IGNORED

Last Step - Sleep

cear

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Xyrem.. Where have I seen that word before?

Xylem.

isn't that part of a plant or something?

=/

Edit: too lazy to google

xylem tube ep

Xylem.

=/

aphex

Xylem.

=/

Yes. Xylem and Phloem. They act sort of like a circulatory system. Xylem transports mostly water while phloem transports mostly nutrients.

the samples sometimes sound like the more dissonant/moody analord tracks

awesome synthwork, i really really like the sound of these jams.

this sounds really good. i like it when he's half asleep

lol I don't think he was actually half asleep when making this. I'm pretty sure he's taking a piss, figuratively. You know... like on his one release he said something like "this one song I composed almost entirely on tweeters"... This one he's basically saying "this is what I make in my sleep".

If that makes any sense. Seems like his type of humour.

lol I don't think he was actually half asleep when making this. I'm pretty sure he's taking a piss, figuratively. You know... like on his one release he said something like "this one song I composed almost entirely on tweeters"... This one he's basically saying "this is what I make in my sleep".

If that makes any sense. Seems like his type of humour.

oh stephen you spoil all the fun :(

xyrofen

Don't make me think Aaron named a song after me or something. My ego couldn't take it.

first word that came to my mind was your nickname...

Xylem.

=/

Yes. Xylem and Phloem. They act sort of like a circulatory system. Xylem transports mostly water while phloem transports mostly nutrients.

Xyrem (sodium oxybate) is a prescription medication manufactured by Jazz Pharmaceuticals, and is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of cataplexy associated with narcolepsy[1] and Excessive Daytime Sleepiness (EDS) associated with narcolepsy.[2] Sodium oxybate is the sodium salt of γ-hydroxybutyric acid.

Jazz

Pharmacueticals

ditto! can't wait!

i'm a total Last Step buff ever since that first EP came out, what, 7 years ago? (You're A Nice Girl)

(also, that's a roofie reference in the last track's title innit)

New snares album is always a nice surprise. It's nice and new and I like 1961 as well, but I can't get into his acid stuff like I can his breakcore. It's too busy to be relaxing and easy to listen to but it also lacks the explosive energy that makes his breakcore work. I'd love him to make a mellow, dreamy [ambient] album, but this isn't it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Balance

Anyone else been listening to the samples every day?

I can't wait for this, it's just what I need.

ditto! can't wait!

i'm a total Last Step buff ever since that first EP came out, what, 7 years ago? (You're A Nice Girl)

(also, that's a roofie reference in the last track's title innit)

His first EP is "Bhavani EP", downloaded from project168.co.uk, out in 2006... After two nice albums "Last Step" (2007, with the track 'You're a Nice Girl' & "1961" (2008) as you all know.

I like Last Step, less some music's Vsnares.

Since 2008 until 2012 : wooooooow! Aaron Funk let Last Step 2 sleep... until this year! & with a new album named "Sleep"... Nice... OK, I'll buy it... Thanks 4 the info! ;-)

Guest texan whip

Is this guy still releasing three albums a year? I've never really liked his stuff - too much filler. He seems more focused on quantity rather than quality. I dunno - most of what I've heard just sounds like random noise with vague beats to me. I'd probably get more entertainment locking David Blunkett in a room full of pots and pans and listening through the keyhole to the ensuing chaos!

Archived