IGNORED

Comic Books / Graphic Novels thread

Rubin Farr

Picked up issue 3 of The Fade Out today...also book 4 of Alan Moore's run of Swamp Thing

thefadeout_03_web72.jpgswamp_thing.jpg

At the reccomendation of the shop owner picked up this one... Tooth & Claw issue 1, looks like more of a fantasy title, not usually my thing nor am I familliar with the writer, but the shop owner does have good taste... So, I'll give it a read and report back, the artwork looks well done.

ToothandClaw01_Cover_OPT.jpg

Picked up the rest of the Alan Moore's run of Swamp Thing yesterday, along with Batman: The Black Mirror.

I think I'll go for the old school swamp thing soon, read so many good things about it

I'm on book 4 currently it's been a fun read, Moore's writing is great as expected, and the artwork is awesome. Also helps enjoyment if you have a bit of Constantine knowledge as it ties in here and there.

Picked up the rest of the Alan Moore's run of Swamp Thing yesterday, along with Batman: The Black Mirror.

I think I'll go for the old school swamp thing soon, read so many good things about it

I'm on book 4 currently it's been a fun read, Moore's writing is great as expected, and the artwork is awesome. Also helps enjoyment if you have a bit of Constantine knowledge as it ties in here and there.

I'm fine with the odd storyline tie in. This is what grates me with the latest New 52 stuff - so many tie ins, constantly, means a single comic is difficult to follow for an extended period of time without having to read up on others. I get that they want to sell more comics by making you buy other volumes, but its really starting to put me off.

Guest bitroast

Sandman Overture #4 out today

haha nice I will buy it forshure..

((been buying them but holding off reading until I have them all. shoulda just got the trade paperback ; this feels so dumb haha... :(

tumblr_mbnlektPpg1rq3prxo1_1280.jpg

les_compagnons_du_crepuscule_t3_illus3.j

754531b3bb00f894954ea490a96dca66.jpg

Just finished The Twilight Companions by François Bourgeon. I read the two firsts books several years ago and didn't know there's a third one (being twice longer as the other ones). It's a medieval series with a hint of fantasy, happening during the french 100 years war. It's quite dark and raw, the dialogues are extremely dense (he used old french so there are a lot of expressions you never heard but that you understand with the context). François Bourgeon is also known for The Passenger Of The Wind and the Cyan Saga. The drawings are incredible I heard he makes huge amounts of researches before to draw stuff.

I was so happy to discover this third book, it's really one of the best thing I read since a long time

Anyone read ODY-C #1? There were like 12 pages missing from the digital edition, so I have idea what the fuck I read. It was gorgeous though. I'll check later to see if it's been fixed.

I recommend it to the Euro Comics bros upthread.

Edited by doublename

About to finish the run of Alan Moore's Swamp Thing tonight, I'm kinda sad it's the end, it's been a great read. Are the other renditions of Swamp Thing any good?