IGNORED

My latest origami creation

bronchuseven

Old school-wattm'rs will perhaps remember my previous origami threads. I have a new piece made from some vinyl folders I found with really sweet designs printed on them (see nopattern.com).

This guy's made from 20 strips - no glue or tape needed to hold it together.

pentag10.jpg

Corner-centred view.

triang10.jpg

Edge-centred view.

cubic810.jpg

These books weigh over 15 lbs. The shape distorts, but is restored once the weight is removed.

squash10.jpg

Am I too late to win IDM-as-fuck thing of the year?

Great work, bronchuseven!

I love this shit. I actually know what that shape is called, and I've very recently got back into the whole origami thing. I used to make polyhedra by cutting out templates and sticking them together. I still have quite a collection.

This is something I made a couple of weeks ago:

(edit: Here's a slightly better picture:)

XIBSX.jpg

Your approach is quite inspiring. I need to get some coloured sheets of paper, maybe with some of those cool patterns you used.

I'm currently working on something big made from Sonobe units, which I'll show you when I'm done.

Nice, that's the Sonobe unit I remember, all right. Might I recommend using multiple colours? You don't have to buy "origami" paper - construction paper will work just fine, and really add a new dimension to your finished work.

Great work, bronchuseven!

I love this shit. I actually know what that shape is called, and I've very recently got back into the whole origami thing. I used to make polyhedra by cutting out templates and sticking them together. I still have quite a collection.

This is something I made a couple of weeks ago:

(edit: Here's a slightly better picture:)

XIBSX.jpg

Your approach is quite inspiring. I need to get some coloured sheets of paper, maybe with some of those cool patterns you used.

I'm currently working on something big made from Sonobe units, which I'll show you when I'm done.

That's pretty cool.

Well, the piece in the first post is for sale. Or were you talking to Rhombix?

I was talking to you. I get paid in 3 weeks or so. I would happily give you money for one of these creations.

Archived