Dublin I think from 2003.

Metz from the recording but RockNess 2010 was a great gig too with similar tracks as well, but the lucky French got a longer set, in fact the very last track on Metz is one of my favourite tracks, the female vocal sample, the hammer on the anvil type sample and the nutty drum n bass with the cool bass synth outro before it gets cut off suddenly.

Forbidden Fruit 2011 Dublin

Drill n Bass - Youtube clip either from New York or Dublin I think from 2003.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USzFS5mwDSY

I almost yelled "REWIND" at work while listening to that

Archived