IGNORED

Madonna - MDNA

We at WATMM can't hide under a rock and pretend it isn't happening; Madonna is releasing a new album. Her many-splendored career has straddled electronica among many other disparate genres. For better or for worse, her prominence in the industry and ability to remain relevant are the subject or equal parts reverence and disdain.

Madonna-MDNA-album-cover.jpg

I'm not a big fan of the first single, nor the producers that she's jumped on the shoulders of this time around; but Ray of Light was one of the biggest albums around for me in High School and I still occasionally listen to it; really solid album.

So please, ruminate over Madonna and her place in the musical cosmos...

huge maddy fan here. so huge i liked the first single. it reminds me of true blue a bit in its playfulness.

true blue is my top 5 album of the 80s, so yeah.

but there is no way this album is not a stinker, though.

Kavinsky's tweet the other day was funny, though.

KΔVINϟKY

@iamKAVINSKY

sorry Madonna, i can't remix that track, it's pure crap.

tags: reptilian illuminati masonic skeletor red strings kaballah monolith welcome

She is lookin' a tad gaunt these days...

funnypic-madonna.jpg

I'd chalk it up to constant, nigh obsessive, exercise to maintain an at least least slightly desirable physique at 50+.

Ray Of Light is still pretty awesome. It was the first album to come out after training for Evita and the vocals are on point. But I think that has faded with each new album.

Now she is basically churning out club music which I think is a strategy to appeal to her largest growth market. Or it's just easier than making a well-thought-out pop record. I'll give the new release a twirl when it comes out most likely, but something tells me it's going to be another "take it or leave it". Looks like there will be more beats by William Orbit (how filthy rich is this guy now by the way?) and Benny Benassi as well.

ALSO.... Madonna - Bedtime Story (Orbital Mix)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h44AGRkobIU

Guest kokeboka

Madonna by now is widely accepted a pop culture icon, and wealthy enough to pursue her other interests outside music - I don't get why she feels the need to keep churning out albums. It seems obvious she's not trying to break ground or reinvent pop music anymore, and she risks ridicule to some extent (like at the superbowl half time gig). Granted you don't really need to be aiming for awesome to be entitled to make music, but still she has a status and the means to do a lot better.

tags: reptilian illuminati masonic skeletor red strings kaballah monolith welcome

She is lookin' a tad gaunt these days...

funnypic-madonna.jpg

I'd chalk it up to constant, nigh obsessive, exercise to maintain an at least least slightly desirable physique at 50+.

who gives a shit?

i have yet to get mdna, but i'm not expecting much after the pile of shit that was hard candy... it was really tough seeing her go from confessions to that.

Bedtime Stories was tha Madonna joint when I was in high school. That wasn't too bad, I guess.

I remember seeing the video for Papa Don't Preach at a very young age and feeling attracted to her.

• 2 months later...

The MDNA tour kicked off in Tel Aviv a few nights ago. Madonna's known for her bombastic intros and this one was no exception; though it's not really covering much new ground stylistically compared to her previous efforts; I suppose the same could be said of the album. It still looked like a hell of a show...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WdimZYepu_8

why do her performances look like cult rituals inside catholic churches? too fucking dogmatic for my tastes

the music probably most definitely sucks too. and i don't even want to imagine what the lyrics contain...

A very reliable source tells me she's being remixed by Autechre.

A sloshy 5/4 breakbeat with a Max/MSP physically-modeled synth floating overhead and an intermittent flanged/ring-modded/pitch-shifted sample of Madonna saying "Girls".

Archived